GTA V - Discussion Thread

PC release is always delayed with Rockstar games, May Payne 3 being the only exception. But it should eventually end up on PC. The only concern is what engine would they be using and how optimised is it going to be.

Yea, I just hope they release it in 2013 only. Hope they don't push it all the way to 2014. About the engine, if they can release it with out being buggy and laggy with good mouse support and standard graphic settings like AA, then the delay would be acceptable.

534514_10151314359580097_1291978157_n.jpg

^^ guess i have to buy console exclusively to play gta 5 on release date ! why rockstar delay such hyped game for pc? I have just purchased zotac 560ti :(

PC release is always delayed with Rockstar games, May Payne 3 being the only exception. But it should eventually end up on PC. The only concern is what engine would they be using and how optimised is it going to be.

i think its the same RAGE engine. Rockstar spent a fortune on developing this engine, many speculate GTA V will be on the same tuned & heavily modified RAGE Engine.
Just like Read Dead Redemption .

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

Not good :(

- - - Updated - - -

Well they haven denied the existence of the PC version so

GTA 5 second trailer dated for next week

Grand Theft Auto 5 will get a new trailer next week, Rockstar has announced at last, answering the fervent prayers of millions.

According to a Rockstar Newswire post, the new trailer is due on Wednesday, November 14, and will appear both on the blog and at the game’s official site.
The trailer was expected this week but was delayed by problems at Rockstar’s New York offices caused by Hurricane Sandy. Having expected a major news update this week, fans were vocal in their disappointment; Rockstar felt the need to issue a stern set down.

Source: GTA 5 second trailer dated for next week | VG247

i don't think one should even doubt that gta 5 would be on rage,they made it for their games and have been using it for all their AAA games since gta iv, i guess.and anyway, judging by that first trailer,one can easily make out the typical rockstar "rage" graphics,so this is a done-deal.i expect good performance since mp3 ran so well.

i don't think one should even doubt that gta 5 would be on rage,they made it for their games and have been using it for all their AAA games since gta iv, i guess.and anyway, judging by that first trailer,one can easily make out the typical rockstar "rage" graphics,so this is a done-deal.i expect good performance since mp3 ran so well.

Eh.. MP3 ran so well because there was so much less going on in it. Most of the game was indoors. There were some outdoor scenes, but even in that there was only a small, very linear path that the player could walk and explore. On the other hand, GTA is massive open world, with lots of AI characters and vehicles all the time. MP3 is nothing like GTA. We could probably compare GTA with LA Noire, but IIRC, LA Noire wasn't RAGE.

But, having said that, I do agree with your statement that GTA5 would most likely be on RAGE.

its sure that rockstar games will not release gta 5 for pc as will consoles thats sure.. they might release the game around oct or nov.

Day by day I'm getting fed up of both my consoles due to the pathetic quality of the graphics but looking at the delayed releases for PC I'm apprehensive about building a monster rig.

I guess the focus on consoles is due to the mass appeal and that also explains the continued dumbing down of the default difficulty of the recent games.

All the GTA franchises have wound up on PC Platform(Except the hand held versions of course) one way or the other, since GTA5 being a huge release from R* i think the PC version will definetley be there but after few weeks or months after console release infact the gangs you create in MP3 can be imported into GTA V so that atleast partially confirms the existence of a PC version.

Back