Graphic Cards GPU pricing in India is rage inducing!! mini gpu guide

This makes me so angry GODO#O#$R#$

In SHORT: Quality performance graphic card are stopped in favour of complete garbage GPUs which are much more costly.

Shit Card Examples:
nvidia 730 : Flipkart Cost: Rs. 6900, Performance points a mere 925 according to passmark
nvidia 710 : Flipkart Cost: Rs. 3400, Performance points a mere 680 according to passmark

Ancient Graphics cards cost same as currrent shit cards but were much much better.
Ancient card example: Radeon HD5670. 1081 passmark points
100$ old cost 8-9 years ago. Was also available in India for less than Rs 5000 at certain times.

Quality Card Example:
Nvidia 750 gtx. Was available in India for Rs.8500, Performance points 3300 according to passmark.
I got it for 100$ from US 2-3 years ago. ITS NOT SOLD in INDIA anymore, because they have to dump their non-performing shitcards to unsuspecting buyers.
CURRENT COST ON ALIEXPRESS ? 40 goddamn $

Even with custom quality card costs half of our star shitCard - nvidia 730 . A shit card with 1/4 the performance of our quality card.

INDIA IS A GODDAMN DUMPING GROUND FOR THESE GITS

Last edited:
41% import duty. And then add distris margin dealer margin sub dealer . that's how Indian shops work. Dealers get additional incentive too.

Did you even bother reading ? This is about the GPU models being sold, not about the duty. Duty is the same.
Better performing cards are replaced by inferior GPU.

Lol. I can still remember in older days when noobs use to showoff like i have a 1gb card & well I got 512mb card which in fact were worst performing gfx of that series to which a standard 128 or 256mb could easily beat.
Indian customer base is more or less still similar hence shit cards are dumped here with some mirch masala and the end idiot easily gets duped. Well a job well done for the seller and nvidia or amd.
Here one can easily fool and sell a Nano with BMW engine for 10lacs.
And for enthusiasts like us we either have to pay royal prices, buy used ones with fear of mining usage or have to do some jugaad to import or get it via someone from abroad. So a real deserving customer is left suffering and pissing between govt taxes, availability and high prices.
Internationally we buy Toyotas at the rate of BMWs. Sorry situation for everyone. And this is not gonna change.

Haha, this rings old bells. My 5670 bought from the US for ~$90 died in feb last year after running flawlessly for 6 years. Couldn't find a decent replacement then. Cards costing around the same were about two steps down the tier. Better cards cost around Rs. 14k. Since i wasn't gaming then i ended up buying a 1gb 710 for ~2k. worst 2k i ever spent.

Now, a year and a half later, things are even worse...

Back