Android Google Nexus 4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, looking to pick up this phone, any idea if the Indian copies are the 2nd revision with the heat problem somewhat resolved? I have to attend long business calls for hours, don't want a phone that will melt my ears :)

Got my phone fixed at the Service Center today.

Power button was causing issue since 2 weeks. Wasn't getting pressed, needed to squeeze it tightly to get it to work.

Phone got stuck at boot animation today and couldn't get it to reboot with the Power Button .. took it to the Service where they replaced the power button.

Total Cost: Rs. 360/- for a new Power button.

Also enquired about a new battery.
Apparently a brand new battery of the Nexus 4 from LG costs just Rs. 950/- :)

On my friend's phone the touch works properly but inside apps touch is really bad. Its like pressing buttons. What could be the problem?

On my friend's phone the touch works properly but inside apps touch is really bad. Its like pressing buttons. What could be the problem?

Use the Dev options to try out the touch and see the visual responses.

Yes its 4.2.2. Most apps this problem is there. I dont know if my friend would want to root and install custom roms. He doesnt use any such stuff

From 2 days,google play services is consuming a lot of battery.Even more than screen.Overnight my phone is losing 20% which is too much.Location based services as well as GPS is turned off.Rom is Paranoid android.Kernel:Faux.Any suggestions??If nothing works,then i will reflash gapps.I dont wanna do it right away as it takes too much time for apps to update and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back