Android Google Nexus 4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys .. dropped my unprotected Nexus 4 during a photoshoot
It flew out of my hand as I was walking with it clutched on the side.

The phone landed on its side and chipped front glass at the top-left.. the rest of the body is scratchless .. just a chip on the top-left and a scruff on the bottom-left.

EDIT: the OEM replacements screen costs $80 on ebay.com

dear dexBG,

sorry to know about your phone.. since then, is there any progress?

kindly let us know...

dear dexBG,

sorry to know about your phone.. since then, is there any progress?

kindly let us know...

yea definitely .. I got the screen(including front panel) replaced at the LG service center here .. replacement cost was 4672/-

phone is good as new. !!

yea definitely .. I got the screen(including front panel) replaced at the LG service center here .. replacement cost was 4672/-

phone is good as new. !!

That's good news! And what's the location?
I mean which service center did it?

Ah thanks dex, it is really useful info... hey, I m getting my Nexus on 28th... can you please tell me how to convert my docomo sim to micro one?

thanks again dex...
Goto any mobile shop.They have a sim cutter to cut it into micro sim.Or tata store where they will replace your sim with micro.

you can goto the DoCoMo store and they will give you a micro SIM replacement for your number .. it will get activated when you put the new SIM in.

Goto any mobile shop.They have a sim cutter to cut it into micro sim.Or tata store where they will replace your sim with micro.
ah.. I was worried... thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1366907286][/DOUBLEPOST]DexBG and other friends here, thank you so much for your suggestions and inputs here... It helped me being decisive abt nexus 4.

and can you all please put some info on Do's and Don'ts with nexus 4 handling and usage...

thank you all...

invest in a good case and till then use it any cheap tpu or gel case

get a screen protector.

the back glass is delicate take care of it.

invest in a good case and till then use it any cheap tpu or gel case

get a screen protector.

the back glass is delicate take care of it.
hey dexBG thanks,

I am getting stock case.. is it ok? and screen guard... yea, I'll buy one once it is here. you know, getting info from net is now like drinking water from fire hydrant :p . after reading about Prateek's mobile, I felt bad... Hope his phone revives...

thanks da

To all those buying cases do not use a full body protection. The case will push the edge of the screen guard and it will be a waste. Get some normal local ones that do not cover the curved edges.

To all those buying cases do not use a full body protection. The case will push the edge of the screen guard and it will be a waste. Get some normal local ones that do not cover the curved edges.
It doesn't happen when using Skinomi protector(I think with all the wet protectors), I have used Nillkin hard case and Ringke fusion with the Skinomi protector, didn't had any problem.

Hi all,
My brother is coming from Michigan, U.S. next week. I had asked him to bring me a Nexus 4 (16GB) but he checked and said availability is a problem from Google Store. is it still an issue after so many months ??
Tried to search but didn't find any better instant available deals other than these 2 on Amazon but they are overpriced a bit

1. 8GB $359.50 : http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Phone-8GB-Unlocked/dp/B00A9ZER46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366965104&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus 4
. 16Gb $420.39 : http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Phone-16GB-Unlocked/dp/B00ABPKHH0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366965104&sr=8-2&keywords=nexus 4

Doesn anyone have any good links where I can buy it readily ?? pls help..

Hi all,
My brother is coming from Michigan, U.S. next week. I had asked him to bring me a Nexus 4 (16GB) but he checked and said availability is a problem from Google Store. is it still an issue after so many months ??
Tried to search but didn't find any better instant available deals other than these 2 on Amazon but they are overpriced a bit

1. 8GB $359.50 : http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Phone-8GB-Unlocked/dp/B00A9ZER46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366965104&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus 4
. 16Gb $420.39 : http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Phone-16GB-Unlocked/dp/B00ABPKHH0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366965104&sr=8-2&keywords=nexus 4

Doesn anyone have any good links where I can buy it readily ?? pls help..
Damn that's a real shame .. I would suggest checking the T-Mobile stores .. they were supposed to selling unlocked Nexus 4 as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1366974905][/DOUBLEPOST]
hey dexBG thanks,

I am getting stock case.. is it ok? and screen guard... yea, I'll buy one once it is here. you know, getting info from net is now like drinking water from fire hydrant :p . after reading about Prateek's mobile, I felt bad... Hope his phone revives...

thanks da

If by the stock case you mean the Stock LG Bumper then its fine ..
You can buy a Gadgetshielz Screenguard for 350/- .. It ships from Chennai.

Most regular screenguards don't cover the curved edges .. AFAIK its only the Skinomi(& Gadgetshielz) which covers the curved glass.
You can buy unbranded ones from ebay etc .. they have decent quality and are super-cheap.

Get a matte finish Screenguard if you play games a lot.

@sunny4691 i have the gadgetshieldz and a Poetic Borderline bumper and i have the problem.

@dexBG can you give a link to one of those matte finish guards you are telling about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back