GPU! Do Vendors make a dent?

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Ok i wannna say that in the end a gtx960 IS a gtx960 nd a r9 270 IS a r9 270 so aside from LOOKS does vendor matter?i meant to say
Why pay more for a gtx 960 air boss Herculez or Gtx 960 windforce 3fan when u can get cheaper ones without the herculez Heatsink or triple fan ?Asus 960 sells for 4k higher at a local store.

Now regarding cooling if i use a 10 year old liquid cooler my gpu will beat the SH!T of every single 960 in terms of cooling .

So should i pay more for Gpu from bigger brands??

These cards offer better performance as they are factory overclocked, also the better cooling solutions means that you can push the clocks even further. As far as vendors are considered,I will always go for the one which will offer the longest warranty.

Some of the advantages.

1. Handpicked GPU/Memory chips in most cases.
2. Overclocking out of the box and often features tailored around overclocking.
3. Custom cooler designs that give infinitely better performance compared to stock designs.
4. Makes Water Cooling totally unnecessary except for the most extreme over clocks.

Not everyone has the money or the time and patience to invest in water cooling their entire rig. The custom designs get you just as close to the performance without all the hassles of water cooling.

Personally, i don't care about warranty as I choose to import from US and save quite a few bucks rather than spend a premium locally just to get warranty and still not get the service when I require it. I go for the brand with the best custom cooler design and the least reported problems.

We are missing the most important aspect here, the major difference between vendors lies in the PCB design and layout, quality of components used ( Capacitors, VRMs, Transistors, Memory chips) , power circuitry design, etc. So, basically, if you are buying the same Nvidia chip from one vendor at a premium over the others, most likely you are getting a better engineered and more robust card.

Now regarding cooling if i use a 10 year old liquid cooler my gpu will beat the SH!T of every single 960 in terms of cooling.

Coming from the guy who was all anti-Alienware I'm not surprised with your logic.
If you can use a liquid cooler why even ask it in the first place? Next you're going to ask why you should pay more for a factory OC'ed card if you can OC the crap out of a standard edition card.

Back