Graphic Cards Graphics Card Suggestions, LCD Display + CRT monitor = Dual Display Setup?

Gaurish

ex-Mod
This sunday, while cleaning my closet. I found that I still had my old 17" CRT monitor lying unused :p so I thought, why not plug it in my desktop along with my 22" HD LCD display. I could use a extra screen & the CRT monitor is lying unused anyway ;)

they have the following connectors:
LCD: DVI + VGA(D-Sub)
CRT: VGA(D-Sub) only

So, I want to know which graphics card I should get for Dual display setup?

That is a good idea.
even my 17" CRT is lying unused for a year after i got a 22" LCD.
I think it would be interesting (and look uber cool) to have two screens if possible. But cant think of much practical use of it in everyday use.
Will surely be watching this thread.

@guptavis
I develop software, so I have text editor & AP reference docs open at all times & I have constantly switch between them using ALT+TAB. reading some function from docs then using ALT+TAB to use the function in my code. So have an option to have the docs and text editor open at same time would be huge productivity boost. I will let you know this experiment goes

OP You can go for Sapphire HD6670 1GB-4.9k SAPPHIRE HD6670 1GB DDR3 128-bit 6670 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Graphic Card
It has DVI,D-SUB and HDMI Connectivity so you can connect Dual Monitor to it.Hope this helps.:)

I was looking for a low-profile card which takes low power and is silent. I am thinking of getting Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card which costs just 2k and comes without any fan.

so is this a good option for dual display setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want something that low profile and silent then this would be a better option-
Sapphire HD5450-1.9k,It has both DVI,D-SUb and HDMI connectivity options and it doesn't have fan and it's very low power consuming.SAPPHIRE 100292DDR3L Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 Graphic Card
The power consumption of HD5450 is less than GT210 and performance is better-http://www.hwcompare.com/376/geforce-gt-210-vs-radeon-hd-5450/
Hope this helps.:)
I was looking for a low-profile card which takes low power and is silent. I am thinking of getting Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card which costs just 2k and comes without any fan.

so is this a good option for dual display setup?

Back