Status
Not open for further replies.

anu0512

Adept
For Sale !

GSKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 MHz 16 GB DIMM

• Product Name, Manufacturers code & URL:
  • Expected Price: Rs 14,000/-
  • Source and Time of Purchase: Bought from Amazon.in in June 2018.
  • Reason for Sale: Dismantling my newly-built desktop and selling off the components. No fire sale this.
  • RMA/Servicing history: Never serviced or RMA'ed
  • Product Condition: Perfect condition but Heatspreader removed.
  • Purchase Invoice Available: Yes
  • Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: No because Heatspreader removed
  • Accessories Included: None provided by company except 1 Original G.Skill Logo Sticker
  • Product Location: Mumbai, Maharashta Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
  • Preferred Courier: DTDC. Or else Blue Dart
  • Shipping Charges: Extra (exact amount dependant on weight). Product will be shipped by the premium version of DTDC/Bluedart respectively (ie. DTDC Blue/Plus & Blue Dart Air/Premium
  • Payment Options: Bank transfer (NEFT/IMPS)

Attachments

• 3200 (1).jpeg
    3200 (1).jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 3200 (2).jpeg
    3200 (2).jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 3200 (3).jpeg
    3200 (3).jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Unfortunately you basically ruined any chance of sale by removing the heatsinks. Why did you do that?

I'd have bought it if they were intact and the modules were in warranty as I'm looking to upgrade to 64GB.

"Removed the heatspreader for better heat circulation (especially with 4 sticks in immediately adjacent slots - with 2 sticks one installs in 1st & 3rd slot, with 4 sticks you don't have that advantage)".
Also, I checked the temperature before & after removing heatspreader- massive drop in temperature (7-8° C)

"Removed the heatspreader for better heat circulation (especially with 4 sticks in immediately adjacent slots - with 2 sticks one installs in 1st & 3rd slot, with 4 sticks you don't have that advantage)".
Also, I checked the temperature before & after removing heatspreader- massive drop in temperature (7-8° C)

RAM temperatures barely matter ever unless you are looking to hit ram clocking records. If you were so worried, you could just have pointed a fan at it. They are rated to work at 3200 MHz @ 1.35V and they will - even with heatsinks. Now there is no way to verify the authenticity of these sticks nor any warranty.

RAM temperatures barely matter ever unless you are looking to hit ram clocking records. If you were so worried, you could just have pointed a fan at it. They are rated to work at 3200 MHz @ 1.35V and they will - even with heatsinks. Now there is no way to verify the authenticity of these sticks nor any warranty.

When I took out the heatspreader I was only bothered about whether I myself wanted to do it or not, I wasn't bothered about selling at that time. That's also one reason why I bought 64gb.
There are many ways to authenticate the dimms. The dimms itself have Micron label chips (for 2400 mhz) with all the specs mentioned on it. Apart from that the SPD will also provide all the information. It also supports Intel's XMP which probably require a certificate from Intel.
Also, as far as I know there are absolutely no 16gb DDR4 dimms in the market which are anything but authentic. (An original GSkill logo sticker was also provided). And if producing a high quality unauthentic 16gb DDR4 dimm is easy then producing a piece of metal heatspreader to go along with that is literally trivial in comparison.

When I took out the heatspreader I was only bothered about whether I myself wanted to do it or not, I wasn't bothered about selling at that time. That's also one reason why I bought 64gb.
There are many ways to authenticate the dimms. The dimms itself have Micron label chips (for 2400 mhz) with all the specs mentioned on it. Apart from that the SPD will also provide all the information. It also supports Intel's XMP which probably require a certificate from Intel.

XMP/SPD can be rewritten with a flashing tool like Thaipoon burner. You don't need to go to Intel or anyone else for that. It proves nothing. Neither do the 2400 MHz rated micron chips. The reason 3200 costs more than 2133 or 2400 is because the manufacturer tests each dimm for rigorous periods of time and then bins them based on speeds it passed. The only certificate of authenticity of a ram stick is the sticker on with the manufacturer's hologram.

XMP/SPD can be rewritten with a flashing tool like Thaipoon burner. You don't need to go to Intel or anyone else for that. It proves nothing. Neither do the 2400 MHz rated micron chips. The reason 3200 costs more than 2133 or 2400 is because the manufacturer tests each dimm for rigorous periods of time and then bins them based on speeds it passed. The only certificate of authenticity of a ram stick is the sticker on with the manufacturer's hologram.

I know how RAM sticks or even CPU's are binned. That has been the case since the time of the first DRAM (or even earlier). Regarding the hologram sticker, absolutely none of the GSkill RIPJAWS V come with any hologram whatsoever, on the heatspreader or otherwise. I find it difficult to believe that each & every dimm in the market is unauthentic. Also, there are no 16gb DDR4 dimms on the market afaik.

I know how RAM sticks or even CPU's are binned. That has been the case since the time of the first DRAM (or even earlier). Regarding the hologram sticker, absolutely none of the GSkill RIPJAWS V come with any hologram whatsoever, on the heatspreader or otherwise. I find it difficult to believe that each & every dimm in the market is unauthentic. Also, there are no 16gb DDR4 dimms on the market afaik.

Mine has a warranty void if tampered sticker and another one with gskill logo and hologram with timings. As for 16GB DDR4 generic dimms, there are plenty. Here's one with micron chips

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-16GB-...UTF8&qid=1534220722&sr=1-9&keywords=16GB+DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back