Google Launches Free Turn-By Turn Voice Navigation In India

How can we get offline maps. This 3G/2G isn't reliable always and is a PITA.

You need to download the latest version. Then Options->Show offline list -> New Offline Map
Select an area and download it (you'll need an internet connection).

To open offline maps, you don't need an internet connection (in the latest version).

You do need internet access if you want to get directions or search for a place. If only they would allow that to be done offline as well.

Yeah I know that man. I meant the Navigation support.
Anyway do they allow downloading a huge area say the full state or Full India. Never tried it. But other Map softwares have this feature, I guess.

Yeah I know that man. I meant the Navigation support.
Anyway do they allow downloading a huge area say the full state or Full India. Never tried it. But other Map softwares have this feature, I guess.

Nopes. It won't allow you to download a full State. Forget abt India. The size restriction is somewhat 30MB i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Offline navigation is really not possible. Anyone successful in doing that w/o an internet connection ?

It says,Data Connection lost when i try to type in a destination and hit Go.. :(

I am on the latest version.

Not entirely related to topic but an hour back i was driving to work and while entering the freeway, i noticed the Google Street View car in front of me. I drove behind that car for like miles or so. May be my car will feature in the update of street view :)

This is the best thing that has happened for Indian Users back when I was in UK i use to use this a lot and missed it sorely when I came back to India and now that its here I use it pretty often. I have a lack of directional skills if you you will so this is a great for me.

Not entirely related to topic but an hour back i was driving to work and while entering the freeway, i noticed the Google Street View car in front of me. I drove behind that car for like miles or so. May be my car will feature in the update of street view :)

You probably have the least chance of being featured if you were behind the car. Only cars far ahead and those on the side have a chance of being featured.

You probably have the least chance of being featured if you were behind the car. Only cars far ahead and those on the side have a chance of being featured.

Not really. A car behind can be clearly captured by the cam on street view vehicle. I just checked few street view shots and that was the case. Lets see if i ever see my car in there. :)

Hello All
I used it many times and i am very impressed with this service by google.
Very accurate and clear.
I stay in Bhopal and dont have any issue till now.
Regards

Finally, it is launched ..but still there is no official announcement yet..because not sure that how many cities the traffic service will be available. :p

Nokia drive is the best turn-by turn voice navigation in India, there is no need of internet for routing and navigation and we can download the maps of entire states or even countries at once, so complete offline navigation in phone :)

Back