Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bought a PS3 (some noob queries)

^Do keep in mind that you will lose out on the six axes motion sensing on 3rd party controllers.

sukant said:
@Ethan Hunt
I was referring officialy only , any sub for the PS3 controller as in giving as good as performance and vibration feedback as PS3 controller . I was looking for thrustmaster one
If this is the controller you're talking about, then I would stick to the default controller. It's oddly shaped to be honest. Also, like Gannu mentioned, you'll lose out on the motion sensing functionality.

Yup I was referring to the same controller , hmm looks like i will have to buy it from ebay its out of stock at Flipkart and i dont trust letsbuy much.

How good is intecity.in to buy preowned games whats around the delivery time frame if any of you guys have bought items from there.

Bought a PS3 few queries need to be addressed.

Hi guys today purchased my Move bundle PS3 320gb loaded with firmware 3.60 now here are few queries.

1.Do i need to upgrade my firmware to 3.73/4 to play all latest titles .
2.While in play mode PS3 makes pop sounds and there is small disturbance kinda on screen for milliseconds but this happens during loading did not happen while playing or watching movie . Any reasons ??
3.I decided to go for another Sony Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller , wise decision ?? or should i change it
In between played uncharted 2 for 20 minutes awesome game must say what a beginning itself itching to play further :). Waiting for topspin 4 to arrive and God Of War 3 :).

Re: Bought a PS3 few queries need to be addressed.

1. You need not upgrade the it to 3.73/4 at the moment.. Upgarde only when you need to..

2. If you are using a HDMI.. use a good one.. Even my system flickers when using a local cable and then i have to change the resolution from 1080Pp to 1080i..

3. Depends on the types of games you play..

Re: Bought a PS3 few queries need to be addressed.

2. If you are using a HDMI.. use a good one.. Even my system flickers when using a local cable.

Same here! In my case I changed it to a different port and it worked fine, @op - could be the HDMI port on your TV, otherwise definitely a cable issue.

sukant said:
3.I decided to go for another Sony Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller , wise decision ??

DS3 is always good but if you aren't playing two-player games regularly or the games that doesn't need the gyro say FIFA or WWE. Buy the PS2 wired controller and the PS2-PS3 convertor from ebay ..will cost a Max of 600bucks.

Re: Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

@Mods:

Nice work to move all queries to one thread , even i was hesitant to post a thread in beginning but that thread was of particular person so thought better not to keep going OT over there but now it has been renamed to the perfect title now no need of another thread by any person i guess.

Hmm yeah probably it has got to do something with the cable then because even with my HDMI tv out of my Cellphone it used to flicker a lot i though it was a loose connection but doesnt look like one now. Which cable do you recommend the Red Gear one on Flipkart or shall i buy one locally for 350 bucks.(price diff of only 150 bucks)

And yeah i will be playing many titles so i think i wont be playing two player always . So shall i go ahead with buying the controller from letsbuy .

Like I said earlier get a PS2 controller with convertor and use the remaining amount on a Gaming Wheel or some other accessory. It's just a suggestion anyway.

Send from SGS-II using Tapatalk

Dont do racing much so gaming wheel not an option , but there is a good point for not buying a 2nd Joystick just for multiplayer purpose , will stick to a lower budget controller let me dig around for options now :) and compare with PS2 controller.

Hey Guyz Another query here

I need a Headset for my Ps3 as i mostly play at night, so people around me dont get to sleep :p

I wanted to know if i can use any normal usb headet with it? or have to buy a ps3 xclusive headset?

Also my budget is low, 1-2k only, I dont need high 7.1 sound or something, just some decent volume and bass.

Wireless preferred but wired will do good too.

funjabi said:
Hey Guyz Another query here

I need a Headset for my Ps3 as i mostly play at night, so people around me dont get to sleep :p

I wanted to know if i can use any normal usb headet with it? or have to buy a ps3 xclusive headset?

Also my budget is low, 1-2k only, I dont need high 7.1 sound or something, just some decent volume and bass.

Wireless preferred but wired will do good too.

I need to get a Headset too. But as far as I know PS3 Exclusive wireless Headset ($99) is the only accessory to support Wireless Stereo. So nothing cheaper than that. Wired adjustable Audio Headsets are the best bet.

Thanx

So if anyone can suggest good comfortable headsets with good bass n sound for within the 2k mark?

I just need game sound, i dont need a mic as i dont play multiplayer.

I prefer to buy online so links can help :)

Plus, my Monitor has a 3.5mm output jack and the HDMI transmits the audio from Ps3 to the monitor, so i can use any 3.5mm headsets right?

Im really a noob at audio connections.

Yes you can use the any headphone with a 3.5 mm jack to your TV o/p jack to get sound from PS3.

So now i need suggestions for Good Headphones within 2.5k...Online Links can help.

@Funjabi: Look out for low impedance headphones as i doubt the 3.5 mm out of the tv will be able to drive high impedance headphones , check for a suitable one from your budget in the audio technica series.

Even i had a query WRT to ps3 firmware , i wanted to update to 3.72 i have already downloaded the same , are the firmwares region specific or so ?? .

sukant said:
are the firmwares region specific or so ?? .

No.

Besides, there is no point in updating the firmware unless the game demands it or trophy sync isn't possible. Sometimes some firmwares end up being buggy that Sony releases an update few days later. It is better to wait for the reviews before jumping the gun.

Actually yes currently my system has 3.60 firmware and i cannot play god of war on it , so decided to update to 3.72 is it buggy ?? and the update file is PS3UPDATE.PUP i.e pup extension file right

Which God of War are you referring to? Origins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back