Graphic Cards Graphics card makers will be forced to slash prices after GPU shipments fall by 40%

Wait for a couple of months - Next gen is round the corner. I am presuming that in coming 6 months GTX 1xxx series will have major price drop plus many miners would be also offloading their current set up.

Wait for a couple of months - Next gen is round the corner. I am presuming that in coming 6 months GTX 1xxx series will have major price drop plus many miners would be also offloading their current set up.
I've noticed that whenever a new product launches, our @#$%^&* distributors don't reduce prices of old cards but instead they jack up the price of the new ones.

I've noticed that whenever a new product launches, our @#$%^&* distributors don't reduce prices of old cards but instead they jack up the price of the new ones.
This time its expected to be different. Once new card launches they are expected to perform quite well in mining due to them having gddr6. We will have plenty to choose from in the 2nd hand market!!

This time its expected to be different. Once new card launches they are expected to perform quite well in mining due to them having gddr6. We will have plenty to choose from in the 2nd hand market!!
Second hand? But you wont be sure on not getting card used for mining. Nor the seller ever gonna disclose.

AS long as the card has good amount of warranty remaining and price is a steal it would be ok deal i think. Manufacturer warranty is important to have in 2nd hand market when buying cards used for mining.
Look at current trend. Miners sell their 1070 for as low as 23k for the 3fan version. and gamers selling same cards 2 years old for 33k-37k.

It was obvious that prices of GPU's will be slashed to half with the arrival of the new shipment. Now the issue is that there are already too many used GPU available in the market which will give a new stock a tough time.

Have some patience my friend people must have done It could be an artificial surge in order to maintain card prices.

I think you misunderstood me; I wasn't referring to the current mining craze. I meant prices have never been slashed on older hardware since gpu's started being sold in India.

The lowest launch price for the 1060 was 24-25k for the 6gb model. no matter how oversupplied the market gets it will not drop below that level.
Even if the new gpu comes in at a lower price, they will still overprice the old one.

Just look at the prices of the previous gen - gtx 970=40k, 980=45k and 980ti=75k

https://www.amazon.in/GTX-970-GAMING-4G-G/dp/B00NOP536Y?tag=googinhydr18418-21
https://www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-Graphics-Card/dp/B00NVVDHB4
https://www.amazon.in/Zotac-DisplayPort-Graphics-MaxwellTM-architecture/dp/B00YNEIAWY

none of these are good mining cards yet they have ridiculous prices.

Hell, even the gtx 770 is priced at 34k out of stock (https://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdmt4uhstmxfzg)
The in-stock 770's were priced above 50k

amd gpu's are in an entirely different league altogether.

Distributors are !@#$%^&

Last edited:
It was obvious that prices of GPU's will be slashed to half with the arrival of the new shipment. Now the issue is that there are already too many used GPU available in the market which will give a new stock a tough time.
You're being over-optimistic. Once the new Gen GPU launches prices of old Gen GPU might normalize but they probably won't drop.

In India i have not seen older cards getting cheaper, at least not since Nvidia's 9800GT days.
Even tahiti cards from AMD sell at their retail prices of 2012.

Sometimes I feel here too its just brand factor. Just like an adidas fanboy will buy plain shoes which looks shitty crap and not even worth even 500bucks still selling at 5k coz such idiots buy it blind headed jusy due to brand loyalty.
I'm not saying that gpu aint worth at all in terms of performance etc but just a feel of brand factor. Look at amd cards which are reasonably priced at least compared to nvidia.

Prices of card never drop below certain point even after multiple new gens launch. Local dealers might sell at a discounted price to clear stocks at a later date however Online prices are always high for old gen computer items and should not be considered as a baseline.. Even old gen motherboard and cpu cost a ton compared to new one's.

Back