Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

I saw DOLO 650 in the list somewhere. I believe that is for managing fever. Is it to be taken daily? And if yes then how many times in a day.
Dolo 650 is nothing but paracetamol 650 mg, I have been taking it daily for 3 time for last 3 days...

It is like universally God send medicine used for any pain, in period paid, headache, it doesn't actually treat pain or fever, just make us strong so our body can fight virus

@JMak

Need of the hour is people should understand and be more responsible.
Sorry but you are expecting too much sanity. A wider( read as major) section of our society is NEVER groomed to be socially responsible. Primarily due to humongous population, illiteracy, job insecurity and the vast income divide.

For now people should decide if going out and work is more important than their health life and family,
Unfortunately this is a bitter truth. For a huge chunk of population, going out and work amidst this risky situation is a compulsion driven by need to support family's daily needs; far more important than their health. And this is same society where on one side RIL has become debt free, Mr. A has entered world 's top 10 richest and 2nd Mr A getting $8bn solar contract, on the other hand people are looking at one of the biggest crisis of their life.

Lets not discuss politics and politicians, nothing comes out of that
I have a different opinion. We should never leave politics out of anything. Because in our country it drives virtually everything. Rather than not discussing, a better way will be to analyze who is doing what in adverse situations, keep a note of that and share that with family, friends and our children.

It is important to realize that we are just made scapegoats by EVERY ONE of them.
But do people learn ?? No. Even today lot of them fail to understand they continue to be made fools by old-famous divide-and-rule tactics, diversion and sweet talks ... along with the deadly mix of present authoritarian style which has made things worse.

@reddragon
Lets not discuss politics and politicians, nothing comes out of that
What could be done, well we all can speculate.

Initial lockdown seemed logical, grab it young and stop the spread of the virus.

But problem is the attitude of our public, which just wouldn't stay home despite a total lockdown, believe me even now i get calls from people wanting to k ow what precautions should we take and I am talking about typical literate so called intellectuals., everything becomes a fun over here...

Shutting isn't an option atleast here in Delhi, there should be systematic and smart lockdown based on authentic data coz you can't manage the scenario at this stage by just locking things.

In a country like India with such huge number of people, lockdowns wouldn't yield results, this is far complex than anything.

The figures in Delhi are many times more than they are on paper as far too many people remain at home, recover and go back to work, without observing the mandatory quarantine. . At this stage this will play out

To tackle things better in the future( not talking about covid here} the Need of the hour is people should understand and be more responsible.. I am of the opinion that if literacy percentage in India could improve that too. Eyond 12th grade then only we can expect sea changes coz this much population. Can neutralize anything in a jiffy if they are not literate enough.

I wish I had some strategy, on how without locking everything, things. could be managed but the more I think the more complex it gets in my mind

For now people should decide if going out and work is more important than their health life and family, if you can sustain then either stay home or strategize with employer and work in a graded fashion.

Don't go for needless shopping, malls, parks,
Don't go to people's homes, buy stuff online, take full precautions..
Buddy, I probably know a little bit of epidemiology and epidemic.
If frequent hand washing, social distancing and mask could stop the spread effectively, we would not have a global pandemic. Please try to accept a reality first, no matter how careful people are, there will be new infections everyday with full blown community transmission (one of my family members got infected while wearing the ABSOLUTELY best PPE available all the time and the person is a trained epidemiologist with experience of Ebola)
Like it or not, now it will just be damage control for India right now. And for that, political parties play a huge role.
1. Forcing private hospitals to take patients and treat them at a reasonable cost
2. Ensuring 100 percent utilization of bed in government hospitals
3.Must have few separate hospitals for other patients, who wont let Corona patients in ( Reverse of Corona Hospital)
4.Another huge problem will come up by August ( too morbid to discuss)
Nothing came out of lockdown simply because the 56incher thought the virus will simply go away in 2-3 months and practically nothing was done for majority of the 2 months window.
When community transmission starts, preventive measures like wearing masks, social distancing etc. become less effective ( Written clearly in all epidemiology textbooks including Park`s. If the government values lives of common people, now it`s the time for the harshest lockdown. If overnight all the people in India become 100 percent compliant, people will still get infected. Wearing a gamcha may put you in Modi`s good book, but the virus is loving that too..
If it`s not implemented, India will remember this tragedy for centuries.

Last edited:
If Modi doesn't go into another lockdown very soon...only the almighty knows what will happen, but calculation results are very very grim.
Hope now, even the blind Modi followers can see how more than 2 months were wasted ( it's impossible to improve medical infrastructures in 2 months but India could have very well contained the initial case load and instead of spreading propaganda about ventilators etc. should have treated every suspect as positives due to poor testing capabilities)
I've always been vocal against lockdown to prevent infectious diseases ( it's the most primitive and ineffective primary/ secondary disease prevention method) but now India needs damage control measures. And lockdown is the only option.
@red dragon I have a request - presenting the truth and showing the mirror to Modi Bhakt's and followers caused me to have lengthier conversation/posts on one of the other topic and being blamed as left-wing loonies - I will also request you the same to avoid using the Modi's name to avoid the repeat of that incidence and keeping forum clean

We do understand that your intentions of suggesting lockdown are good and in benefit for the sake of larger audience - but pointing out the mistake of the authoritative person causes people to think/imagine not so good things about us

Sadly our country has lost the way to handle criticism.

@red dragon I have a request - presenting the truth and showing the mirror to Modi Bhakt's and followers caused me to have lengthier conversation/posts on one of the other topic and being blamed as left-wing loonies - I will also request you the same to avoid using the Modi's name to avoid the repeat of that incidence and keeping forum clean

We do understand that your intentions of suggesting lockdown are good and in benefit for the sake of larger audience - but pointing out the mistake of the authoritative person causes people to think/imagine not so good things about us

Sadly our country has lost the way to handle criticism.
Right mate.Very true. Aery good suggestion, however I dont take his majesty`s name intentionally. It is spontaneous. Will be more careful.

I'm sorry,if my words sounded harsh and making Mods uncomfortable. But the reality is really terrifying. I earn my bread doing this ( epidemic prevention and management, be it epidemic of opiate/ meth addiction or a viral one)
Now is the time to break the chain where you can't trace source anymore, harm reduction is the only way forward. The health system is still working, when it breaks ( it will in next 6 weeks) nothing can be done except watching the virus dance from one host to another, killing all the vulnerables ( this is precisely what happened in Spain which I witnessed myself, however they imposed a very strict damage control lockdown

Threads disappearing on TE. The mods here clearly have bias :D
Can you elaborate? Which specific thread are you referring to? As far as I can see, other than obvious spam, none of the threads have been deleted from general talk section. Threads might have been merged probably.

Buddy, I probably know a little bit of epidemiology and epidemic.
If frequent hand washing, social distancing and mask could stop the spread effectively, we would not have a global pandemic. Please try to accept a reality first, no matter how careful people are, there will be new infections everyday with full blown community transmission (one of my family members got infected while wearing the ABSOLUTELY best PPE available all the time and the person is a trained epidemiologist with experience of Ebola)
Like it or not, now it will just be damage control for India right now. And for that, political parties play a huge role.
1. Forcing private hospitals to take patients and treat them at a reasonable cost
2. Ensuring 100 percent utilization of bed in government hospitals
3.Must have few separate hospitals for other patients, who wont let Corona patients in ( Reverse of Corona Hospital)
4.Another huge problem will come up by August ( too morbid to discuss)
Nothing came out of lockdown simply because the 56incher thought the virus will simply go away in 2-3 months and practically nothing was done for majority of the 2 months window.
When community transmission starts, preventive measures like wearing masks, social distancing etc. become less effective ( Written clearly in all epidemiology textbooks including Park`s. If the government values lives of common people, now it`s the time for the harshest lockdown. If overnight all the people in India become 100 percent compliant, people will still get infected. Wearing a gamcha may put you in Modi`s good book, but the virus is loving that too..
If it`s not implemented, India will remember this tragedy for centuries.

Dude, I have to break it to you gently - India has no welfare schemes like other countries. If the govt does more lockdown, how will people like me even get work? I can't even get into local train because it is only for essential services people. Like I said somewhere else in some other thread, people wanting extended lockdown have nothing to lose because they have tons of money in their accounts. Only the rich people are asking for lockdown. People without money don't have alternative here. It's either die by virus or due to poverty. Bills aren't going to get paid sitting at home for majority of people.

Can you elaborate? Which specific thread are you referring to? As far as I can see, other than obvious spam, none of the threads have been deleted from general talk section. Threads might have been merged probably.

Why is this locked?

Back