Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

So I'm looking to buy a 16gb N4 here. What is the recommended course of action? Import from USA for about 25k or get it from ebay for 27k or should I just wait for the official release (which I'm expecting will cost 35k). What is everyone else planning to buy this phone doing?

So I'm looking to buy a 16gb N4 here. What is the recommended course of action? Import from USA for about 25k or get it from ebay for 27k or should I just wait for the official release (which I'm expecting will cost 35k). What is everyone else planning to buy this phone doing?

I ordered my Nexus 7 from Cart2India and they delayed my shipment by a week.
After seeing feedback from others whose parcels got delayed for over a month, I'm not taking any chances with cart2india.

I'm looking at other courier forwarding firms like ishopinternational, but I don't know how reliable they are.

After seeing feedback from others whose parcels got delayed for over a month, I'm not taking any chances with cart2india.

I'm looking at other courier forwarding firms like ishopinternational, but I don't know how reliable they are.
u need to provide them with links to purchase the item,but how can u when the google play store doesnt open for you ! ?

- - - Updated - - -

u need to provide them with links to purchase the item,but how can u when the google play store doesnt open for you ! ?

I used a proxy. The Play store is currently charging $13.99 for shipping (for Nexus 7) and the tax varies depending on the state and county.
Via ishopinternational, it should be around $395

Update:
N4 16GB - $349
Shipping - $13.99
Tax (6.8%) - $24
---------------------
Total Play store charge - $386.99

So you can request for a quote of this amount from ishopinternational or any other site for that matter
Net cost including both the playstore charge and ishopinternational fees (including duty, etc) after a discount of Rs.500 (Coupon - LIGHTTHESEASON) is ~INR 23.6k; Though I am still waiting for a confirmation on the quote

It's a pretty good deal I think! don't you?

Hmmm, looks good,weight is 2lbs for all phones.

If u have taken that,then ur quote is correct !

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, looks good,weight is 2lbs for all phones.

If u have taken that,then ur quote is correct !

I used a proxy. They're currently charging $13.99 for shipping and tax varies depending on the state and county.

Update:
N4 16GB - $349
Shipping - $13.99
Tax (6.8%) - $24
---------------------
Total - $386.99

So you can request for a quote of this amount from ishopinternational or any other site for that matter
Net amount after a discount of Rs.500 (Coupon - LIGHTTHESEASON) is ~INR 23.6k including shipping, duty etc; Though I am still waiting for a confirmation on the quote

please can u tell me here exact way of ordering the N4 via proxy way u ordered ..........????

- - - Updated - - -

how to even open google playstore via proxy in phone or in browser?? and what address to put up??

I used a proxy. They're currently charging $13.99 for shipping and tax varies depending on the state and county.

Update:
N4 16GB - $349
Shipping - $13.99
Tax (6.8%) - $24
---------------------
Total - $386.99

Net amount after a discount of Rs.500 (Coupon - LIGHTTHESEASON) is ~INR 23.6k including shipping, duty etc; Though I am still waiting for a confirmation on the quote

This sounds like an extremely good deal! I have one question though. The 6.8% tax is the tax on the Nexus4 in the US I presume? What about the custom duty and other such charges which happen during international shipping? Or are those covered with the 13.99USD shipping you mentioned?

Please update this thread as your deal goes on, I need a few examples to encourage myself to order from abroad ;D

This sounds like an extremely good deal! I have one question though. The 6.8% tax is the tax on the Nexus4 in the US I presume? What about the custom duty and other such charges which happen during international shipping? Or are those covered with the 13.99USD shipping you mentioned?

Please update this thread as your deal goes on, I need a few examples to encourage myself to order from abroad ;D

The $13.99 is the probable play store shipping charge and 6.8% sales tax is specifically for New york city.
Customs duty, international shipping and facillitation fee which a courier/parcel forwarding company will chang, is seperate.

I've updated my earlier post for better clarity

I used a proxy. The Play store is currently charging $13.99 for shipping (for Nexus 7) and the tax varies depending on the state and county.

Update:
N4 16GB - $349
Shipping - $13.99
Tax (6.8%) - $24
---------------------
Total Play store charge - $386.99

Net cost including both the playstore charge and ishopinternational fees (including duty, etc) after a discount of Rs.500 (Coupon - LIGHTTHESEASON) is ~INR 23.6k; Though I am still waiting for a confirmation on the quote

I am not sure how will ishop check the url for purchase as purchase page for nexus 4 does not open for Indian geoip. I would appreciate if someone can let me know a workaround so i can request price quote.

US also sold out !

yeah my colleague here wanted but his card was declined at the last moment for some stupid reason and he was not able to get the order placed.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep on pressing Refresh on the nexus 4 screen and you MIGHT get add to card..then be very fast to get your order processed.

yeah my colleague here wanted but his card was declined at the last moment for some stupid reason and he was not able to get the order placed.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep on pressing Refresh on the nexus 4 screen and you MIGHT get add to card..then be very fast to get your order processed.

You got one ?

You got one ?

No i am not buying but i did the F5 F5 and i did get "Add to Cart" once. So it is there but you need to keep pressing F5. Also after you do add to cart when you click proceed you might get Oops.... error then you need to start over again.

I got two! Yay!!! Persistence and timing is the key boys..
Missed out on the bumber case though.

Happy Diwali \\(^_^)//

@m0h1t did you use a Indian credit card to buy the phones? I have heard that Google blocks your wallet account if you try buying a device from a card which is not from the country where the device is selling, in this case, US.

Last edited by a moderator:
m0h1t did you use a Indian credit card to buy the phones? I have heard that Google blocks your wallet account if you try buying a device from a card which is not from the country where the device is selling, in this case, US.

Yes I used an indian credit card and No, I don't think they block your account. They just don't allow you to pay for a US product with a card which has a non-US address.

FYI, the 16gb costed me $395 in NY.

Back