Google Chrome VS Mozilla Firefox

I'm thinking of shifting to google chrome because apparently it's faster. Is that so? Also overall, is google chrome a better browser than firefox? is there a 3rd secret browser that's better than them both?

I don't know how to turn this into a poll, but how many use firefox and how many prefer chrome?

thanks ^ ^

Chrome is lighter, FF is heavier on resources.
The third one is opera.
Safari seems good for general usage but crashes a lot. Havent tried the newer versions of safari.

so if i didn't use any addons chrome would be better? i'm using chrome now just to see, and it looks real smooth.

what about chrome addons?

if firefox+addons > chrome

and chrome > firefox vanilla

then chrome+addons = ?

arun_rulezzz said:
so if i didn't use any addons chrome would be better? i'm using chrome now just to see, and it looks real smooth.

what about chrome addons?

if firefox+addons > chrome

and chrome > firefox vanilla

then chrome+addons = ?
firefox+addons > chrome+addons > chrome > opera > firefox > ie > safari

I love chrome addons but still not everything I need is possible even after adding

Actually even for the avg nerdy user Chrome is better. If you are very very demanding then go the firefox way.

Chrome is light , fast, convenient and minimalistic.

I am using chrome as its very fast and has minimalistic looks,lets you focus more on the webpage and also you get more real estate for the webpage when compared to the other browsers.You can also try opera if you want a cool looking browser with good speed.

Udit said:
firefox+addons > chrome+addons > chrome > opera > firefox > ie > safari

Pretty much the same sequence I would have put together. Firefox + Add-ons pwns everything else. But the thing is you are not limited to using a single browser. For instance, I use IE, Firefox and Chrome on a regular basis. I used to have Opera as my main browser a few years back, but I liked Firefox much better.

As for Safari, it doesn't even deserve a mention on the list of desktop browsers. The Mac version is bad enough (poor support for plug-ins, non working websites, lockups and crashes) to warrant immediate replacement with Firefox if you plan to visit websites other than the most common ones like Apple's own and Google Search, but the Windows version takes the cake by being quite horrendous (crashes far too often). Not quite what you would expect considering it shares the same Mozilla code base origins as Firefox.

although i use GC.. May be only because my system cannot afford.. I use IE when it comes to https else i am fine with Chrome..

eBRo

Opera is very good and is blazingly fast as well. Comes inbuilt with most common features though Firefox+addons can have unlimited possibilities. If you don't use too many addons, Opera might be perfect for you.

Opera is good with it's features like opera turbo if you have a slow connection and looks the sleekest of them all. It's comparable to firefox in terms of speed but lacks addons. It has also never crashed for me.
chrome - haven't used it much. I don't notice much of a difference really in the speeds.
firefox - i use this as i love the addons it gives and it is pretty quick.

Opera is good with it's features like opera turbo if you have a slow connection and looks the sleekest of them all. It's comparable to firefox in terms of speed but lacks addons. It has also never crashed for me.
chrome - haven't used it much. I don't notice much of a difference really in the speeds.
firefox - i use this as i love the addons it gives and it is pretty quick.

for some weird reason, the chrome keeps crashing on me all the time. I got 3 systems and the same result on all 3. Personally i prefer firefox or opera. IE9 is pretty decent too..

^
It's the same with me as well. It crashes every other hour and is not reliable at all. I wonder is it just with a few of us since so many people use Chrome here.

arun_rulezzz said:
I'm thinking of shifting to google chrome because apparently it's faster. Is that so? Also overall, is google chrome a better browser than firefox? is there a 3rd secret browser that's better than them both?

I don't know how to turn this into a poll, but how many use firefox and how many prefer chrome?

thanks ^ ^
used almost all browsers, from netscape, opera, IE (Supersucks) but have come back to FF every time

no use turning this into poll, FF will win all the way

my opinion

Back