Budget 90k+ Graphics workstation

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • want a brand new system
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 8700k or 8700
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - GTX1070 or 1080
    • PSU - Best Power Supply Units
    • Ram - 32GB, not sure which one to buy
    • SSD - 256gb, perhaps samsung evo, not sure
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • 3ds Max, VR applications, Gaming Engines
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • na
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • na
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Full HD now, 4k later
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not now but might in future, only mild overclocking, not extreme
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Your choice of components is very good. For a PSU, I would endorse a Seasonic M12II 520 or any other depending on your budget provided it is at least 80+bronze and is from a reputable manufacturer.

However, you may want to take a look at your applications if they favor more cores. If yes, then you may want to think about AMD Ryzen 7 as they have 8C/8T. If they favor single core performance, then i7 8700k is a very good choice.

I would also change that SSD to 500GB because 250GB just doesn't cut it these days. Your budget comfortably allows that upgrade. Or, a more expensive option is to get a 256GB M.2 drive and one 256GB SATA SSD like samsung 850 evo.

If 4k is your target at 60 FPS, then get 1080 at least or 1080ti preferably. 1070 is good for 1080p 100Hz or 2k 60 Hz.

For RAM, my personal favorite is Gskill trident Z RGB. However, it is really upto you and any brand such as Corsair or Gskill is excellent. Whatever motherboard you end up deciding to buy, just check its QVL for supported RAM and get that. And yes, get a single kit of 32GB. Do not mix and match even if they are exactly same SKUs. This is for higher reliability and compatibility.

If you are not overclocking, then a simple air cooler such as CM Hyper evo will be okay to run the CPU at stock. However, for OC it, you will need a heftier cooler or maybe even a liquid cooler.

first i fail to see how 8700k is beef and second am i the only one here who prefers win7 over whatever came after that?
Oh! never knew you only take into account a single component and consider it a beef whereas I counted all the components as a whole considering a beef. Anyways if you feel this to-be-built system aint a beef then your hefty budget is a total waste.
And if you wanna highlight that 1.4lacs aint a hefty budget then no words further!

Easy guys.. let's not have a RED vs BLUE here but yeah.. any system that's at a 1.4L mark is indeed well qualified to be called beefy. I know mine probably touched 1.2 definitely and I'd definitely like to have it considered as beefy lol.

Then again please don't report me or other beefy owners to the vigilantes.. with the beef ban n all.. don't want to have misunderstandings and explanations in courts [emoji13]

so coming back to the topic does anyone have any idea about the availability of asrock Z370 Taichi in India? and thanks atiamd for your pointers. cheers mate :)

so coming back to the topic does anyone have any idea about the availability of asrock Z370 Taichi in India? and thanks atiamd for your pointers. cheers mate :)
No availability! ASRock coffee lake boards haven't landed in India yet. Their distribution is terrible. It is the same case with asrock ryzen boards. None of the high end ones in stock.

Back