[Gorgeous Beauty]My MX518 just arrived + Pics

argus_smith said:
thats why the quotes were there...it says on he box 'cpi'...seems to be a good buy but is kinda wierd shaped.

theres one more huge mouse from iball for 550/-...it has 10 buttons :p
Yes its called force 10.....force 10 my b***...should be "forced 10"....besides without a driver configuring the buttons should be a prob..no??
And its clunky with a non impressive build qual...MX 518:hap2:

but your point @ 500/- odd......decent

tracerbullet said:
I agree with Mask.

Vandal, no one's trying to "defy" you over here. The entire forum isn't out to get you man, calm down. He has his opinion and you have yours!

One question can alcohol (whisky being meant here, oh I don't drink it :ashamed: ) be used on the external surface of a mouse?? Say any generic mouse...Now on loggies 310 and 518??

any harm??

How to clean?? used with dirty fingers few times....now the crater "moon surface" look of the MX 518 is screwed...suggestions?? Safe ones?:(

@Vandal: Aye, whiskey be fine me hearties. Save ye won't be able to get 'e smell outta it ye scurvy scallywag!!

On a serious note, use a damp tissue or cloth. Why waste good alcohol? Of course, I'm assuming it's good alcohol and not some local variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^It's the number of times the mouse sends reports to the computer every second. Over USB it's normally 125Hz i.e. 125 times a second. Which means that there's a lag of 1/125th of a second or 8ms between the mouse and the system.
Some mice like Logitech's G5 and Razer's Copperhead (and possibly a few more which I'm not aware of) sport higher polling rates of 500Hz or more. 500Hz would mean a 2ms lag - an obvious advantage in gaming.

^in a nutshell : how often the PC asks the USB device for data (with regard to position in case of a mouse). higher values lead to more frequent updates which result in smoother movement and higher precision.

edit : didnt see tracer's explanation which is better :)

Back