Budget 31-40k Graphics card question - Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

Perfectly okay. I'm using a reference 2070 Super. If you are willing to spend 40, get the 2070 Super. It is significantly faster than the 2060 Super as it has the TU104 chip with larger caches.

2060 Super for 35k makes no sense when it is barely 8-10% faster than a vanilla 2060. I got the latter for just 21200 in an mdcomputers.in sale for my second PC.

Perfectly okay. I'm using a reference 2070 Super. If you are willing to spend 40, get the 2070 Super. It is significantly faster than the 2060 Super as it has the TU104 chip with larger caches.

2060 Super for 35k makes no sense when it is barely 8-10% faster than a vanilla 2060. I got the latter for just 21200 in an mdcomputers.in sale for my second PC.

Thanks. Will the 'faster' help me in flight simulator games?

Any link to that 2070 super for 40K?
Post automatically merged:

Also, what about the new AMD RX 5700 Xt. How would that compare with the Nvidias?

Last edited:
Thanks. Will the 'faster' help me in flight simulator games?

Any link to that 2070 super for 40K?

Also, what about the new AMD RX 5700 Xt. How would that compare with the Nvidias?

It is 43000 or so on the same site. Not sure if it is stock right now - I had to keep looking for stock all the time before I got mine - it sells out real soon due to its extreme value for money price.

RX 5700XT cards with decent cooling are all seriously overpriced in India. They should be priced below 36k to make any sense buying them.

What flight sim games do you plan to play? If it is the old FSX or X-Plane, both are heavily CPU bound and work best with CPUs that have the highest single core frequencies.

SO, looking at the Zotac. Is that a reliable brand? The 2070 Super Amp Extreme. Seems to have decent reviews on Youtube.
The 20 series zotacs have a bad vrm design. I'd avoid it. The best cards are the MSI Gaming X Trio and Asus ROG Strix. The former has really bad service in India in case something goes wrong and the latter is grossly overpriced.

The reference cards in comparison have a very decent cooler, awesome aesthetics, excellent VRM design, good pricing and is backed by awesome service - one guy I know who had an issue with a first gen card(pre-super) got a brand new replacement within 3-4 days.

Another thing apparently is that NVIDIA these days keeps the best silicon for themselves and gives the rest to others. The general consensus is that the reference cards consistently overclock the highest - if you are into overclocking.

The 20 series zotacs have a bad vrm design. I'd avoid it. The best cards are the MSI Gaming X Trio and Asus ROG Strix. The former has really bad service in India in case something goes wrong and the latter is grossly overpriced.

The reference cards in comparison have a very decent cooler, awesome aesthetics, excellent VRM design, good pricing and is backed by awesome service - one guy I know who had an issue with a first gen card(pre-super) got a brand new replacement within 3-4 days.

Another thing apparently is that NVIDIA these days keeps the best silicon for themselves and gives the rest to others. The general consensus is that the reference cards consistently overclock the highest - if you are into overclocking.

Oh, Thanks. That article I posted said that the reference cards usually had the worst cooling. So, you would recommend the reference card as my first choice? I have no clue about overclocking.

Oh, Thanks. That article I posted said that the reference cards usually had the worst cooling. So, you would recommend the reference card as my first choice? I have no clue about overclocking.

The deal with the reference cards is that every card from 2070 Super onwards uses the same cooler. So while it is probably inadequate for a 2080 Ti, it is really good on the much cooler running 2070 Super. Mine maxes out at 70 degrees inside a pretty warm case with below par airflow(Phanteks Evolv ATX).

Well, the reference cards are only in stock on the 2060 Super. Now, you have me convinced about the 2070 Super.

How would this be? I would like one with a USB C port.

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB

Prior to the 2xxx series all the nvidia reference designs were a single-fan blower type hence (older) articles will say avoid reference. The new design is a much better dual-fan cooler so if its priced competitively, then go for it.

Back