Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

You were charged 2.2k duty for *two* phones, which is pretty great. Not sure why you are still cribbing about that. ;)
I was 5100 for 2 phones and 4 cases. I am not going to accept that I paid 3k customs for cases.

The sad was for the phones, not the cases, here the fedex receipt shows most amount is SAD..

I was 5100 for 2 phones and 4 cases. I am not going to accept that I paid 3k customs for cases.

The sad was for the phones, not the cases, here the fedex receipt shows most amount is SAD..

Sorry, yes you were charged SAD for the phones. My bad. But if you take a closer look at your BOE, then the duty on the phones is Rs 2193 including SAD.

Assessable value of the phones : Rs 19440
Duty on the phones = Rs 2193 ie 11% of the assessable value (7% duty and 4% SAD)

Assessable value for the cases : Rs 9545
Duty on the cases : Rs 2753 ie 28.8% of the assessable value (I don't know the exact splitup, but it includes BCD, CVD, SAD etc)

There is no hiding from the fact that you were charged Rs 2753 as duty for the cases. Its given as two separate handwritten entries in the BOE. The one on top is for the phone (can be confirmed by checking the HS code) and the one below is for the cases.

Is nexus 4 still <22k ? for 8GB? Where can I get one?

Thanks in advance

edit : If I buy it from the U.S , will it be just 16K ish? Can I use it here out of the box?
I'm planning on buying a smart phone for <25K and looks like this is the best out there. I'm upgrading from a basic mobile. :)

Is nexus 4 still <22k ? for 8GB? Where can I get one?

Thanks in advance

edit : If I buy it from the U.S , will it be just 16K ish? Can I use it here out of the box?
I'm planning on buying a smart phone for <25K and looks like this is the best out there. I'm upgrading from a basic mobile. :)
What do u mean by buy in the US?
Buy from US using indian card and ship to india? If that's the case, then no, it won't cost 16k,if u are in the US, The 8gb one will cost u around 330$.

Thanks mate. I meant buying it when someone comes down from the US. Paying <18K looks damn cheap . AFAIK we can get the 8GB model for <24K in India from ebay or homeshopping right? And if we use some coupons , we can pay close to <23k?
I want to buy a device to use apps. Don't want any micromax / karbon mobile . I don't like the build quality of samsing either. Is the nexus 4 the best out there for <25K? Other wise I have to buy the latest ipod touch buy won't be able 2 use 3G.
Also is 8GB enough for using apps and music. I'm not going to store a lot of videos.
Can u please throw some light on this?

Thanks

can any one help ?
ordered nexus 10 from play store. Unfortunately order got cancelled.

this is the mail which i got
"Thank you for using Google Wallet. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify some of the order details for the following order. As a result the order has been cancelled.

You may resubmit this order by visiting Google Inc. again. To help us verify the order details, we recommend that your billing and shipping addresses match what is on file with your bank."

was using ppo box and citi ccd.

since when they started matching these details.
has any one else faced this kind of issue ?

thanx in advance

^^ - Any idea how much the nexus 4 would be in the India store? The Nexus 7 is 16K +shipping whereas it's 200$ in the US (<11k) . (Both are 16GB I guess . Correct me if I'm wrong).
So , Nexus 4 8GB would also be atleast 23K +shipping .
We can get the 8GB from ebay.in for <23 K right now. The only adv from buying from google store India would be the warranty.

^^ - Any idea how much the nexus 4 would be in the India store? The Nexus 7 is 16K +shipping whereas it's 200$ in the US (<11k) . (Both are 16GB I guess . Correct me if I'm wrong).
So , Nexus 4 8GB would also be atleast 23K +shipping .
We can get the 8GB from ebay.in for <23 K right now. The only adv from buying from google store India would be the warranty.
Firstly google needs to get permission from LG to sell it here... I don't think nexus 4 will launch in india... Go the ebay way....

Or buy from ishopinternational.

Guys i am looking to buy Ringke Slim Case for my Nexus 4... Its selling for 10$ on amazon... So anybody knows how much the total cost would turn out be after adding shipping + custom charges... Is anybody interested in making a GO thread for the same? I am looking to buy both Ringke slim case + skinomi tech skin

I tried sourcing the Ringke Fusion Hybrid Case locally but couldn't find it anywhere, so I'm thinking of pickin it up from here. The seller has promised delivery next day or within 2 days max.

Back