Govt may shut down Air India, MTNL, HMT & few sick units

mrmash

Disciple
Five public sector undertakings (PSUs) will be closed down by the government, which has included some of the best known state-run enterprises like Air India, MTNL and Hindustan Shipyard, in the list of 65 sick PSUs, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.

The five state-run organisations to be closed down include three HMT units whose brand of watches and tractors once ruled the market, Heavy Industries Minister Anant Geete said during Question Hour, adding that their employees were being offered a "very good" VRS package.

However, he did not name the other PSUs which are slated to be closed down.

Read full article here

Air India has been allocated Rs 2,500 crore as equity infusion during the year.

Saddled with a massive Rs 40,000 crore debt and combined losses of Rs 36,000 crore till last fiscal, the airline is surviving on a government bailout package, announced earlier.

As part of a turnaround and financial restructuring plan approved by the government in 2012, Air India will get equity infusion of Rs 30,000 crore till 2021.

http://zeenews.india.com/business/b...mes-costlier-ai-to-get-rs-2500-cr_119924.html

If they chuck half the top management of AI , that airline is bound to survive, why dont they even think of privatising, with the govt holding majority share?
AI is bad, just cos the seniors never tend to move on. Its the national carrier of the country, still it cant even make profits, is a total lie.
Look at how they charge in the Middle East sector compared to one might pay a trip to the west.. AI says its in loss!!
Oh come, someone or too many are swindling really!

i was a subscriber of a privet internet provider " Asianet " and when i moved a few kilometers away from town (6km to be precise ) the refuced to offer service since they dont have a many subscribers to provide internet facility there and i tried many 3g kind of things but none were effective finally i took BSNL connection although service was bad i got a connection and situation was managable , like this in most of the remote places BSNL provides such service with out the profit concidaration , most of the public sector companys are like this we should not think about profit, think about it as a service and its company run with our money its our company and we ourselfs ditches them and make profit for some corporates who care a damn for us .

There might be rioting.
hmm i think more chance of strikes. 2015 will be the year of strikes. there are hard & unpopular decisions to be made. This can only be done by a govt that is confident. we've not had one of those for a long time.How much will the govt push and where it chooses to cave in remains to be seen.

the PSU bank workers threatened to strike and got their demands met. Now they get two saturdays off per month along with their 12.5% increase going back to 2012. They did enroll over 100 million people into the jan dan in 6 months tho. how they managed to get that many i don't know but its an achievement.

hmm i think more chance of strikes. 2015 will be the year of strikes. there are hard & unpopular decisions to be made. This can only be done by a govt that is confident. we've not had one of those for a long time.How much will the govt push and where it chooses to cave in remains to be seen.

the PSU bank workers threatened to strike and got their demands met. Now they get two saturdays off per month along with their 12.5% increase going back to 2012. They did enroll over 100 million people into the jan dan in 6 months tho. how they managed to get that many i don't know but its an achievement.
Those guys deserve much more .. In according to the work they do..

12.5 is just peanuts

lmao isp's and telecom companies are sick units. someone is out to sell some govt. resources for some quick $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd call it divesting, its been a long time coming. Only reason they could not do it earlier is trade unions. Some parivar outfits are no different to commies in this regard so lets' see how far they get with this effort.

Back