GTA IV - Driving Camera Help Needed!

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hi!

I just installed GTA IV and started playing it. But one thing that is putting me completely off is the camera angle while driving in the game. How on earth can I get the camera to lock onto the rear of the car so that when I take turns at the corner without bumping into other vehicles? (I'm playing with mouse and keyboard.)

What's happening now is the camera is totally unlike previous GTA titles like VC or GTA III. When I'm turning while driving the camera stays in straight view which makes it virtually impossible to see the street I'm turning onto. Each time while taking turns I have to move the mouse to change the camera angle which is pretty darn annoying!

Is there a fix for this, so that I can have the camera function like in GTA III or Vice City?

TIA

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

55 views and no replies?... please guys need some pointers to know if this problem can be solved?

Yea dude.. you will have to get used to driving with your left hand and controlling camera with your right like you do on foot. Thats the only way, i guess. There are missions, later on, where you have to shoot while driving and this is the only way you can do that.

Initially, I also had some trouble, but quickly got used to it.

pretttt said:
Yea dude.. you will have to get used to driving with your left hand and controlling camera with your right like you do on foot. Thats the only way, i guess. There are missions, later on, where you have to shoot while driving and this is the only way you can do that.

Initially, I also had some trouble, but quickly got used to it.
Thanks for replying mate :)

I was hoping if there was a patch/mod that solves this problem. I guess then I have to get used to it. Really does feel pretty awkward at first.

No, there is no fix for the camera problem. Even after 5 patches, the bug still remains. Unfortunately, as others said, you have to get used to it.

hmm.. i dont think it is a bug actually. They intended the camera to be independent from the driving. Like I said, there are several missions which involve shooting while driving and this is why they have made driving and camera independent.

First Person Mod

Hey man, this may not be the best solution and it ain't like a 3rd person view. But there's a mod called the first person mod, which allows you to view the GTA IV world, as if you were viewing it from Niko's eyes. Somehow the mod places the camera where Niko's eyes are. Just search gtaforums.com for this mod, and install the latest version.

GTA IV is my favorite game. Hope you have a blast playing it.

Cheers mate! :)

Haven't u played GTA - San Andreas ?

even i was earlier frustrated with San Andreas & got used to it ! the View angle/Chase camera ain't Fixed, its Independent. Accelerate on ur Left, & look over on ur preferred hand ( right ) Mouse ! & u may even try lowering the sensitivity of the mouse , it might help u :)

& GTA IV - Niko Bellic 4TW :p !

Oh yeah, and one last thing to help you solve this issue once and for all, when the car camera goes too much out of whack, you can always press Q or E for a split second, and this helps to position it back into it's default central position. I forgot to mention HOW the first person mod helps you out, it does so because it even works when Niko is driving as well. So you'll be inside the cockpit of the car when he's driving and the latest version of the mod includes a button to switch in and out of the first person view to and fro from the default view . Please tell us how you're getting along now?

Sorry I can't understand. When you say same here, what are you referring to? What do you like better and what is that previous thing that you are comparing it to? And about those helicopter missions being irritating - how is that relevant to the topic at hand?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry, but I really cannot understand what you're saying. What are you referring to when you say same here? What do you like better now, and what is that previous thing that you didn't like as much? What do irritating helicopter missions have to do with the topic at hand?

I meant i wasn't used to controlling the cam and the car at the same time,but when u get used to it ,playing like that is more fun,but in the helicopter its hard to fly it and control the cam you'll see.

"Helicopter missions" - if by chance you are referring to the "Sexy Time" mission in TBoGT, then you can try one trick to make it very easy. As soon as you get into the chopper, switch to first person camera. Makes it very easy. I struggled for almost 1 hour with the normal 3rd person camera. The switched to this and completed it in my second try.

Back