Gorilla fan vs Superfan vs BEE 5 Star fans

bldc would use less amount like 28W whereas the fridge would be around 80W or such compared to normal fan of 75W and normal fridge of 100W. So i think changing fan will save more energy than changing fridge since fan is always on 24/7 whereas fridge takes some rest every now and then for few hours.

The biggest difference with BLDC fans compared to conventional fans is when when you are not running the fan at full speed. Conventional fans with the old style regulators have a resistor coil with multiple taps for various speeds. At highest speed, it will be a direct connection and lower speeds apply a resistance which wastes power. With these kind of regulators, its more power efficient to run at the highest speed than at lower speeds. The new condenser based ones, avoid this problem, but still the fan consumes a fair amount of power even at lower speeds. The BLDC fans like Gorilla consume 7W at lowest speed.

As for fridge, yes, that too makes a difference. If you have a 10-15 year old fridge, it makes sense to replace it. There was a fair amount of reduction in power usage after moving from a old fridge to a BEE 5 star rated LG Fridge that I am using now and this is despite the fact that the new bridge is nearly the double the capacity of the old one at 290 Lt compared to 165 Lt.

Most of the electrical appliances in my house like Fans, Fridge, Geysers are all BEE 5 star rated. Same for my Inverter AC's.

if possible, can someone test the fan running on a 12V 12AH (or a similar rated) battery & provide the result please ...

if possible, can someone test the fan running on a 12V 12AH (or a similar rated) battery & provide the result please ...
This fan doesn't work on DC and I believe internally it converts 230v AC voltage to 24v DC and again converts it back to AC with variable frequency.

came across similar type of fans through a local leading newspaper
Sudharshan fans with MER technology
MER Stands for Magno electronic rotor known as MER. With the use of self generation power the replacement is sent by help of smart Electronics which is in charge of detecting the magnet rotor position as for stator and controls the motor driving switches. Winding attractive field respond with field of permanent magnets on the rotor to build up the required torque.
it is a startup company. not sure about quality ...

MER Stands for Magno electronic rotor known as MER. With the use of self generation power the replacement is sent by help of smart Electronics which is in charge of detecting the magnet rotor position as for stator and controls the motor driving switches. Winding attractive field respond with field of permanent magnets on the rotor to build up the required torque.
What they've written does not make sense :confused:

I think they mean fan uses electronics/hal effect sensor to determine position of the rotor...thats the basics of how a brushless DC motor works.

What they've written does not make sense :confused:

hehe I think they just ran some chinese text into google translate and printed them :p

MSEDCL and TataPower rates go up
look at MSEDCL rates. That's my power company.

They are one of worst. On base unit charges, there is FAC (Fuel Adjustment Cost), Wheeling Charges (₹1.3/unit) and Electricity Duty (16% for residential).
Factoring all above, final prices comes to
0-100 units: ₹5.29
101-300 units: ₹9.82
301-500 units: ₹13.46
501-1000 units: ₹14.4
1001+ units: ₹15.6

Update: My 5 month old 1400mm gorilla fan started to make a " tick tick " noise, which could be heard in speed 1, air speed noise drowns it out in other speeds. To fix this, the company changed the bottom bearing. The bearing they use is size 6202 made by nisiki. As said earlier these new start ups should use better bearings which cost more. Reputed brands like orient, crompton, usha etc also have better balancing.

Back