Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

ok... :(... yesterday i had opened bluedart website to check how much would be the shipping cost to ship the phone from Thane to Indore and the cost was around 456

Yes, that is normal rate for 1 kg package without insurance. BlueDart is generally hesitant to ship a high value item such as this without insurance not sure about your area, and if you add insurance it will cost you in the range of Rs 1000-2000.

Gannu i totally agree with you... But in my opinion someone had used this phone for quite sometime... i am saying this coz when i had received the phone the finger prints was all over the phone... and another thing is that if the custom people would have opened the package i would have received the package in slightly different condition but the packaging was intact... lets say someone opened the package at customs to check whats inside the box and this has happened with people who have imported the cellphones from U.S also but my point here is that just to check whats inside the box nobody would go ahead and remove the front screen guard... I follow this thread religiously and i have seen ppl saying that "their shipment had been opened at the customs by custom officers and after checking they sticked a sticker stating that opened by custom officer and something like that ( in my case there was no sticker on the box stating the same)" nobody said that he/she received a phone with missing front screen guard... As you mentioned above i know i would have to go through the hassle of shipping the phone back and stuff but the thing is that atleast after shipping the phone back i would have peace of mind... and the thing is that i haven't even used the phone extensively what if a major issue crops up after using the phone for a while which i am unaware of... i wouldn't be able to return the cellphone back at that time... and i would just start cursing my self that i should have returned the phone back when i had a chance... :(

The seller won't be getting each unit separately nor its directly sent to you from the US either. Besides the customs sticker won't be on the individual box, rather on the outer packaging. So you cannot come to a decision based on that alone.

By the screen guard, do you mean the factory installed protective covering which is not present? If yes, you are right, the customs official wouldn't have removed that. But you can give the seller the benefit of doubt here if that's the only flag, regarding the finger prints, the seller might have switched it on to verify the phone is in working order.

Anyway if you want to return the phone, do as I suggested earlier. Open an eBay Guarantee claim, discuss this with the claim adjuster. If the seller is OK returning the phone for a refund, then do as eBay suggests. If he had used PowerShip you will get free return pickup, if not you can send it on your own and eBay will reimburse your entire shipping cost. Plus you would be on the safer side if the seller for some reason says he never received your package or its damaged on receipt etc.

Yes, that is normal rate for 1 kg package without insurance. BlueDart is generally hesitant to ship a high value item such as this without insurance not sure about your area, and if you add insurance it will cost you in the range of Rs 1000-2000.

The seller won't be getting each unit separately nor its directly sent to you from the US either. Besides the customs sticker won't be on the individual box, rather on the outer packaging. So you cannot come to a decision based on that alone.

By the screen guard, do you mean the factory installed protective covering which is not present? If yes, you are right, the customs official wouldn't have removed that. But you can give the seller the benefit of doubt here if that's the only flag, regarding the finger prints, the seller might have switched it on to verify the phone is in working order.

Anyway if you want to return the phone, do as I suggested earlier. Open an eBay Guarantee claim, discuss this with the claim adjuster. If the seller is OK returning the phone for a refund, then do as eBay suggests. If he had used PowerShip you will get free return pickup, if not you can send it on your own and eBay will reimburse your entire shipping cost. Plus you would be on the safer side if the seller for some reason says he never received your package or its damaged on receipt etc.

Opened a Guarantee claim... waiting for the response from the ebay team... In the morning when i had contacted the seller to ask that, for a refund i need to open a guarantee claim or not? he said " there's no need to open a guarantee claim you just need to send us the phone and we would refund the money in 5 to 6 days" it seems he wants to keep ebay out of the picture which IMO is wrong... anyways opened a claim and waiting for the response... BTW do you know any ebay customer care number where i can directly reach them? thanks for the response varkey the above post was really helpful :)

Opened a Guarantee claim... waiting for the response from the ebay team... In the morning when i had contacted the seller to ask that, for a refund i need to open a guarantee claim or not? he said " there's no need to open a guarantee claim you just need to send us the phone and we would refund the money in 5 to 6 days" it seems he wants to keep ebay out of the picture which IMO is wrong... anyways opened a claim and waiting for the response... BTW do you know any ebay customer care number where i can directly reach them? thanks for the response varkey the above post was really helpful :)

read ur posts .. yeah its better to go through ebay .. if they pick up and drop then good ..

u cannot call the claim adjuster , they will call u ..

i recently shipped a tablet worth 20k and when i checked bluedart site , it showed 500-600 but on going there , they said it will cost 2.5k with insurance.. their charges are too high ..

u can ship it safely using overnite express courier , they have dedicated service for sending phones, they seal it in a polybag and ship .. 250-400 shipping charges and 2% insurance on declared value .. its very fast as well..

Did anyone place an order recently and got it shipped? It looks like they are cancelling all orders to freight forwarders or paid with non-us CCs.

Did anyone place an order recently and got it shipped? It looks like they are cancelling all orders to freight forwarders or paid with non-us CCs.
Mine got cancelled twice...hold on cc is still pending...

Reason is address not matching financial institution....Google have started verifying the orders and only US CC card orders are going through and even getting immediate shipping like in a day...

Placed it mid March, shipped within 2/3 days, billing was India address. Received from SnS last week.

@vaibkulk Details above.

Even I placed an order on March 10th or so and it was shipped within 1-2 days.

This billing address issue is more recent, I guess we have to get a person with a US CC to place the order now.[DOUBLEPOST=1364821870][/DOUBLEPOST]
Trustworthy^?

It says 1 unit in stock.

Yep, placed an order for a friend yesterday at 6 PM, and its already shipped by Fedex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price now=USD 449.56
Even I placed an order on March 10th or so and it was shipped within 1-2 days.

This billing address issue is more recent, I guess we have to get a person with a US CC to place the order now.[DOUBLEPOST=1364821870][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yep, placed an order for a friend yesterday at 6 PM, and its already shipped by Fedex.

Wow!!nexus 7 16gb in 14k.Asus provides international warranty right??Is this site trustworthy??From google play US itself nexus 7 comes out to be 225$.

Edit:Out of stock.:p

Wow!!nexus 7 16gb in 14k.Asus provides international warranty right??Is this site trustworthy??From google play US itself nexus 7 comes out to be 225$.

Edit:Out of stock.:p

They are genuine. But do note that, there is customs and shipping in addition to the quoted price. Although you can get an additional $50 off with the newsletter coupon JPLOVESYOU.

Secondly you need to take into account the foreign currency surcharge as well.

So guys, I have received my Nexus 4 16 gb today from JadoPado..I though I will post a full review today..

Odered from JadoPado.com on Friday, 29th of March. Friday being a off day for them, device was shipped on 30th march.
Price Details:
Nexus 4 16gb: USD 422.30
(-)Coupon Code "jplovesyou" USD 50.16
Shipping Charges: USD 32.61
------------------------------------------
Net Total: USD 404.74 (INR 21967)

Shipping via FedEX:
Details
rvWUNfl.jpg

Custom Charges:
CVD (7%) INR 1787
SAD (4%) INR 1093
Other Charges INR 300
Service Tax INR 37
--------------------------------------------
Total INR 3217
--------------------------------------------
Total for Nexus 4 16 gb: INR 25,184

Now, about the service..I have not experienced such a fast service any where...delivered in just 2 days which were weekends..FedEX did a fantastic job here..Similarly the Customer Service of JadoPado is also good..there were no delays in shipping and I got an immediate reply from their reps on mail as well...

Another pro is that this phone is covered under their limited 1 year warranty..read more here..
I would surely recommend this to others..

Enjoy
good.gif

Lol i was charged almost 2.2k as customs....this poor guy paid 3217.

Back