Govt panel for levy on e-com through emails, blogs

Thanks for the personal attacks @Party Monger. It's easy to blame people and make up your mind that every job is government's job. What do you expect when majority of the population is uneducated that votes for country's representatives? Be the change.

Thanks for the personal attacks @Party Monger. It's easy to blame people and make up your mind that every job is government's job. What do you expect when majority of the population is uneducated that votes for country's representatives? Be the change.
No personal attack on you mate. Just Modi and his incompetence. Generally I would agree with that but these days its the clarion call of bhakts sitting in their arm chairs bashing anyone that criticizes Modi. "Oh why dont you do it then?" Like wtf did he become the PM for then? Leave the post, let someone else do it if you are so incompetent.

Their ministers are advertising MOUs with random institutions on twitter. (like just an MOU, nothing even of consequence), while the govt is cutting funds from education, child welfare, scholarships etc. Its just mind blowing that people still want to cover up for this big #fail of a govt. http://thelogicalindian.com/news/mo...rs-social-pensions-education-health-and-more/

At the heart of this all is just incompetence. You need to make a lot more with the Money you have, cut down on the corruption, make smart and innovative schemes. Ideally with just Cong and BJP, all that I said would have sounded impractical and good on paper. Fortunately we have the AAP actually doing all of these. So, No sir, I will hold the govt responsible till it actually runs at the optimum level at which a govt should run. Then they can go preach and ask people to do something too. ;) And if you want to ask people to do something then move aside and let them be the PM or the ruling party or stop taking Taxes. [DOUBLEPOST=1459434918][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh boy...
Got carried away :p

Last edited:
While we are complaining about govt taking away our money, lets also start raising our voices against govt distributing free money.

Please support the abolition of PF, PPF and other schemes using which govt distributes free money to middle and upper middle class people. All these schemes do little more than transfer wealth from the poor to the rich.

While we are complaining about govt taking away our money, lets also start raising our voices against govt distributing free money.

Please support the abolition of PF, PPF and other schemes using which govt distributes free money to middle and upper middle class people. All these schemes do little more than transfer wealth from the poor to the rich.
Oh boy. Ofcourse, lets just ignore facts.
What is the Public Provident Fund (PPF) Scheme?
The Public Provident Fund (PPF) Scheme, 1968 is a tax-free savings avenue that was introduced by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in India in the year 1968. Interest earned on deposits in the PPF account are not taxable. Deposits made towards PPF accounts can be claimed as tax deductions. This makes the PPF Scheme one of the most tax efficient instruments in India. It was launched to encourage savings among Indians in general, especially to encourage them to create a retirement corpus.

The money is used by govt/banks etc lent to other sectors. It basically keeps wealth in the country and allows investment in long term capital expenditures. It provides a planned saving option for the people. It ensures that people have their own cushion to fall back on in times of need and not be a burden on the govt using free service. A 100rs saved might be 10 rs lost on tax and maybe another 1rs on the tax free interest, but that's 90 rs that otherwise would not have gone into capital projects, loans and nation building. Its a smart scheme, not without it demerits but definitely smart since all of these have an overall limit. But like I said, why let facts stop you from defending Mudiji. Mudiji is more important than the country, logic, rationality and self respect.

^^^ Who is this guy? Why does he use such nasty language?
What nasty language did you find in my reply to you? lol Just cause it blasts through your silly retort its not nasty mate. All due respect. Im just tired of the silly things BJP supporters say to defend it. Nothing personal ;)

When i read this was wondering so why can't it be replicated elsewhere. The answer is below

http://www.notechmagazine.com/2015/06/water-johads-a-low-tech-alternative-to-mega-dams-in-india.html

It’s important to note that water johads are place-specific technologies and cannot necessarily be replicated to other geographical locations or climates. They require steady sloping land—where each johad can feed water into another downstream—and a rainy season, where floods can fill up the reservoirs during the dry months.

There are plenty more. Water is a precious resources but nothing that cant be revitalised with a little effort. Simple stuff like ground water table revitalisation can give you a lot of relief.
Show us . Solving a district's problems in one state is good but there are many more. What can be done there ?

Why can't Hazare's success be replicated in other areas of your state.

But the simple thing is these governments dont have the problem solving capacity. Retarded uneducated idiots that are elected will not solve problems with scientific temperament. They'll be busy with hindutva or jihads or other communal shit or just filling their pockets. But these people only solve problems where money can be thrown and problems solved. Look at Delhi. Had it been the BJP Something like Odd-even would have never happened. Aholes from BJP come back and say but the decline in pollution was only 10-20%. Well thats still 10% less than what it would have been had you been elected aholes. And the future is open to all sorts of ideas now that it has worked and got overwhelming support. Point again is simple - I can go on all day typing things here, but there is so much wrong with BJP, congress that there is no option but to find someone totally new.
The govt talks about cooperative and competitive federalism. If one state does better it gains an advantage that motivates others to follow. If for anything the people would demand it. As far as i'm concerned there is no water shortage in India, never has been. We'd never be able to sustain as large a population otherwise. The problem is management and wastage. Woeful inefficiency and planning.

Now if johads can come about without any govt participation why do these people have to be replaced, so long as they don't interfere ? But if a movement becomes powerful it becomes a threat. A competitor. Successes that cannot be attributed to their rule are not in their interest regardless of who is in office.

And aboutt he BJp forget about the hindutva bs. those are just he die hards that need a pr show every now & then. BJP followed an investment led growth plan the last time. That growth continued after they left office because the commies blocked congress from messing with it. The idea is the same. Attract investment and keep on doing it. World is watching. This will necessrily come at the expense of the exchequer. Some people dont like that. They want this place to remain a protectionist fortress.

Yes, but lets forget that for a moment and ask have we been able to create an atmosphere thats even conducive to business? That provides a base for the businesses? Trained workforce? Ease of doing business? A tax system thats not predatory? A govt that's committed to reforms?
We're trying. reforms are opposed by vested interests who pay into the kitty of parties to put them in office in the first place. its a slow and tedious process. Lobbies have to be appeased and negotiated with.

Think back to '91. The plans to liberalise had already been written by the world bank & the IMF. we implemented them because there was no more opposition to them. That process went on for just a couple of years. We've been running on that since. Same with China, whatever reforms after they opened up went on just for ten years. Then the vested interests jumped in and stopped it.

Its current state of affairs is so sad, its actually funny. The idiot doesnt even have shame that he isnt fulfilling any of his promises and comes every week with Mann ki baat where is ignores everything that the nation actually wants him to talk about. Silence has replaced all that pre election bravado and 56inch boobs.
Things will improve after three years. We're just completing the second year.

Last edited:
When i read this was wondering so why can't it be replicated elsewhere. The answer is below

http://www.notechmagazine.com/2015/06/water-johads-a-low-tech-alternative-to-mega-dams-in-india.html

Show us . Solving a district's problems in one state is good but there are many more. What can be done there ?
Why can't Hazare's success be replicated in other areas of your state.

See this is the problem. Some one gives a solution and you will nitpick that solution, instead of trying to understand the broader point.
Here are more ways to replenish the water table -> http://www.unep.or.jp/ietc/publications/techpublications/techpub-8e/artificial.asp
And this is just the first few results I picked off google.
The problem is who is going out there and scientifically reasearching what can be done in which area? You can go with johads in areas that are conducive to it. Other methods like Recharge wells can be used at other places. Question you need to ask is whether this govt is trying to actively solve problems where they might not get much accolades or immediate benefits? Do they really care about improving the situation? I think not.

Modi doesnt pay you (I hope) or me. Look out for the best options for yourself. These problems will become huge over time.

The govt talks about cooperative and competitive federalism. If one state does better it gains an advantage that motivates others to follow. If for anything the people would demand it. As far as i'm concerned there is no water shortage in India, never has been. We'd never be able to sustain as large a population otherwise. The problem is management and wastage. Woeful inefficiency and planning.

Yeah you can see great examples of co-operative federalism. Sending CBI to Delhi CM's office. Presidents rule in some congress states. Manufacturing revolts, horse trading etc. If they actually put any of the words you mention into action, instead of repeating it like a broken record i'd not be complaining. But let me assume that they are, just to point out the flaw - Is the govt of India, the biggest power in india with a proper machinery to affect change, going to just sit about and do nothing and leave it on states to compete? What sense does that make? Adopt the states where the conditions are bad, help them cope with it. Make available scientific talent to assist those states in making strategies to counter those problems. Its insane that you use competition as a excuse to not work. If something bad happens, "Oh they weren't competitive enough". This is not a bunch of companies competing. There are real large scale consequences here.

Now if johads can come about without any govt participation why do these people have to be replaced, so long as they don't interfere ? But if a movement becomes powerful it becomes a threat. A competitor. Successes that cannot be attributed to their rule are not in their interest regardless of who is in office.

I cant believe you said the first part. People can survive with out the govt. You need food, water and shelter. Why do we need the govt then? Cause a combined effort and pooling of resources creates an unparalleled impact. Cause govt with its machinery can make things happen on a much wider scale with economies of scale and in a much shorter duration and all of it in a planned way. Imagine States that have dealt with droughts for decades can be given relief by these. How can you even suggest that govt should not aid if not adopt such measures? Jeesus, why even have a govt then if they have to be bye-standers in important life and death matters like water conservation and drought relief?

And aboutt he BJp forget about the hindutva bs. those are just he die hards that need a pr show every now & then. BJP followed an investment led growth plan the last time. That growth continued after they left office because the commies blocked congress from messing with it. The idea is the same. Attract investment and keep on doing it. World is watching. This will necessrily come at the expense of the exchequer. Some people dont like that. They want this place to remain a protectionist fortress.

And about cancer, forget that it can kill you. The medication will introduce you to toxic radiation and you can have a smooth bald head, sooner than you've ever had. >_>
Modi is Hindutva. Please dont assume its any sort of fringe. Sane people in the BJP are the fringe now.

I answered this before. No business will come here cause of their good heart. They want profit. And there is no profit to be had unless the govt corrects a tonne of things. All I've mentioned before. Most of these dont even require laws to be passed. Just policy changes. But 2 yrs in after promising comprehensive change, you dont even see incremental change, nothing. Nada. Compare that with Kejriwal. The urgency in his work, the sweeping changes. Traders had problems with VAT forms, they were removed, replacement was provided soon. You dont need years to solve problems, it takes weeks if not days to correct a problem, but you should have the will, and not be sold out to "vested interests" in the first place.

We're trying. reforms are opposed by vested interests who pay into the kitty of parties to put them in office in the first place. its a slow and tedious process. Lobbies have to be appeased and negotiated with.

Then maybe they shouldnt take money into their kitty from them? Or is that okay and a given now? To be sold to "vested interests" and can now be used as a legit excuse? Oh sorry no can do sir, we are sold out to xyz corp, cant do anything against their interest. Dont get me wrong, Im all for trying. Kejriwal is trying FYI. He tried Odd even and got a 10% reduction. That's trying. When you try, you make some amount of progress, not just stay at one place giving excuses.

Think back to '91. The plans to liberalise had already been written by the world bank & the IMF. we implemented them because there was no more opposition to them. That process went on for just a couple of years. We've been running on that since. Same with China, whatever reforms after they opened up went on just for ten years. Then the vested interests jumped in and stopped it.

In 91, THERE WAS A PLAN. IT EXISTED. What's Mudi's plan? Do you know? To manage headlines. Its in public. Have a look. Two years on, there is no comprehensive plan. Just fishing for investments without a concrete strategy. You can only use taxes to a certain extent to get people to make in India. Next they will just pass on the taxes to you. Schemes with fancy names for fancy headlines, with neither the budget to make them mean anything, nor the intension. At the end of 5 yrs he will come and say "We launched skill India" and will claim credit for the jobs that people would have got even in normal course without a BJP govt. Cause you know you need money to survive. Now if only India was Gujarat. A conventionally progressive and rich state where you can take command, micro-manage and just call its natural progress your own achievement.

Things will improve after three years. We're just completing the second year.

2017 - Things will improve after 2 years. We're just completing the third years.
2018 - Things will improve after 1 years. We're just completing the fourth years.
2019 - Things will improve after another 5 years. We're just completing 5 years.
2049 - Things will improve after 5 years. We're just completing the 35 years. You gave congress 60 yrs. Y U hate us anti-nationul?

Reply in bold. I appreciate your optimism though. Just don't share it cause its based on wishful thinking than reality. :p
Good share on the Johad article

How can you guys talk/write so much about all this. Appreciate the thoughts and skills fellas. Clicked on this thread by chance and mind = blown.

Reply in bold. I appreciate your optimism though. Just don't share it cause its based on wishful thinking than reality. :p
It is wishful thinking based on a talk i heard by the current coal minister delivered 6 months before the general elections.

The NDA follows an investment led growth plan. He explained the gains wrought when they were in power continued into the next administration because the commies kept blocking UPA from tampering with them. The growth continued till the credit crisis in 2008. Would i prefer a govt that can repeat what they did the last time ? Definitely and by the looks of it quite a few others as well. I'm optimistic we will be better off in the future. This is something i've believed (ie had faith in) since 2000. But 2012-2013 is when the doubts crept in. For the first time in over a decade i started to question whether I really would be better off in 5 years time.

So we changed the govt and everything is back on track, a new broom sweeps better :)

See this is the problem. Some one gives a solution and you will nitpick that solution, instead of trying to understand the broader point.
Here are more ways to replenish the water table -> http://www.unep.or.jp/ietc/publications/techpublications/techpub-8e/artificial.asp
And this is just the first few results I picked off google.
The problem is who is going out there and scientifically reasearching what can be done in which area? You can go with johads in areas that are conducive to it. Other methods like Recharge wells can be used at other places. Question you need to ask is whether this govt is trying to actively solve problems where they might not get much accolades or immediate benefits? Do they really care about improving the situation? I think not.

Modi doesnt pay you (I hope) or me. Look out for the best options for yourself. These problems will become huge over time.
Not nitpicking, finding what stops broader adoption. let's look at your second link.

Effectiveness of the Technology

Various artificial recharge experiments have been carried out in India by different organizations, and have established the technical feasibility of the artificial recharge of unconfined, semi-confined and confined aquifer systems. However, the most important, and somewhat elusive, issue in determining the utility of this technology is the economic and institutional aspects of artificial groundwater recharge. Experiences with full-scale artificial recharge operations in India and elsewhere in Asia are limited. As a consequence, cost information from such operations is incomplete. The available data, from certain hydrological environs in which recharge experiments have been initiated and/or are in progress, suggest that the cost of groundwater recharge can vary substantially.

Would you sign off on a project without some idea of the parts bolded ?

there are advantages but consider the disadvantages

Disadvantages

There are a number of problems associated with the use of artificial recharge techniques. These include disadvantages related to aspects such as recovery efficiency (e.g., not all of the added water may be recoverable), cost effectiveness, contamination risks due to injection of recharge water of poor quality, clogging of aquifers, and a lack of knowledge about the long term implications of the recharge process. Hence, careful consideration should be given to the selection of an appropriate site for artificial recharge in a specific area.

This has been done in India but there are limitations and risks involved with scaling upwards.

So why don't pols work more towards solving this problem since their time in office is pretty much determined by it. If the rains return in abundance, and they do periodically, all problems are forgotten. Then nobody is interested in such projects. Whose return is long term and uncertain. When there is a drought people say why didn't they do it. This is an impossible situation isn't it.

A more govt driven program like the chinese had with 3 gorges brings its own problems because there people dont get a choice and have to comply or be forced off and relocated. We can't do that here.

Another more important question is how long do we want the majority of people in this country to be tied to agriculture. Because it exposes our economy much more to climate variations than elsewhere. I hear from people in the country that farm labour is hard to come by, that people do not want to work in the field. Then i read in the paper about these suicides so evidently many people are still very dependent on agriculture. Which is tied to land. This is another fight. if the land cannot be put to agricultural use then it cna be sold for other purposes. Lot of push back here. Cannot take away land from the people. So they have land which isn't productive and have no option to improve.

As for looking out for better options ourselves, i think this has been the case for a long time now. That people succeed despite govt and not due to it. people have come together and fought for better conditions. RTI is a good example. nationwide. Any number of self help groups around the country. You are looking for a way to organise that better and encourage it. I think its more feasible today than 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Back