Graphic Cards GPU Fan RPM?

Kumar

Skilled
Hi, I have an XFX 8600GT. Im running vista and using Rivatuner and set up different fan profiles based on different core temperatures. Now the problem is, Im not being able to find out the fan's speed (not the duty cycle).

Is there anyway to find that out? Any help is appreciated.

Have u tried Everest Home/Ultimate. U can check GPU rpm there.. If it doesn't show rpm, then i think 8600GT doesn't support GPU fan rpm monitoring sensor.. U can also try ATI tool..
Hope this will help..:D:

I guess mine doesn't support RPM monitoring :(

clipboard01fb7.jpg

Its very much a possibility that the card fan does not come with RPM sensor. This was the case with many second wave 8600GT cards which did not follow the reference design.

Nothing much can be done in this case.

Funky said:
Its very much a possibility that the card fan does not come with RPM sensor. This was the case with many second wave 8600GT cards which did not follow the reference design.
Nothing much can be done in this case.

lol....RPM Sensor is always inside the GPU & not in the fan.. :eek:hyeah:
Well, this is the most stupid part of the fan, made out of only one wire. :)

The sensor is not located inside the fan, as it would be pretty stupid to mount it somewhere, and on the other hand - too expensive.

The RPM sensor is located inside the hardware monitor chip which is soldered on the mainboard of your (or anybody elses) computer. The RPM sensor wire is connected to one electric circuit inside the fan I was talking about, and it is just sending the digital signals to the HW monitor chip. These digital signals are binary 0 an 1, which are in fact 0V and 12V signals. The HW monitor chip is just counting those signals.
How a Fan Works?
:eek:hyeah:

Back