Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

^^ lucky bugger! Great friend willing to book 2, suggest you get it thru SNS, Cos if he gets it thru personally, he will have to either carry one in his hangs and other as gift and if this conbined shopping value exceeds Rs.35k, custom duty of 35% will be payable.

But they say "Maximum Insurable amount is $200.00 per package."

PPObox - your personal post office to shop U.S., U.K., and India

ohh!! i guess i never read that. good that you pointed out. just gave them a call, they told that they have been charging insurance w.r.t 200$ since a month and i didnt notice it. :(

- - - Updated - - -

^^ lucky bugger! Great friend willing to book 2, suggest you get it thru SNS, Cos if he gets it thru personally, he will have to either carry one in his hangs and other as gift and if this conbined shopping value exceeds Rs.35k, custom duty of 35% will be payable.
i dont think that it is 35%, according to me the import customs duty is around 2 to 3%(for a mobile phone) approx which is not much i guess.

i dont think that it is 35%, according to me the import customs duty is around 2 to 3%(for a mobile phone) approx which is not much i guess.

The duty percentage varies with the mode of import.

When you get something in your baggage while returning to India, it is about 35% as hmasalia mentioned.

4. The goods over and above the free allowances shall be chargeable to customs duty @ 35% + an education cess of 3% i.e. to say the effective rate is 36.05%.

Baggage Rules at a glance - CBEC

The 2.03% rate you mentioned is applicable only if you import it through express courier like Fedex, DHL etc. If its a personal import through postal channels (ie USPS / HK Post etc which are handled by India Post once it reaches India) then the rate is much higher at around 40% as per CTH 98.04 -- http://www.mumbaicustoms.gov.in/scripts/public.asp

a) Goods which are meant for personal use are classified under CTH 98.04 and released on payment of duty as applicable.

Note: Custom will charge Rs.55.50 per dollar value of the Invoice submitted or the assessed value, for the next 15 Days, after which it will be revised for additional 15 days if required.

I booked my Nexus 4 (2 Nos) yesterday was charges Rs.55.87 may have to pay 2.5% Dollar Conversion charge levied by my credit card company (not sure about it).

Has anyone ordered a bumber case? for the nexus any idea of it being available in the google store or ebay?

I cracked the LCD of my phone today .. :(
was really hoping to wait till next year to upgrade .. damn.

When is the official launch in India .. ?

Damn.. I'm getting technical error from evening.. i am using hdfc visa card with ppobox us address as billing address..i got a msg saying u have been charged Re.1 for verifying from google msg..

#hmasalia
#adaneam
#Deepak
#toocool6600
#varkey
#vriship

These ****ing cunts at Google cancelled one of my orders today (check the screenshot) just becuase it had 'PPO Box #' in the address. I've called their play support and wallet support number atleast half a dozen times since morning, trying to explain to a new person everytime time that it's not a ****ing PO Box and somone will ****ing sign for it! But these guys just don't get it, it's ****ing retarted.

I just hope they don't ****ing cancel my other order which also ships to the same ****ing address!

So, has anyone of you, who is using PPObox to get the phone here, managed to get a tracking number or any other kind of ****ing information.

I so hope to god they ship my ****ing phone!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they've charged me twice for one of the order on my citibank card. They've only pre-authorised the charge but haven't claimed it yet. The problem with citibank is that it retains the pre-authorisation for 30 days unlike my AMEX which only retains it for 7 days. I already had spent quite a lot on my citi card and now I barely have 3-4k worth of credit limit left. FML!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 252
#hmasalia
#adaneam
#Deepak
#toocool6600
#varkey
#vriship

These ****ing cunts at Google cancelled one of my orders today (check the screenshot) just becuase it had 'PPO Box #' in the address. I've called their play support and wallet support number atleast half a dozen times since morning, trying to explain to a new person everytime time that it's not a ****ing PO Box and somone will ****ing sign for it! But these guys just don't get it, it's ****ing retarted.

I just hope they don't ****ing cancel my other order which also ships to the same ****ing address!

So, has anyone of you, who is using PPObox to get the phone here, managed to get a tracking number or any other kind of ****ing information.

I so hope to god they ship my ****ing phone!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they've charged me twice for one of the order on my citibank card. They've only pre-authorised the charge but haven't claimed it yet. The problem with citibank is that it retains the pre-authorisation for 30 days unlike my AMEX which only retains it for 7 days. I already had spent quite a lot on my citi card and now I barely have 3-4k worth of credit limit left. FML!!
This is not done . First of all they dont bring nexus series officially here and now even they wont let you buy from US

This is not done . First of all they dont bring nexus series officially here and now even they wont let you buy from US

Though as much, was reading the shipping disclaimer on Google Play store- they don't ship to Post Boxes. I think PPO BOx is actually a post box no. right?

Back