Grado headphones - The world's finest . Sr80i , Sr125i, Sr225i

Status
Not open for further replies.
bennysachdev said:
I own the Sr80i since almost a year now and they've been my primary headphone for the longest time and all I can say is that they are nothing short of Amazing. I had purchased them from amazon and had my gf bring it down from the US for me, but it still cost me around 5.2k including shipping, which is close to what Gautam is offering plus the buyer gets local warranty rather than Amazon warranty for which one would have to ship it back to the US if something happens. Pain in the rear!!

I have personally been a fan of Grado's products and quality level. These are no BS headphones for serious listeners. Grado has never gone down on they're level of quality and love for they're products.
After being full satisfied with the Sr80i's which come with a foam pad, I decided to get the Sr225i's(bowl pads) as a upgrade from my existing Sr80i.

I still cannot let go of my Sr80i's for its bass punch for genres like Rock, Metal and Grunge. Vocals are the best through a Grado since they deliver a very accurate representation of the recording, while other hp's in comparison sound colored and rolled off from the ends. Just to give you a sense of idea of what i'm talking about, Metallica & Symphony's - Nothing else matters really sounds legendary on these and the fact that they do not need a seperate amp to drive them makes them very good for someone wanting to start his journey in audiophilia land. ;)
The Sr225i's in comparison to the Sr80i to my ears is a definate upgrade in the treble and soundstage area. I cannot validate or justify their sound sig since they require amping and I don't own an amp yet. :( But unamped I do notice a night and day difference between the two(i know what to expect amp'd since I tried these locally in SG). One is a Merc C-Class and the other is an E-Class for sure. ;)

Instruments seem well seperated, there is a sense of added detailing in every instrument, the tunes seem much smoother and well defined and the sense of space is much more airy and open. They are definately more airy than the Sr80i's. They still lack a bass punch or authority in the bass region, maybe since they aren't driven through an amp as of now. The jumbo pads are good for long listening sessions. I find them more comfy than the bowl pads.

Hope to see you bring the Rs2i/Rs1i/GS1000 and the Legendary PS1000 soon!!
Than You for your wonderful impressions on the Grados. This should help a lot of people make up their mind and understand what Grado is all about . Hopefully these wont remain in store for long.

I will be getting my Sr225i to Mumbai in the 1st week of Jan.
I guess we can have a head-fi meet where you guys can try them out if you're interested. :)

Hi Benny,

is there anyway I can demo the Sr80i? While everyone is surely gaga, I am not sure I can spare 5 grands before listening and making sure.

If happy, I will pick one up from Pristine note immediately. Even if Pristine note, can arrange a demo, not sure how feasible, it will help my purchase.

Any chances of that?

Finding it hard to decide between the sr80i and the ad700. Main concern with the sr80i is that I've read that the foam pads make them uncomfortable for long duration use(6+hrs, occasionally fall asleep with headphones on).

I was not gonna carry back my sr80i to Mumbai since the Mumbai guys have already heard my sr80i. Hence I was going to leaving it back in SG. No point carrying extra luggage.

If more people are interested and I have space left after packing, I'll still get it for you. :)

The ad700 in comparison to the sr80i is more comfy due to the 3d wing design.

Although it is the same 3d wing design which makes it huge in size making it very difficult to carry. It also makes it impossible to go 2 sleep with, to be frank I don't think any headphone will let you go2 sleep with them. You might even wake up in the morning and find pieces of your HP no matter how expensive or strong it seems.

bennysachdev said:
Grado's are like Jessica Alba and Denon's are Pamela Anderson racks. One is lovely and natural and the other one is monstrously big.
:O

So you are saying you are a fan of Jessica Alba and Faheem is a fan of Pamela ?

Anyways back on topic, do see if you have place for the GR80. I would like to hear them again. Especially since the A700 is in the same price range. :)

Gautam can you help out in someway? Maybe if you have an open piece we could borrow for the meet?

I love both, in their own separate ways ;)

One is very real, the other, too much fun. And I'm still taking about cans. :p

hey where is this Head-Fi meeting that everyone is so gung-ho about....i m from Mum...but in B'lore at the moment..it would be great jf sme1 cud point me to a link where the details and schedules of such meets is listed....

SharekhaN said:
Hi Benny,

is there anyway I can demo the Sr80i? While everyone is surely gaga, I am not sure I can spare 5 grands before listening and making sure.
If happy, I will pick one up from Pristine note immediately. Even if Pristine note, can arrange a demo, not sure how feasible, it will help my purchase.

Any chances of that?

Since are very keen on the SR80i , we could offer you a demo of the same if you visit our store in Navi Mumbai .Demo of others grados might not be possible as we have only 1 pc. in stock of other models and opening up the high end ones might not very feasible for us .
chiron said:
Finding it hard to decide between the sr80i and the ad700. Main concern with the sr80i is that I've read that the foam pads make them uncomfortable for long duration use(6+hrs, occasionally fall asleep with headphones on).

Both are very good in their own way and also very different in terms of sound signature .Even the AD700s can't really be used while sleeping as the mesh on the body is not strong enough to handle pressure and might bend if you sleep with the headphones on .

bennysachdev said:
Gautam can you help out in someway? Maybe if you have an open piece we could borrow for the meet?

I love both, in their own separate ways ;)

One is very real, the other, too much fun. And I'm still taking about cans. :p
I am not sure if I can let you borrow them for the meets since we do not have any samples but all you guys are most welcome to host the CanJam at my place along with all your gear. You guys could also get a chance to witness the AKG 702s sing with the beautiful Maverick A1 tube amp.

dr.sankhadeep said:
any chance of grado gr10 iem
As replied in PM , we do not have any idea of the final pricing on the top-end Grados but are trying to work on the same if lot of people are interested.

^ You can take advice on the same from the owners who have posted their impressions above.

Meanwhile , 1X Grado SR80i purchased by sivakuru .

Received the SR80. Super fast shipping. Excellent service.

Just started listening thru the SR80. Was worried it would

be too bright but sounds pretty good (no harshness). Definitely

has bass. Me liking the sound. Ofcourse its far from complete

burn-in.

This may not be ideal to use in office as it leaks sound quite a

bit. Otherwise I think I have a "sound" investment. Me happy.

More later....

Anybody looking for a great CAN for Rock , club house , House music @10k budget !

Even Fusion , World Music , Ghazal;s , Nusrat Ali khaan Saab's legendary tracks ...aaahhh .. WwwooooooowwwwwwW , This is what u feel listening to them in SR125's .

It surely is the KING of MIDS !!

Grab the Grado SR125's :)

I personally like the SR125's paired with my vacuum tube amp very much !!

Pics :-

Well,

Guys @ all i went via all of this and all the posts very throughly .the thing i miss on te is impression with indian music .There is no one with impressions on hindi music and also on punjabi and other regional music genre .We all talk about a lauguage that some do not like .I never listen to english music at all .Seriously are all TE audiophiles only liking English Music and talk about english music genres pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Well,

Guys @ all i went via all of this and all the posts very throughly .the thing i miss on te is impression with indian music .There is no one with impressions on hindi music and also on punjabi and other regional music genre .We all talk about a lauguage that some do not like .I never listen to english music at all .Seriously are all TE audiophiles only liking English Music and talk about english music genres pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
LoL , i agree !!

Being indian's and specially being in north india , u cant just igonre the Hindi Music at all !

Punjabi , Bollywood , Ghazal's , Sufi songs ... Aaaahh pleasure to hear them in my Grado's SR125 !!

Grado's are perfect VFM . U cant go wrong with grado's ever !

I wish to try the SR325i now !

Amarbir , Come online on yahoo , need to ask something about FA-002 and FA-003 .

PristineNote said:
1 X Grado SR80i sold to kekerode :). 1 last SR80i remaining in stock .
Gautam , by any chance do u have replacement pads for grado;s ???

Pls update me , if they can be arranged .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back