Govt considering to Ban RO Water Purifiers?

They should campaign and educate the public. I use RO but from day one I always used the waste water to either mop the floor or wash dishes or even to dilute hot water for bath. As long as water is cheap people will waste it. In some areas or apartment blocks which rely on water tanker, the wastage is lesser since in summer the prices of water tanker is very high.

I think people should also start using aerated nozzles with 3lpm, to stop wastage.

Israel had water shortage problem, part of the reason they took control of golan heights. They made it a national priority to stop wasting water, with bombardment of ads on tvs and newspaper. Now they have excess water because they are using sea water, with industrial level RO despite the excess water they have cultivated a habbit of not wasting water because of the previous water saving campaigns.

Also might be because of lobbying by the big players like Kent, Aquaguard to shutdown the small units. The RO water sector still seems like a very unorganized one.
Post automatically merged:

They should campaign and educate the public. I use RO but from day one I always used the waste water to either mop the floor or wash dishes or even to dilute hot water for bath. As long as water is cheap people will waste it. In some areas or apartment blocks which rely on water tanker, the wastage is lesser since in summer the prices of water tanker is very high.
Exactly what I was doing in summer. The water shortage was so severe that we started using even the airconditoner outlet water for washing and cleaning, but once we have enough water after monsoon we forget the past and waste the water until next time when the water shortage arises.

Last edited:

I think people should also start using aerated nozzles with 3lpm, to stop wastage.

Israel had water shortage problem, part of the reason they took control of golan heights. They made it a national priority to stop wasting water, with bombardment of ads on tvs and newspaper. Now they have excess water because they are using sea water, with industrial level RO despite the excess water they have cultivated a habbit of not wasting water because of the previous water saving campaigns.
Damn Isreal! Good at everything!

Damn Isreal! Good at everything!
Well what do you expect from the Jews?

They epitomize the Darwinian notion of survival of the fittest. The dumb/weak ones were killed in the intermittent pogroms in Europe for 2000 years and then the Nazis killed off the rest. Only the best are left I guess.

Back