Budget 0-20k Graphic card for Ryzen CPU

hhhcliff

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • As low as possible
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - ryzen 3 1200
    • Motherboard - MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS,MSI A320M PRO-VD PLUS
    • GPU - NONE JUST FOUND OUT RYZEN WONT RUN WITHOUT A DEDICATED CARD IS IT TRUE AS AM NOT GETTING ANY DISPLAY SO AM HERE FOR SUGGESTION OF A GC FOR BASICALLY RUN THE SYSTEM
    • RAM - ADATA Premier ADT DDR4 U-DIMM 2400 4GB RAM
    • Monitor - BENQ 24"
    • PSU - Corsair VS450
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • ALL OF THE ABOVE
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • A GPU SO THAT I CAN RUN MY SYSTEM
      Gigabyte Geforce GT 710 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card (GV-N710D5-2GL) WOULD THIS GC BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR BASICALLY WATCHING HD VIDEO AND ALL??
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • FINAL UPGRADE
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NOPE
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NOT A LOT OF GAMING
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

NONE JUST FOUND OUT RYZEN WONT RUN WITHOUT A DEDICATED CARD IS IT TRUE AS AM NOT GETTING ANY DISPLAY SO AM HERE FOR SUGGESTION OF A GC FOR BASICALLY RUN THE SYSTEM
Yes the regular Ryzen chips don't have any graphics inbuilt. Have you already bought it? You should've picked up the newer APUs like the Ryzen 3 2200G/Ryzen 5 2400G which have an integrated GPU.

P.s.: Don't type in CAPS.

yes already bought is the GT 710 gc suffient for view hd stuff and 4k viewing?
If you mean something like 4K HEVC decoding via the GPU - I think the minimum you need is a GT1030.
Try talking to your dealer and see if you can exchange your R3 1200 for the R3 2200G - it's about 2k more. The 2200G GPU can handle 4K content.

In future, always ask the configuration first before shooting off to buy :) Not sure why you bought the 1200 as for the similar price you would get a superior intel i3 processor which will be better paired with the GC you bought

I am not sure if 8100 will be superior to Ryzen in the long run. The difference in performance will be marginal, with ryzen he will have a better upgrade path. AMD has promised Ryzen2 on the same socket i believe. Also he prefers to use Windows 7, which is better supported in Ryzen. Windows 7 , 8.1 updates are not available to 7th and 8th gen Intel`s.. at least officially. You have workarounds for it though.

I am not sure if 8100 will be superior to Ryzen in the long run. The difference in performance will be marginal, with ryzen he will have a better upgrade path. AMD has promised Ryzen2 on the same socket i believe. Also he prefers to use Windows 7, which is better supported in Ryzen. Windows 7 , 8.1 updates are not available to 7th and 8th gen Intel`s.. at least officially. You have workarounds for it though.
Well 8100 has better quad core support with bechmarks showing better than 1200. Also the inbuilt 630 graphics is way better than that 710 that the OP needed to buy seperately with R1200 ;-)

But i do like the sleek cooler that come with R1200. Wonder why don't they provide one with R1600 and likes

In real life i don't think you will see much difference between the two CPUs, However i agree with the graphics performance, 630 is clearly superior..but again it depends on his usage...BTW 1600 does come with Wraith Spire cooler isnt it? i thought it did.

In real life i don't think you will see much difference between the two CPUs, However i agree with the graphics performance, 630 is clearly superior..but again it depends on his usage...BTW 1600 does come with Wraith Spire cooler isnt it? i thought it did.
Yeah probably not enough to be noticable but had OP chosen 8100, it wouldn't require a separate GPU, which from above post I think clearly OP was tryign to avoid initially. My bad on 1600 - yes 1600 comes with fan, 1600X does not

hmm yeah, 1600X doesnt come with a cooler probably because it is aimed at overclockers and the first thing they are gonna do is swap with an aftermarket cooler..

My recommendation would be go Go for GT1030 it's a very awesome entry level card better than 710.. will cost you around Rs 7,000 as quoted by smcinternational.in

Back