Car & Bike Grand Tour (official) Discussion Thread

I don't know what is wrong with this show.

The first part was so amazing and back to the old days. Then we go back to the studio which was sort of okay. Then we return to a video which just shows that they have a lot of money to burn and then we go back to the original film which succumbs to the poor scripting which has plagued the series ever since episode 1. Suddenly James turns dumb and daftly misses turn 1, Hammond becomes stupid and obnoxious and doesn't realize it is a movie set and Jezza becomes a looser.

In Top Gear would hardly ever loose and if he did it was to James who would have played them all along and reveals his cards at the end and Richard in all those years won only once I think.

This is kinda shambolic. I am trying really hard to like it but I can't just like they are trying to be liked but they aren't that likable.

@6pack - Watch the first half of episode 5.

I am actually watching Clarkson's Car Years on youtube. 240p but the mini series is so much better than whatever Top Gear made in the last 4 years or The Grand tour is making now.

Episode 6 - Like the X-Mas Gift Shopping Part

Grand Tour Condom -

GT Condom - How Hard Can It Be ? :D

GT Condom - What Could Possibly Go Wrong ?

Last edited:
Quite a gap since the last post in this thread.

The Jaaaaagggg episode so far was the weakest episode this season.

Conversation street this year is the best part of the show and I love the little F1 references. They haven't dumbed down James May unlike last year which is a relief.

This year fortunately the car sections are good and they don't try to cram multiple videos into one episode.

The Celebrity face off is okayish... Wish they did it last year when Kimi Raikkonen showed up and instead of dropping dead drunk he could have gone up against someone like Mika Hakkinen. The discussion itself would be fantastic.

Quite a gap since the last post in this thread.
The Jaaaaagggg episode so far was the weakest episode this season.
I was watching the Jaaaag episode last evening and I dozed off halfway in between. 5 and 6th episodes were boring to say the least. felt like fillers than proper car show episodes.

Miss the old Top Gear specials that they did.

I was watching the Jaaaag episode last evening and I dozed off halfway in between. 5 and 6th episodes were boring to say the least. felt like fillers than proper car show episodes.

Miss the old Top Gear specials that they did.

Jaaaaaggg was just bad and I kinda enjoyed the 5th episode till they played the last video of Jezza trying to do a Ken Block type video. It was absolutely terrible. The first video with Richard in it was not great either and neither was James's video and I think they have both done similar videos when they were on Top Gear. The only exception being that those videos were fantastic.

@onlyravi - I wish they did something similar to Top Gear Specials especially something like The Burma Special.

Celebrity Face Off is little bit lengthy though, sometimes they stretch it quite a bit...And yes the lose the Top Gear feelings. Also this year they don't move the Tent, Fixed in one location (near Clarkson's Villa).

yet to watch the Jaggg episode.

It's just a great show, I've already watched all the seasons and I can't wait to see the new episodes. Compared with the new top gear it is just spectacular!

@onlyravi - I wish they did something similar to Top Gear Specials especially something like The Burma Special.
I think they tried to do an entire episode completely different than their usual template with the "Feed The World" episode. It was not very interesting and unnecessarily lengthy... Lets see if they try something similar again but on a mega scale. I like how they taunted celebs who just show off charity work in these backward nations and retreat back to their luxury hotels in their choppers :D

This is another example of the show being made by tv hosts insted of beautiful expensive cars. I personally really like the new format of the show and good old hosts.

Is this Season 2 Ended? Only 11 episode?

The last one 'Feed The World' is extremely good.

I really thought they couldn't come back after leaving Top Gear... but man they are as amazing as ever :)

The last episode was definitely good - I fell off my chair laughing at James may & his car-quarium getting off the beach :D

They started by mocking the Indian made motorcycle and later were full of praises for it. I think it was a TVS bike. Centra or similar...

Back