Android Google Nexus 4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using gadgetshieldz for about 2 days now.Sticky feel has decreased considerably.Dry protectors wont cover curved edges thats the only concern.
I am going to order this screen guard by SGP in a few days Rs.750 odd > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEU4OEE/ref=gno_cart_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2SFKRF5TPZMT5

Anyone else has them?

I ditched the xtremeguard as a choice due to their sticky feel. Looking for front and back only, no sides.
Hey which rom do you think is better??PA or cyanogenmod??

Just ordered Screen protector from Gadgetshieldz.in (maximum protection) used the promo code "adw20" as suggested by sarthak.
Still Confused about the Case Though. :(

@vidar apply the screen guard after you decide the case.. if you're getting a bumper or a tpu case then the screen guard will go waste as these cases push the screen guard at the curved edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I'm about to buy smart phone for <25K. Looks the the N4 is the best out there. Camera is not a big concern for me.
I'd be using it for apps and voice assistant. Is 8GB enough if I'm not going to store a lot of videos? I'm not going to play heavy games either. Just productivty apps and music. Looks like I can get it for ~23k from ebay here.
I'm also contemplating on buying an ipod touch (4-inch) over this since I'm buying it for apps.

Dropped my nexus 4 onto a Marble floor, bottom part of the screen is copmpletely shattered,rest of the screen is working,what are my options ?

Is it time to buy a new phone,or can i do something?

Replacement screen is available somewhere online but is around 150$.I think repairing will be quite costly if somehow done.I wud say pray that nexus 4 comes to india soon.Bdw what kind of protection were you using??
Dropped my nexus 4 onto a Marble floor, bottom part of the screen is copmpletely shattered,rest of the screen is working,what are my options ?

Is it time to buy a new phone,or can i do something?

Hi guys,
I'm about to buy smart phone for <25K. Looks the the N4 is the best out there. Camera is not a big concern for me.
I'd be using it for apps and voice assistant. Is 8GB enough if I'm not going to store a lot of videos? I'm not going to play heavy games either. Just productivty apps and music. Looks like I can get it for ~23k from ebay here.
I'm also contemplating on buying an ipod touch (4-inch) over this since I'm buying it for apps.

The 8 GB Nexus 4 should be just fine if you dont plan to use it for Multimedia .. its the smoothest performing phone on the market .. better than all other flagships currently. Its unmatchable in the 25k price range.

hey guys...its been over a month since i ordered xtremeguard protector and haven't received it till yet...have complained them abou the same and they dispatched a replacement 13 days back and no sign of it coming also....the usps site never shows the updated status of the mail or even replies or have proper provisions for complains....
what do i do...pls help!!!!!!
@sarthakk250193 @benryu........help required bross

hey guys...its been over a month since i ordered xtremeguard protector and haven't received it till yet...have complained them abou the same and they dispatched a replacement 13 days back and no sign of it coming also....the usps site never shows the updated status of the mail or even replies or have proper provisions for complains....
what do i do...pls help!!!!!!
@sarthakk250193 @benryu........help required bross
Well if they sent a replacement,i would suggest you wait a bit.I received mine in 20 days.At the time of order they told 20-30 days.And yes USPS site will not show the updated status.

Hey guys need some help here. My bro is in London for a week and I want him to get the Nexus 4 for me from over there. Problem is he will have to get it locally since there is no Cash On delivery option from the Play Store. Can u guys tell any place where he can get it locally?

Hey guys need some help here. My bro is in London for a week and I want him to get the Nexus 4 for me from over there. Problem is he will have to get it locally since there is no Cash On delivery option from the Play Store. Can u guys tell any place where he can get it locally?
Locally anywhere if available,will be much costlier.

Ok guys .. dropped my unprotected Nexus 4 during a photoshoot
It flew out of my hand as I was walking with it clutched on the side.

The phone landed on its side and chipped front glass at the top-left.. the rest of the body is scratchless .. just a chip on the top-left and a scruff on the bottom-left.

Now here is where the trouble starts .. the screen is now showing some weird color bands on the display.
1. Touch n Color everything seems to be fine but the Color bands comeup whenever the screen is displaying dark (black) color ..

2. Also I think there are some permanent horizontal bands which have 'reduced' the resolution of the screen. Text now appears Jagged.

After 2 weeks of mourning I checked with a local mobile repair shop thinking it might be a loose connector but he told me to get the entire screen replaced. He referred me to the near by LG Service Center where the rep told me he can get my screen replaced for 4.5k. He said there are no screens for the Nexus 4 in stock so he will need to order one separately and it will take a few days.

Also I checked online, the replacement screen comes with the entire front panel of the phone including the front glass (since its fused n all).

So if the LG Service Center comes through with a new screen it would be great news for owners who might need a repair in the future.

This is in Hyderabad btw.

EDIT: the OEM replacements screen costs $80 on ebay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back