Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

Yes I used an indian credit card and No, I don't think they block your account. They just don't allow you to pay for a US product with a card which has a non-US address.

FYI, the 16gb costed me $395 in NY.

so if they dont allow a non us based card..........how would u get the N4 ??

Yes I used an indian credit card and No, I don't think they block your account. They just don't allow you to pay for a US product with a card which has a non-US address.

FYI, the 16gb costed me $395 in NY.

So you changed the address on your card to a US address and then made the purchase? If that worked, I am ordering one myself :)

So you entered the NY address as the billing address of your Indian CC in Google Wallet? Which bank?

No I entered my own US address as the billing address, though you can probably enter that of a relative or that of your shipping company. The payment system doesn't authenticate the address, just the name, number, security code and the expiry date.

Doesn't matter which bank, it works with all three - Visa, MasterCard and Amex. Though amex first declined my payment thinking it to be fraudulent, I had to call them to reactivate my card. Had it worked the first time I would had 3 phones instead of 2.

No I entered my own US address as the billing address, though you can probably enter that of a relative or that of your shipping company. The payment system doesn't authenticate the address, just the name, number, security code and the expiry date.

Doesn't matter which bank, it works with all three - Visa, MasterCard and Amex. Though amex first declined my payment thinking it to be fraudulent, I had to call them to reactivate my card. Had it worked the first time I would had 3 phones instead of 2.

Will you be selling or keeping the second Nexus 4 :p ? If you're selling I'll book it :p

So, if I am able to order it via my CC it comes to
Cost of the Mobile: $395
Shipping cost: $18
Customs (approx): Rs. 1000
Total: Rs 24,500 give or take a few 100 here or there.

That's 1000 bucks cheaper than the ebay deal. A nice deal none the less, but there is a possibility that the prices on ebay might come down in a month or so when the phone is officially anounced / there are other channels available for dealers to source the phone from (Singapore/EU/Russia/Canada/Aus etc).

Let's see.

are you staying in India or us ?

or using ppobox's newyork address as shipping address / any other way ?

my cousin in u.s. can place an order with his cc.. how to get it to India ?

16gb for 30k and 8gb for 25.. what a ****ing joke!

Though I'm very curious to know how cart2india is planning on fulfilling the close to 200 orders of both variant that it already has by mid December

They've already pushed the delivery time by 2 weeks from what it previously was and I don't think they could have gotten too many units if at all any in the first round of sale considering how mad it was, and we have no idea when its going to be on sale again. Hopefully in the next two weeks.

Many of the US orders have been backordered by 3 weeks.
Google has offered to discount the shipping fees as well as given the option to cancel the orders to the people whose phones have been backordered.

I think waiting would be a good idea.

I mean Google would introduce a 32 GB version of the Nexus 4, and replace prices and products like this

- 8 GB Nexus 4 - $299 - phased out
- 16 GB Nexus 4 - $299 - price drop
- 32 GB Nexus 4 - $349 - new entry

And when channels such a Singapore/etc. open up for dealers to import, we should be getting these phones for under 20k (at least for the $299 model, considering the Galaxy Nexus selling at 21k and it costs $349).

Google is crediting back the shipping charges to early buyers ,anybody got refund ?

Only for thise whose phones have been backordered. Thats the least they could do considering it will be 3 more weeks before those people will get their phones in their hands.

Back