GPS for car

Hi !
Was looking to get a GPS for car. I am unable to find which suits better. I need to be able to monitor the vehicle. Is it better to get it installed at workshop or try the easy plug onces ? Please suggest. Not looking for very expensive onces !
Thanks !

Thanks..need it to track and see the vehicle movement as many family members use my vehicle. Is Zyme Pro good enough ?

Very good indeed. There are other competing products which are slightly cheaper but I went with them because I had earlier bought a previous version of Zyme with assurance that it will work with my then car (Accent Crdi 2005). When it did not work the promoter of the company discussed the issue with me and he was happy to give me full refund of the product. That convinced me that their Customer Service is top notch even for a startup. I now went with the Zyme Pro because it meets all my requirements. There are some minor hiccups here and there as int he cost of the fuel is sometimes wrongly updated, the notifications are delayed etc. These issues are now fixed. The calibration of fuel consumed etc did take some time. Overall it is good and meets my requirement.

If you are going to have your car driven by family members then these are the features that you would be happy about.
  1. Tracking the location
  2. Sharing of the location
  3. Driving habits (sudden acceleration, braking, lane changing, long idling etc)
  4. History of locations/route driven
Apart from the above you also get to analyse the car (engine, battery etc).

This is a subscription based service. The first year is included in the cost. From the 2nd year onward it cost around Rs. 1,800 / year. The only concern is that they use a Vodafone 2G SIM and I am worried about Vodafone's survival in India in the long term. Zyme have assured me that in case Vodafone closes operations in India they will ensure the services are not impacted. Other competing models have replaceable SIMs. Having considered the pros and cons I went for Zyme.

Back