Got my Opteron 144 Socket 939 CPU .... phew!!

deejay

Skilled
As per the ETA i received my opty 144 chip last friday. Along with the TT Big Typhoon Heatsink.

It is CABYE 0536 stepping. (I haven't a clue about its o/cability, posting here because there are many members here who keep track of these things and some even make purchase decisions based on it.)

unfortunately currently i do not have any o/clockable socket 939 m/b to test it on, hence it is lying unopened and idle....:no: :(

So the following parts have been procured for my proposed new rig ...
1) Antec TP2 550W psu
2) GEIL ONE 300mhz (600 ddr) TCCD rams
3) Opteron 144 cpu
4)TT Big Typhoon h/s.
5) Case ...?? i think i will use my existing Rs.800 case.
6)M/b ( DFI Expert Series) and Gfx card (x1900series R580 Gpu) to be procured (atleast i hope or wish)..... subject to avialibility (GFX Card) and my financial condition at the end of jan. 2006.

Good God....man dats a leathal rig there..... Congrats Deejay!! Opty batch looks good (2800MHz+ on air) but hands on ocing is better to know. Keep us posted abt your oc!

Awesome dude!!! Awesome!!!

Hope you are able to get some fantastic oc'ing results with that chip.

And yeah... that is one helluva rig you are building there.

And since you are getting most of the parts from the US, the rig wont cost you all that much.

Looks like a killer rig to me.

With the TT Big Typhoon looks like this Opty is gonna oc gr8.

CABYE is a gr8 stepping as i had already told u.

Yeah only Deejay knows what happened. In any case congrats Deejay, get all the stuff other then gfx card and atleast test its ocing potential. Btw whats with you and GEIL ;)

please dont make fun of my proposed "Entry" level (and probably obsolete rig six months down the line) ......

The cpu, i had purchased 2~3 months back (When it had initially made waves worldwide) from an online retailer based in las vegas. as long as i can remember it had cost about $175 incl.shipping in the US.
But recently i had to pay about $14 for "express" shipping it to new york (from the place where i had it shipped previously) from where it eventually reached our shores.
so the total cost is around $190.
it is a retail boxed product but as is usual i preferred to leave the box and the h/s there and got just the cpu and the warranty card.(easier to carry and ship)

i did not try the chip on quad's rig (inspite of him being kind enough to permit me.) bcuz 1) i did not want to temper with his rig unnecessarily 2) it is too tiring to fit TT big typhoonh/s et al just to test whether the chip is working etc ......i am in no hurry , when i get a good deal on the DFI expert m/b i will try it out.

congratulations deejay, so first in TE to get the opty ;) cool rig, hope you get good deals on m/b & gpu, build it asap - waiting for some benchies.

There goes The Mad Scientist... building a rig to blast away his older records to smithereens!! :eek:hyeah:
He He He...:cool2:
Congratulations Sir Deejay:clap: !! Quady had mentioned the fact that you might be getting your 144 soon and he seemed more excited as according to him it has the right stepping to Oc wonderfully!!
Drat!! double Drat!! Thank GOD, my keyboad is spillproof!! I am Drooling on it!!:rofl: :rofl:
Compliments of the season to you and your family!!:)

Well just out of curiosity Deejay, is the A64 HSF the same as the Opty HSF ?

And what I believe is that your 144 is a castrated FX-57, :D

Back