Great speed in India, Poor speed abroad

mine is absolutely horse s h i t . downloading speeds are good but video streaming buffers like crazy to the point where i cant even watch a 720p video without buffering every sec. so called 75Mbps i have :) isp is excitel btw if you havent guessed it already
Is the buffering due to routing issues by any chance? I've used similar net supposedly-dedicated to my old IT institute. Downloading was a blaze but streaming... O.M.G. I couldn't even watch twitch because of the constant buffering even at 360p lol.
And is your location Delhi? Excitel was praised in some threads some time ago on this forum itself. Check it out if you haven't.

Not a surprise two Lords have some of the best net speeds around here :) Lord @Darth Vader @Lord Nemesis
ACT Gigabit internet:

University of north florida ,Jacksonville,FL
7451909156.png

NewMedia Express,singapore
7451912154.png
Speeds that I am getting now. Note that my ACT connection is now 200Mbps.

Last edited:
I noticed the same for me recently on my Railwire connection. The server they choose by default gives good value and ping. When I choose a server in US or London, ping and speed takes a nose dive.

I just got BSNL's FTTH setup today (woohoo) at my home. 100 mbps plan 1277 with 750 GB monthly FUP. Getting full speeds up and down local (india/Pune) as well as a bunch of different locations worldwide.

Am really surprised BSNL providing such speeds when even people like Jio/Airtel apparently throttle internationally.

I just got BSNL's FTTH setup today (woohoo) at my home. 100 mbps plan 1277 with 750 GB monthly FUP. Getting full speeds up and down local (india/Pune) as well as a bunch of different locations worldwide.

Am really surprised BSNL providing such speeds when even people like Jio/Airtel apparently throttle internationally.

Post some speed results then. Good for you

Post some speed results then. Good for you

Too lazy to post screenshots, you'll have to take my word for it :D[DOUBLEPOST=1538397020][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397097][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397180][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397344][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397509][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397592][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397858][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1538397954][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:
I have not seen any ISP in India putting such restrictions on P2P/Downloads. They're dictating what to do and when to do.:(

Our 1:1 product users do not need to worry about traffic management as they always have dedicated access to their subscribed line speeds. We ask users of our shared services (example 1:2 / 1:4 etc.) to consider the times during the day when you are performing very heavy downloads and uploads. This is particularly relevant for peer to peer applications and we recommend that you set these larger file downloads between 18:00 – 08:00. Most of these applications allow you to set schedules, so they automatically connect overnight.

SBPL’s Traffic Management policy is based on current best internet industry practice and draws on the collective experience of users and service providers across the internet community. We may change the Traffic Management Policy from time to time. Please keep up to date with our Traffic Management Policy by checking on a regular basis to ensure that you will not be affected.

What are the traffic restrictions on domestic broadband packages?
During peak hours (10:00 to 18:00), we do restrict the speed at which you can download (to 0.5Mbps). However, if you schedule your heavy usage between 18:00 and 08:00 you’ll get access to your available line speed without any restrictions.

Back