Got my Opteron 144 Socket 939 CPU .... phew!!

congrats deejay!!! first in TE to get a opty 144

p.s my friend was on the look out for the same about a month back. think he never got it

Anish said:
Well just out of curiosity Deejay, is the A64 HSF the same as the Opty HSF ?

And what I believe is that your 144 is a castrated FX-57, :D

I dunno about that as mentioned before i have not received the h/s. but i guess it should be the same as A64 since they are both socket 939.

well the opty he got is OEM afaik so it would not have come with any hsf.

About overclocking capablity. 0536 are ok. its those 0540 weeks are killer overclockers. still much better overclocker than venice.

funkymonkey said:
well the opty he got is OEM afaik so it would not have come with any hsf.
About overclocking capablity. 0536 are ok. its those 0540 weeks are killer overclockers. still much better overclocker than venice.

I dunno whether it came with a heatsink but as per the email received by me there is definitely talk about a box
packing. anyways i will confirm 100% whether there is any h/s in the box.
The warranty certificate does mention 3 years warranty though.

anyways, how many enthusiast you know who buy these series chip and use the stock h/s ??:eek:hyeah:

Lol, yes that is true :D BTW, Deejay could you please post a big of the Big Typhoon too ?

@ Funky - Yeah, the CAYBE 0540 is insane ! Does 3G on air, and beats an FX-57 at those speeds :O

That is a very good stepping (CABYE + early batch). It's almost guaranteed to do 3 GHz on air as long as you get a decent MoBo. good luck!! :cool2:

Guys, i need to know whther there are other steppings available in opty 144 apart from the ones listed here...

So far i've come across CABYE,CAB2E, CACJE, CABNE...Of these i guess the CABNE(053x) is the best ocer of them all..

The Early CABNE and CABYE steppings overclock like hell (3 GHz+ on air) (pre week 40). CAB2Es are mediocre and do around 2.7 - 2.85 GHz stable on air. I'm not so sure about CACJEs, but IIRC, they clock slightly worse than CAB2Es. Of late, the recent CABYE steppings are the ones to go for. Any CABYE *should* do atleast 2.85 - 2.9 GHz on air prime stable.

Just beware of the CABNE 0540 BPMW for opteron 144s. The are a pile of junk and barely do over 2.6 GHz. One of the members at cpcff.co.uk cant even get his stable at 2.6 GHz with Phase Change Colling :p

Avoid CABGE steppings as well. They dont clock much better than o540 BPMWs

Yup KITT is pretty much right... Here is how they are rated on the net...

CABNE does 3+ GHz within 1.5

CABYE averages ard 2.9

CAB2E averages ard 2.7-2.9(According to DFI Street they are a hit or a miss)

CABGE around 2.7

ranked in that order

Im just a little dissapointed with my CAB2E :( I was really hoping for 2.8 GHz prime stable, but even at 1.55 v, It wont click. It tops out at 2.75 GHz with 1.5 v, but I keep it at 2.7 GHz at 1.44 v, as I dont see any difference other than higher temps. Still, Performance is pretty decent for the price :D

However, I can certainly guarantee that DeeJays opty will do atleast 3 GHz prime stable on air, if not better :cool2:

Of the lots tht are available here in india, i guess the CABNE(053x..) is pretty much hard to find these days.. all the old stocks have emptied out..

I mostly found CAB2Es here and the ones switch got are also CAB2Es..

So guys, if you've found any other stepping model here in india preferably CABYE or CABNE (053x), then pls inform us all...

O/T,

deejay - i managed 1T on foxconn with hynix, memtest stable, all stock.

2124 mhz, ht*4, htt*236, 3,3,3,8 @ 1T (1:1). my read b/w is 5926 mb/s.

only thing, my pi score has no real effect. what do you think is better the above o/c or the one in my signature ?

Back