Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

I'm on 9th floor same SVP hospital. Covid positive. Will share my story later. Same as Manucitc symptoms.

@manucitc have pmed you my number.
Take care mate.
We still do not have community transmission in India? It is just 3rd week of un-lockdown. Was literally praying for my calculations to go wrong for India.... Some doctors like Naresh Trehan etc. should be punished severely, violence is never a solution for anything, but these assholes should be thrashed in public. Where are these cowards hiding now? Must be still licking Modi`s boots.

This is the time for India to go into a lockdown, I know for a fact, Delhi`s health system is about to collapse.
Strongly Agree. At least for Delhi. It's a total shit show out there.

There were claims of 50k beds which turned out to be a total lie. Delhi have half of that as active cases, yet people are not able to secure beds in hospital.
And the morals of assholes running pvt hospitals ... have so much rant against them that ... I seriously wish they get stripped and beaten in and by public . They are worse than demons . Openly running a black market for beds . How can these MotherF**rs and their families eat and sleep.
And the health minister who had to be shifted to pvt hospital. What happened to all those claims of reforming education/medical ??
And the rubber stamp and his order and the roll back
... Bloody WTF is going on!!!!!

[sorry for the rant, really upset by stories of helplessness that people are facing ]

@red dragon these are the medi they are giving.
They have started injection 2 days ago. My previous chest x-ray was good 2 days ago. But Sr doc saying injection would eliminate any frost in lungs and won't come back once we discharge.

I don't feel any heaviness anymore when I deep breathe in and out. I'm on 9th day today here at SVP. They are discharging me on coming Tuesday.

IMG_20200621_1430001~2.jpg

That aayudh syrup is some aryuvedic syrup. I opted in initially but after 2 days stopped taking it coz it made my stomach upset.

That facility looks clean, cant say the same for all places. 5lakh for admission, what exactly are the private hospitals going to do that is different. At best put they put someone in ventilator and most get by with just o2 supply.

Get well soon guys.

A noob question, what does SOS, TDS, BD, OD mean under the frequency coloum.

Did you guys get any side effects after taking those medicens and did you see any improvements after taking them.

I know its pretty moot now but do you have an idea who might have spread it, like do you guys work from home, did you travel, did you visit some crowded shop for grocery etc.

Last edited:
What i
@red dragon these are the medi they are giving.
They have started injection 2 days ago. My previous chest x-ray was good 2 days ago. But Sr doc saying injection would eliminate any frost in lungs and won't come back once we discharge.

I don't feel any heaviness anymore when I deep breathe in and out. I'm on 9th day today here at SVP. They are discharging me on coming Tuesday.

View attachment 86418

That aayudh syrup is some aryuvedic syrup. I opted in initially but after 2 days stopped taking it coz it made my stomach upset.
What is Zifi CV? Must be amoxi clav. You have completed Azithromycin. I personally didn't use so many antibiotics ( prohibited in Europe), but it's pretty standard treatment for India.
Don't worry, you're doing great.

That facility looks clean, cant say the same for all places. 5lakh for admission, what exactly are the private hospitals going to do that is different. At best put they put someone in ventilator and most get by with just o2 supply.

Get well soon guys.

A noob question, what does SOS, TDS, BD, OD mean under the frequency coloum.

Did you guys get any side effects after taking those medicens and did you see any improvements after taking them.
SOS - as and when required
TDS- 3 times a day
BD/OD- twice/once a day
The private hospitals wouldn't do anything more except CT thorax ( just to inflate the bills)
Sorry, forgot the Latin phrases.

Last edited:

I know its pretty moot now but do you have an idea who might have spread it, like do you guys work from home, did you travel, did you visit some crowded shop for grocery etc.

After admitting and started medicine I felt better on 3rd day. From there on keep getting improved.
No idea about side effect but these much antibiotic would do some harm for sure in long term. I don't have much idea on this maybe reddragon shed some light on it.

That's the cruelest thing of this virus. U don't know when you catch it. I work from home only I have visited lawyers office couple of times for personal work and general grocery shopping not much crowded though.

After admitting and started medicine I felt better on 3rd day. From there on keep getting improved.
No idea about side effect but these much antibiotic would do some harm for sure in long term. I don't have much idea on this maybe reddragon shed some light on it.

That's the cruelest thing of this virus. U don't know when you catch it. I work from home only I have visited lawyers office couple of times for personal work and general grocery shopping not much crowded though.
I was working whole time every day as I belong in pharmaceutical manufacturing company and we were following quite strict guidelines but it's hard to trace where I get it.

What's more surprising is that none of my family member has any symptoms.

I am also doing great after 2 days, didn't except this kind of service here.

I was screaming hoarse that social spread has started long back.
No one knows for sure about the incubation period, it can definitely be close to 4 weeks in a significant number of infected people.
Young, healthy people will easily survive it, but it's the older contacts, diabetics and obese people who will seriously suffer.
This strange tightness around chest is possibly the only typical symptom of the infection.
Trust me, not kidding...I have seen major, devastating epidemics. But this thing beats them all. This virus loves high population densities.
India has the most ideal conditions for it to spread.
If Modi doesn't go into another lockdown very soon...only the almighty knows what will happen, but calculation results are very very grim.
Hope now, even the blind Modi followers can see how more than 2 months were wasted ( it's impossible to improve medical infrastructures in 2 months but India could have very well contained the initial case load and instead of spreading propaganda about ventilators etc. should have treated every suspect as positives due to poor testing capabilities)
I've always been vocal against lockdown to prevent infectious diseases ( it's the most primitive and ineffective primary/ secondary disease prevention method) but now India needs damage control measures. And lockdown is the only option.
However Indians are now busy burning Chinese goods...all deshbhakts are busy expressing their gratitude to army... completely forgetting their parents are in great danger...
Now for the first time, I will sincerely request my friends here to stay at home. This is the time for true lockdown...let the economy go to hell ( it's already there) stay at home, save your life, save your family.

I saw DOLO 650 in the list somewhere. I believe that is for managing fever. Is it to be taken daily? And if yes then how many times in a day.

@reddragon
Lets not discuss politics and politicians, nothing comes out of that
What could be done, well we all can speculate.

Initial lockdown seemed logical, grab it young and stop the spread of the virus.

But problem is the attitude of our public, which just wouldn't stay home despite a total lockdown, believe me even now i get calls from people wanting to k ow what precautions should we take and I am talking about typical literate so called intellectuals., everything becomes a fun over here...

Yes Delhi is the biggest example how to mess everything out of nothing just for shitty gains.. So unfortunate really.. As a delhite i feel so so so bad, and disheartened seeing the way everything is being managed but more than that people haven't learned crap, they still wouldn't observe distancing, no bloody mask, nothing at all.

Shutting isn't an option atleast here in Delhi, there should be systematic and smart lockdown based on authentic data coz you can't manage the scenario at this stage by just locking things.

In a country like India with such huge number of people, lockdowns wouldn't yield results, this is far complex than anything.

The figures in Delhi are many times more than they are on paper as far too many people remain at home, recover and go back to work, without observing the mandatory quarantine. . At this stage this will play out

To tackle things better in the future( not talking about covid here} the Need of the hour is people should understand and be more responsible.. I am of the opinion that if literacy percentage in India could improve that too. Eyond 12th grade then only we can expect sea changes coz this much population. Can neutralize anything in a jiffy if they are not literate enough.

I wish I had some strategy, on how without locking everything, things. could be managed but the more I think the more complex it gets in my mind

For now people should decide if going out and work is more important than their health life and family, if you can sustain then either stay home or strategize with employer and work in a graded fashion.

Don't go for needless shopping, malls, parks,
Don't go to people's homes, buy stuff online, take full precautions..

Back