GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: GTA 4 - PC (Requires 4GB RAM to run on HIGH)

Those specs are just insane....4gb ram! wth...my dreams of playin are gone with the wind....:(
You will only be able to play on low graphics with a geforce 7900 gtx or gt2!! lmao.....

The 4GB ram would most probably be utilized to keep the adjacent sections of the city in the RAM itself for quickly loading them. But really, any serious gamer would atleast had 2GB ram for about more than an year now atleast. So i guess it is obviously time to upgrade to 4GB, and really, it is not that expensive, just 2K.

If the graphics are as bad as on the consoles in spite of all those requirements, then I would would say this is going to be really one bad port of a game.

well..it is a very subjective factor..it all depends on how you define playable..some prefer gameplay over eye candy..some want to game at its full glory even if that means occasional slowdowns..

I, wont mind playing this game at 1024*768 with medium settings...because that is how i have been playing all my life having owned a mid-gen card (during those times)

- With a Low-PC (AMD X2 4000+, 1 GB RAM and GeForce 8600 GT) u can play it on 1024x728 and low details without droprates..
- Using a Pentium D or an other Single-Core-CPU the Game crashed..
- ATI Radeon Cards have a lot problems with the performance. It will be fix soon, Take2 said.
- Also with Geforce 7series Cards there are problems.. it will be fix, too.

Crap!
My config doesn't even come close to the above mentioned LOW-PC ! :S
And i thought my ATI X1200 igc:ashamed: would run GTA 4 on low and yeah let's not forget the 1gb ram!?

Played GTA ,GTA2 ,GTA 3 ,VC,SA and now NO GTA4 !? :bomb:

joy1 said:
As Per GTA forums you need 4 GB RAM to run the game on high settings.

I only have 2 GB RAM and have pre-ordered from predatorvj.Lets see if this is true , then I'll have to buy more RAM

Source :-

GTAForums.com -> German Magazine tests the PC Version

So? - Its only like 900 bucks for 1 GB. WTF are you complaining about?

I remember buying 4 GB back in the days when it was 4.5K per GB.

wooot got ma 4gb rams :hap2: :tongue: proc come 2 me ...:S :( Bring it on ll it run fine on my 9600gso ?? 15 " crt though ...:ashamed: :ashamed:

Vandal said:
So? - Its only like 900 bucks for 1 GB. WTF are you complaining about?

I remember buying 4 GB back in the days when it was 4.5K per GB.

LOL, its even cheaper. GSkill 4GBPQ 1000MHz is for $45 on newegg. Thinking whether I should get another one of these kits for a total of 8GB and install Vista 64bit just for the heck of it.

OT: Lord Nemesis --- Vista 64 bit works absolutely fine on my rig. E8400 + 4GB RAM

Nikhil said:
OT: Lord Nemesis --- Vista 64 bit works absolutely fine on my rig. E8400 + 4GB RAM

I know that, I am just saying that for utilizing 8GB RAM, you need to have a 64 Bit OS like Vista 64bit.

Gulp!
Still,A 3GB RAM And A 256 MB Card(Budget)Will Hopefully Be Able To Run The Game,At Least In Low Spec...

Lord Nemesis said:
I know that, I am just saying that for utilizing 8GB RAM, you need to have a 64 Bit OS like Vista 64bit.

OT: What OS're you currently using? XP 64bit? :S

Back