Car & Bike Grand Tour (official) Discussion Thread

I watched Finding the new stig yesterday. It was funny a bit, but like old dad jokes type. British humour I suppose?

Mods , Please rename this thread 'Grand Tour (official) Discussion Thread'.

On a side off topic note Amazon IN still not introduce Prime Video - I think the minute they introduce the Prime Membership will be 999/- from 499/-

Mods , Please rename this thread 'Grand Tour (official) Discussion Thread'.

On a side off topic note Amazon IN still not introduce Prime Video - I think the minute they introduce the Prime Membership will be 999/- from 499/-

Done mate.

What a stupid move. Has amazon not heard of piracy?

They very well know about it and do anticipate the same but its not always as simple as it looks.
Serving across geographies means having the ability to serve the content to all those requests.
Which is main big problem. (Although for a company like Amazon it is relatively small)
Then there are other issues like local broadcasting laws or content editing for specific geographies. and getting them approved from concerned bodies.
Maybe thats the reason they are holding on for a couple of weeks before making it globally available.
Also what if the response is not how they expected? Although all 3 are major stars and have a huge fan following due to Top Gear the format of TGT is different from top gear and its important it is well accepted everywhere. Thats why they might be planning to scale step by step.

I wouldn't say all interviews were bad. There were a few more like a handful that I liked.

This one has to be my fav -

1 hr plus for each episode is pushing it. I felt sleepy half way through. It felt like they were trying to pass time and didn't have a clue on how to do it.
Each episode shouldn't be more than 45 minutes imo.

1 hr plus for each episode is pushing it. I felt sleepy half way through. It felt like they were trying to pass time and didn't have a clue on how to do it.
Each episode shouldn't be more than 45 minutes imo.

It honestly depends on the content. If it was something like the Vietnam or Burma special then I would prefer it to run for hours. I kinda was expecting the series to be a bit like Top Gear Specials before I saw the episode.

The format I don't think is fixed yet and that might result in trimming the length this week or in future. The reason that last week the episode was that long was probably because they were introducing the new show and also showing what they won't show in their show like celebrity interviews and news section. I expect today's episode to be much shorter.

@6pack - Well the last episode was 57 minutes including the terrible intro. I will be very honest - I didn't like the episode and the part where the celebrity dies and James says "Does that mean they are not coming" really made me cringe. I like the banter but when you dumb down someone like James May just for the sake of it then that really doesn't gel well. He isn't called Captain Slow because he is dumb but because he drives slowly and his navigation skills are horrible.

The part I did like was them reviewing the car during the getaway and that was the only part I liked I guess. Hope the future episodes are better than this as I fail to see how they can be worse than this.

The shows been scripted poorly I think. Maybe they're trying to make it like some comedy mini series while simultaneously talking about cars and fail at it quite miserably.

They are really screwing up by making the characters extreme apart from Jezza. Richard tries to be louder and more annoying and James May tries to act dumb which he is not in fact he is brilliant normally.

The script and pacing is really killing the show. They could have done an entire episode on environment friendly cars but they tried to squeeze it in instead.

Episode 1 - Good
Episode 2 - Horrible
Episode 3 - Better than episode 2 (Average)
Episode 4 - Average

Back