Google Launches Free Turn-By Turn Voice Navigation In India

Can I use this service on my samsung mobile? I have bada os in my samsung set. :23::23:

I dont think so, but still you can try maps.google.com on your browser and can tell us.

- - - Updated - - -

Nokia drive is the best turn-by turn voice navigation in India, there is no need of internet for routing and navigation and we can download the maps of entire states or even countries at once, so complete offline navigation in phone :)
Google is providing Turn by turn navigation and LIVE traffic updates.

I dont think so, but still you can try maps.google.com on your browser and can tell us.

- - - Updated - - -

Google is providing Turn by turn navigation and LIVE traffic updates.

1. Google doesnt provide true offline turn by turn navigation like nokia.

2. Google maps can save/cache only few kms and doesnt cover an enitre state whereas nokia drive offlline storage covers entire states and even countries.

3. Nokia drive works without any internet connection even for routing, directions and searching places whereas google needs internet connection for all these.

4. Nokia drive comes with voice guided navigation and you can select among the 55 voice languages.

5. Nokia also provides live traffic updates.

Conclusion: Nokia provides the best turn by turn navigation in india :)

I have used navigation with OVI Maps (before the Nokia Maps jargon came in) before and it worked well for me in India. Also when i had been to Thailand, i had downloaded the OVI Maps and was able to get offline navigation and POI search etc which was very much necessary since i dd not have a mobile connection there.
IMO, it is not fair to compare an online navigation with offline one. Both have their pros and cons and to be frank i would any time prefer offline one.

1. Google doesnt provide true offline turn by turn navigation like nokia.

Conclusion: Nokia provides the best turn by turn navigation in india :)

Totally agree with you, thats why still use old 5800 just for sake of maps.

Google - Please launch offline version like Nokia which purely works on GPS & all Nokia map customers are yours ;)
Sometimes you just need direction not live traffic. by the way which big city has smooth flowing traffic in peak hours where you need live traffic data as if we have some 10 fly overs at 1 juction to have more option.

Back