Great speed in India, Poor speed abroad

^^Another point to note is that speedtests don't always reflect true download speed.Maybe a dl manager with 8 simultaneous connections will be able to manage 100mbps from a US server which a speedtest couldn't.

Always test using Fast.com. I gave up speedtest long time ago as mostly everything is compromised on speedtest and I suspect foul play.
And when i compare live both speedtest and fast along with idm, idm speed ratio and fast.com matches perfect.

Always test using Fast.com. I gave up speedtest long time ago as mostly everything is compromised on speedtest and I suspect foul play.
And when i compare live both speedtest and fast along with idm, idm speed ratio and fast.com matches perfect.

you should stop using fast.com as well. isps have started peering to netflix servers so fast.com will show you full speed. its like testing your connections on isps server.

rather use testmy.net
also test by downloading files in real time from several sources that dont restrict bandwidth.
also test by watching video streams hosted on different sites - this will show you the true quality of your connection. mine is absolutely horse s h i t . downloading speeds are good but video streaming buffers like crazy to the point where i cant even watch a 720p video without buffering every sec. so called 75Mbps i have :) isp is excitel btw if you havent guessed it already

I forgot to mention, I have started using speedtest to see the max peering speed my ISP is now giving. I plan to ask him why my Youtube maxes at 30M while speedtest goes till 88M.

I forgot to mention, I have started using speedtest to see the max peering speed my ISP is now giving. I plan to ask him why my Youtube maxes at 30M while speedtest goes till 88M.

Are you seriously expecting a logical answer from an indian isp ? :p

Speedtest from Sikka residential connection in lucknow to Comcast speedtest server gives an upload speed of 4mbps. Doing it the reverse direction from comcast residential connection to Sikka speedtest server gives a download speed 60mbps!

Sikka seems to have the tap fully open for speedtest purposes, but the bandwidth is throttled otherwise.

Speedtest from Sikka residential connection in lucknow to Comcast speedtest server gives an upload speed of 4mbps. Doing it the reverse direction from comcast residential connection to Sikka speedtest server gives a download speed 60mbps!

Sikka seems to have the tap fully open for speedtest purposes, but the bandwidth is throttled otherwise.

Speedtest servers will usually have bandwidth open from their end, your ISP is going the same for his. However, your international bandwidth is throttled, speedtest or not.

As per my understanding Sikka has very less International bandwidth and they're totally relying on Peering setup unlike ACT or Airtel who have decent amounts of bandwidth.
Airtel isn't any better unfortunately.
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.35.33 PM.jpeg

Also, WTF -
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.39.27 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
ACT Gigabit internet:

University of north florida ,Jacksonville,FL
7451909156.png

NewMedia Express,singapore
7451912154.png

Can you try some other server of US,because i think there is some issue with University of north florida ,Jacksonville,FL server.
Try
AT&T Jacksonville, FL
or comcast Jacksonville, FL
speedtest ,NewYork etc
these are big internet players....there server links might be fast enough for you gigabit internet.

^^ Proper way of testing broadband connection Speeds is through LAN.

Stopped Conducting tests through WiFi and end up in illogical conclusions!
What makes you think it was tested via wifi ??

FYI, even if i test via WiFi the end result will be the same, coz my wireless LAN practical bandwidth is upward of 600 Mbps.

Last edited:
Back