Google Nexus 7 Does Not Support USB OTG & MHL

Guys anyone know if this is a software limitation or a hardware limitation? if it is software, some dev somewhere would sure push a patch!

Guys anyone know if this is a software limitation or a hardware limitation? if it is software, some dev somewhere would sure push a patch!
This is NOT a software limitation as far as i can tell
I'm running Jellybean 4.1 on my GNex and USB OTG works for me,it could be because i'm rooted

I'm running Jellybean 4.1 on my GNex and USB OTG works for me,it could be because i'm rooted

Same here, I think they have a hardware limitation. The only redeeming feature for Nexus 7 is that for people with NFC enabled phones, they can pretty much transfer everything on the fly to the tablet(selectively ofc). Low price tag and great HW being let down by Google's stringent "pushing" of the cloud!.

Same here, I think they have a hardware limitation. The only redeeming feature for Nexus 7 is that for people with NFC enabled phones, they can pretty much transfer everything on the fly to the tablet(selectively ofc). Low price tag and great HW being let down by Google's stringent "pushing" of the cloud!.

TBH,you never know untill some smartarse out there might just get OTG working for you :p
But damm,that tablet for a $199 price tag looks hot !!

I am pretty sure it is related to the Kernel. Ofcourse GNex comes with a kernel that supports MHL and USB OTG by default.

Back