Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

It seems the BMC is asking most people in Mumbai with mild symptoms to self quarantine. A couple of acquaintances have tested positive and have been told to self quarantine if symptoms aren't too bad.

I guess the severity of the disease varies depending wildly. A couple of my friend's parents have passed away due to covid after paying 7-10 lacs bills in pvt hospitals. They were both late 50s and were on the ventilator. So it's definitely not something we can take lightly even though some people have barely any symptoms.

I'm actually amazed at the cleanliness and overall quality of that hospital in Ahmedabad! Here in Mumbai, the government hospitals are not even close. My dad's on dialysis and since the pvt hospitals shut down due to covid positive cases, we had to go to a government hospital and it was an absolute nightmare for the three weeks that we had to go there. Thankfully pvt hospitals have opened up now but they all seem to have increased their rates for all treatments and tests by 25-30 percent at the minimum.

Had a talk with BMC doctor and as you said, they are suggesting self quarantine if mild symptoms. I asked them when to get corona test again and they told it is not needed once symptoms don't exist but we may get it done after 15 days or so.
They also told us to fill one form called "self isolation". Also asked for what all medicines that our current doctor suggested and she will get back to me with details if need to be changed something or anything like that.
Also over phone, they asked entire family details, what kind of house we have and such.

Thankfully he has very minor symptoms and will recover soon. But please get another test after 2 weeks.
My O2 sat is always 95-96 ( must be the heavy smoking)

Thankfully he has very minor symptoms and will recover soon. But please get another test after 2 weeks.
My O2 sat is always 95-96 ( must be the heavy smoking)

Yes even when BMC says no re test needed we will get it done. We are following strict quarantine guidelines for him.
Also yesterday he completed 26 hours without having crocin. Still we told him to eat one at 12 in night (once 26 hours were Complete) as we think we cannot just stop crocin if fever is not there.

Not sure if we want to give any more crocin if fever doesn't return.

Yes even when BMC says no re test needed we will get it done. We are following strict quarantine guidelines for him.
Also yesterday he completed 26 hours without having crocin. Still we told him to eat one at 12 in night (once 26 hours were Complete) as we think we cannot just stop crocin if fever is not there.

Not sure if we want to give any more crocin if fever doesn't return.
We were given paracetamol only on when fever come not daily basis

I was down with a case of scratchy throat yesterday (I'm susceptible to Pharyngitis issues during season change). Today throat is better but not fully yet. I contacted my MD and he said continue gargling with Betadin and also salt and warm water. If it increases then to take my usual Pharyngitis anti-biotics. I don't have any fatigue, fever or chest pain.

In these these times even a small throat infection makes one nervous. Important to not panic. Not everything is Corona.

@manucitc out of curiosity how much in terms of finance have you spent in your treatment? Does the govt assist in any financial way? Hope you get well soon.

@manucitc out of curiosity how much in terms of finance have you spent in your treatment? Does the govt assist in any financial way? Hope you get well soon.
I got discharged yesterday with zero Rs bill.

They told me that I have to quarantine my self for 10 days, though I have second story to my self at home but I didn't wanted to take risk so got check in government approved hotel for 10 days..

They give me just Vitamin D capsule for every week dose.. Xray was negetive for pneumonia while discharging.

I got discharged yesterday with zero Rs bill.

They told me that I have to quarantine my self for 10 days, though I have second story to my self at home but I didn't wanted to take risk so got check in government approved hotel for 10 days..

They give me just Vitamin D capsule for every week dose.. Xray was negetive for pneumonia while discharging.

Thanks for sharing info and glad to hear you're doing well. I just joined the forum and was curious about a few things, if you don't mind sharing:

Did they check your Vit D levels or are they asking people to take regardless?
Also, do they check for blood markers like D-dimer, ferritin, IL-6, CRP? How frequently, if they do?
Are they giving MPS and LMWH to everybody or based on some criterion like low O2 sat/CRP?
Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing info and glad to hear you're doing well. I just joined the forum and was curious about a few things, if you don't mind sharing:

Did they check your Vit D levels or are they asking people to take regardless?
Also, do they check for blood markers like D-dimer, ferritin, IL-6, CRP? How frequently, if they do?
Are they giving MPS and LMWH to everybody or based on some criterion like low O2 sat/CRP?
Thanks again.

I did vitamin B12 and D test few days back before getting admitting.

They didn't give me any MPS or LMWH injection.

Back