GPRS access for applications

samrulez

Disciple
Hi guys,

I have a Motorola A810 and vodafone sim. I can browse the net via the default browser. But opera mini,google maps,ebuddy and all other applications cant access the net. I check all the settings and all. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY OLD NOKIA 3110c.

thanks in advance.

you might be using Vodafone Live servcie, its a closed GPRS connection, through Proxy. You can not access most of the email sites and also you can not use the google maps and other applications requiring a GPRS connection. If you want to use all these, use Vodafone Mobile office GPRS or whatever its called. Its without Proxy.

Yes, you can access. Check your GPRS settings, it might be with proxy. This limited GPRS is given for Rs. 95 per month in prepaid. Vodafone is blocking the Gmail and other mail sites, Google maps, etc in this closed GPRS connection.

(If your APN is portalnmms and proxy is used, then its a closed connection for sure, your APN should be www to access all the sites and google maps, vodafone charges 10p/10kb for this connection)

samrulez said:
Ohh i see.But my friend has billing and it works fine on his phone.He doesnt pay any exra rental. Its just 10p/10kb.

Man, I repeatedly telling, check your GPRS settings. If its through Proxy (APN : poralnmms), you will not be able to browse all the sites. You change the settings and then you will be able to browse.

I am again repeating, there are two kind of services available in vodafone GPRS. One is closed and the other one is open, which is through a Proxy. In order to access all the sites and google maps, you should use the Vodafone mobile office (open connection), so check your mobile GPRS settings and use the relevant settings.

@gmano... thanks for the inputs..

I also had trouble with the vodafone gprs since I was using portalnmms as the APN. Now here is the settings to move out of the proxy box.

i set the following settings. Posting it here so that it may help someone coming here....

Simply : sms VMC to 52586 ( toll free)

OR

Here are the settings:

Connection Name: Anything

Data Bearer: Packet Data

Access Point Name: www

User Name: None (leave it blank)

Password: None

Authentication: Normal

Homepage: You can set any website

Advanced Settings:

Network Type: IPv4

Phone IP Address: Automatic

DNS Address: Automatic

Proxy Server Address: None

Proxy Port Number: 0

gmano said:
Man, I repeatedly telling, check your GPRS settings. If its through Proxy (APN : poralnmms), you will not be able to browse all the sites. You change the settings and then you will be able to browse.

I am again repeating, there are two kind of services available in vodafone GPRS. One is closed and the other one is open, which is through a Proxy. In order to access all the sites and google maps, you should use the Vodafone mobile office (open connection), so check your mobile GPRS settings and use the relevant settings.

Back