Grey's Anatomy

I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy myself but have heard a lot of buzz around it, especially around 4-5 years back! Now what I know about the show is that it is a romantic medical drama, but in essence it remains a character drama. The show consists of some really strong and well-written characters; you'll have a favorite or two in no time. It is said to have a unique and interesting storylines, amazing actors and actresses and a truly awesome music and good direction. The show is said to teach lessons by bringing out emotions that no other show is able to do.

I really hope to watch it, but it has 17 seasons which might take me an eternity to complete the show. However, I do watch a similar show called This Is Us (it's not a medical drama, it's more like a family dramedy). But similarly, the show features well-rounded characters, a brilliant narrative and some really good soundtrack and transitions.
It's currently running its season 5 and if not Grey's Anatomy, you might want to give This Is Us a shot.

if your going for drama then i would suggest scandal, suits. grey's anatomy is their version of 'kabhi saans bhi kabhi bahu thi'. it keeps going..

go for house MD :D
That's actually a good suggestion. I love House's character, no matter how smug or arrogant he might seem on the show. He's totally badass. His chemistry with Wilson is superb (not implying that he's gay).

To be honest, I have never been able to watch that show in one sitting for more than 2-3 episodes and haven't even finished watching all the seasons, might have just watched 3 so far. But it's one of those shows that I can always resume watching once when I can't find anything exciting enough. It's my second favourite filler show after FRIENDS.

Although, it's a longish one with 8 seasons, but better than Grey's which has 17 (I don't think I would ever have the time to watch in in my lifetime).

Great show till S08 but after that story really takes a hit and it all starts going downhill after S11 (Grey's watcher will know what I am referring to).
Right now, it's just a pass time show.

Back