WTB Graphics Card fitting my spec 750 TI, 1050TI, RX 470

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyengar

Adept
Guys,

Recently I tried to get GPU and found i have been living under rocks.
I bought few items and need your advice & items to fill the gap.
My current Spec
1) CPU - i3 6100
2) M/B- Gigabyte H110mS2
3) RAM - 8gb Corsair Vengeance 2400 version
4) GPU - No idea (Budget is limited) Wife will kill me
5) HDD - Currently multiple not SSD's
6) CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212
7) PSU - Corsair cx750
8) CAB - Cooler Master: HAF 922
9) Monitor = Benq GL2450H
10) L/M: Standard USB

Please, this is a humble cry for help.

No, I'm not gamer, Nor I have any intentions any time future.

Last edited:
What is your budget on gpu??
Since you mentioned future proof, I guess you are looking for new gpus from nvidia/amd otherwise you can get a gtx 750ti on TE itself for good price without breaking your budget

Bit confused. If you aren't a gamer and don't have any intentions of playing games any time soon, why did you get all this stuff? Cause this looks like a gaming build to me. For instance, that PSU is powerful enough to drive every single GPU out there and many multi GPU configs so I don't quite understand why you would get it if you have no intention of gaming.

The definition of limited budget varies from person to person so please state a figure. Ideally a 480 or 1060 would go great with that build but it all depends on what you can spend and not get killed by your wife.

What is your budget on gpu??
Since you mentioned future proof, I guess you are looking for new gpus from nvidia/amd otherwise you can get a gtx 750ti on TE itself for good price without breaking your budget
Appreciate your response mate. frankly i have no idea

Even if you say 12K i would be willing to give it a go

The reason i have put the thread here cause i'm fine with seconds too

Last edited:
Bit confused. If you aren't a gamer and don't have any intentions of playing games any time soon, why did you get all this stuff? Cause this looks like a gaming build to me. For instance, that PSU is powerful enough to drive every single GPU out there and many multi GPU configs so I don't quite understand why you would get it if you have no intention of gaming.

The definition of limited budget varies from person to person so please state a figure. Ideally a 480 or 1060 would go great with that build but it all depends on what you can spend and not get killed by your wife.
Thank you for the reply. My priority goes with "Not to get killed by my wife" However, When I bought the spares one by one I was "gamer" and System Administrator., But, that is now legacy. All I do now is web based stuff or watch 1080p/720p Movies or Music (very less) or more frankly online shopping

I'm looking for GPU who wants to dispose / upgrade their system so that I can lie to my wife that this card was my friends and was given "free". I do not intend to turn this thread in to some confession thread.

Looking for possible GPU options and May be Just may be SSD in near time

Thank you for the reply. My priority goes with "Not to get killed by my wife" However, When I bought the spares one by one I was "gamer" and System Administrator., But, that is now legacy. All I do now is web based stuff or watch 1080p/720p Movies or Music (very less) or more frankly online shopping
Why would you need a discreet GPU for that? Just get a used 750Ti which would even suffice for light gaming (few indie games).
Saying that, you can always take some time out for gaming man. Even with a 2 yr old kid, I find some late night gaming time on weekends. Earlier my wife used to get annoyed, but now she realizes this a sort of hobby/passion for me and she's OK with it. And I game only in my spare time, that too single player games (No long RPGs).

I think you spent unnecessary for that cabinet +psu
PS you are not going to do any heavy lifting with that pc, then why CM Hyper 212?
If possible, return the cabinet for spec 02/03 and maybe a 500w psu would suffice.
And also you can use the stock cooler, no need for special cooler.
Also, no matter how low you want to go for gpu, do not replace for that Intel HD graphics.
It sucks at even playing 1080p movies properly. You can get gtx 750ti for around 6k here.
Hope it helps

Like the other posters mentioned, sure a 750ti would suit your needs but man, would it be a mismatch with the rest of your hardware. CX750 and HAF 912 and...a 750ti :p
Anyway I have a GPU that might fit your description. Pm me if interested.

I think you spent unnecessary for that cabinet +psu
PS you are not going to do any heavy lifting with that pc, then why CM Hyper 212?
If possible, return the cabinet for spec 02/03 and maybe a 500w psu would suffice.
And also you can use the stock cooler, no need for special cooler.
Also, no matter how low you want to go for gpu, do not replace for that Intel HD graphics.
It sucks at even playing 1080p movies properly. You can get gtx 750ti for around 6k here.
Hope it helps
As I said, this was done around 2012, PSU was bought form here. CAB was 11+ that time. No intentions to sell the current items. Will keep it for few more years.

I have few things in mind like 750 TI or 1050 TI or RX 460 or something in equal lines...

@suhailkhan : I would love that Single player games... Hope to find time between blogging and office works

As I said, this was done around 2012, PSU was bought form here. CAB was 11+ that time. No intentions to sell the current items. Will keep it for few more years.

I have few things in mind like 750 TI or 1050 TI or RX 460 or something in equal lines...

@suhailkhan : I would love that Single player games... Hope to find time between blogging and office works
Ohh, I see... I thought you bought a build recently since you got a 6th gen cpu.. Nevermind, gtx 750ti is a nice choice...
Stay clear of gtx 1050 because it is a low end card that is supposed to work without external power supply and 4gb versions have ridiculous pricing.
Better get a gtx 960/970 if you are willing to stretch to 12k
Otherwise no issues with gtx 750ti..
Heck I have been using a Gts 450 till now (5 years) and now only it is showing it's age but I can play pretty much any game till 2015 with few exceptions.

Go with @Emrebel 's suggestions and you should be fine. Do not spend too much if you don't plan to game. But even if you have the slightest inclination of getting back to gaming, get the 960 at least.
Again going OT here, my parents and wife have finally realized that gaming is just another form of entertainment like TV or movies, so not that big a family issue anymore. Good luck.

Go for a used gtx 750 ti 2gb or buy a new gtx 1050 ti 4gb.
Almost my thoughts

GTX 750 Ti is on Maxwell. However GTX 1050 Ti is on Pascal. The question is, if the new tech already on the battle ground, should I still bank on legacy device? Since GTX 750 Ti dates back to Feb'14. or should I change my loyalty towards "Red Dragon".
I'm freaking confused and clueless. Perhaps @PHOENiX117 can offer some advice and directions.

750Ti is being suggested just because you don't plan to game. For your needs it's more than enough.
But if you put gaming as a requirement in the mix, that's a whole new discussion.

Well, since you list RX 470 in the post, it is without doubt the best gpu out of 3 you can get, though go for 4gb version since the 8gb makes no sense atleast with the kind of pricing in India
Beware, that makes you a gamer!!

Well, since you list RX 470 in the post, it is without doubt the best gpu out of 3 you can get, though go for 4gb version since the 8gb makes no sense atleast with the kind of pricing in India
Beware, that makes you a gamer!!
Yes, I'm quite intrigued by it's performance. Once again I can click like only once. on your suggestions.

I'm still waiting for anyone opening up for sale. Help this poor chap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back