Graphic Cards Graphics card makers will be forced to slash prices after GPU shipments fall by 40%

what would be a good price for GTX 1080 in india ?
technically in India the top end 1080ti should cost roughly about 47,000/- ( $699), but then we have customs & 35% import duty.

Reading book and having computers considered as luxury in this country :p[DOUBLEPOST=1525242668][/DOUBLEPOST]
It reminds of the prices for Hard drives going high especially when there were floods in South East Asia - long time ago. HDD companies made a lot of cash during that time,
even today the prices in India are not in par with that time. remembered buying my first WD 1TB in ~2k. Cloud storage is cheaper and more redundant these days.

technically in India the top end 1080ti should cost roughly about 47,000/- ( $699), but then we have customs & 35% import duty.

Reading book and having computers considered as luxury in this country :p[DOUBLEPOST=1525242668][/DOUBLEPOST]
even today the prices in India are not in par with that time. remembered buying my first WD 1TB in ~2k. Cloud storage is cheaper and more redundant these days.

Customs duty is 0% on computer parts. What we have to pay extra is GST @18%. This should be the only price differential. If they cost more, it is a case of distributor price gouging.

what you saying is BCD , what about other charges ?
IGST - 18%, Compensation Cess - 1%, Education Cess 1 - 1%, Education Cess 2 - 1%, list just goes on..

See an example, they advertise only 10% duty.
cTV8xJe.png

The ground reality and documented rules never matched here, one way or the other 30% will be extra.
also read this:- https://www.livemint.com/Industry/T...-in-Budget-2018-to-promote-Make-in-India.html

I'm surprised people in this thread or in general, haven't come across Nvidia India selling cards directly from their website...

All Founder's Edition cards ofcourse.

1070/1070ti - 37.5k OOS.
http://www.nvidia.in/graphics-cards/geforce/pascal/gtx-1070/

1080 - 45K *In Stock*
http://www.nvidia.in/graphics-cards/geforce/pascal/gtx-1080/ -

1080Ti - 57k *In Stock*
http://www.nvidia.in/graphics-cards/geforce/pascal/gtx-1080-ti/ -

You're welcome. :)
This is something new. Last time I checked, the buying option wasn't there just the specs or maybe I missed it. Thank you.

I'm surprised people in this thread or in general, haven't come across Nvidia India selling cards directly from their website...

wow, i thought only EVGA sells card directly. Thanks :D
Rs. 57,000/- is still 43% cheaper than amazon India for 1080TI.[DOUBLEPOST=1525250982][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is something new. Last time I checked, the buying option wasn't there just the specs or maybe I missed it. Thank you.
Yes, i heard they (AMD+Nvidia) ditching 3rd party vendors and coming to market directly.
soon there wont be any XFX, Zotec, Sapphire, ASUS, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, i heard they (AMD+Nvidia) ditching

Nada that's not gonna happen ever. You not gonna sell your own bun to every corner or doorstep dont you.
You will always require these channel partners, retailers and dealers. Else you cant dedicatedly concentrate on production and rnd but massive time will be wasted into marketing and shit.
Its a chain will remain intact just with some rules playing now & then.

Yes, i heard they (AMD+Nvidia) ditching 3rd party vendors and coming to market directly.
That is just a rumor, AIB partners aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
wow, i thought only EVGA sells card directly. Thanks :D
Rs. 57,000/- is still 43% cheaper than amazon India for 1080TI.[DOUBLEPOST=1525250982][/DOUBLEPOST]
In US too they sell directly on their website. But most of the sales happen from these 3rd party manufacturers. so zotac asus aren't going anywhere

^ see, most of the time, they are out of stock. Plus 3rd party retailers sell their cards with custom cooler designs and factory overclocking. nvidia and amd sell only their reference designs out of their website

If price issues goes on then 3rd parties will opt out offering custom addons like cooling solutions, oc capabilities, rgbs etc to name few. Coz that's where the price burdens and naturally increases the overall card price. Also not to forget their various card editions. If they are at loss or are forced to reduce prices then we might also see somewhat reference cards with some branding with only nominal addons on those cards and will pay just slightly more than what wr are paying now.:rolleyes:

For someone who never OCs reference cards are gem for them. Me being one of them. My next card might be a reference one.;)

^ problem with reference card is iffy after sales service too. third party companies generally have good after sales.
as someone who never overclocks, I prefer factory overclock cards especially asus strix cards

I recently sourced gigabyte oc force 1070 for 24k from OLX. 2 of those. A 1080 for 32k and a 1080ti for 40k. All for friends who were waiting a year for upgrading :D

These were all mining cards and were used for under 4 months or so.

^ problem with reference card is iffy after sales service too. third party companies generally have good after sales.
as someone who never overclocks, I prefer factory overclock cards especially asus strix cards
after sales support is through Rashi

How is rashi support nowadays? Have they improved?

They seemed ok when i went to replace Toshiba HDD.Not sure if they are stil crap for other stuff. Had very bad experience with Asus boards and a DOA asus card.

If someone is interested. All Pascal cards are back in stock at Nvidia India Website at the time of posting this reply.

Back