Graphic Cards Gtx 1060 vs 1070,too confusing

PH0ENiX

Skilled
hi guys i am getting a gpu from u.s now my problem is that i absolutely cannot decide between a 1060 and 1070.both gpus have 3 years international warranty,liquid cooling warranty and overclocking warranty.

GTX 1070 comes with 80usd worth of stuff (gears 4,evga powerlink)

evga 1060 3gb
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-03G-P4-6160-KR/dp/B01KU2CIKM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476176913&sr=8-3&keywords=gtx+1060&th=1
evga 1070
https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6276-KR

evga 1070 8gb is selling for 400usd for the basic one and 450 usd for liquid cooled,rgb led version

so my problem is that black friday is around the corner and i *may* (not confirmed) visit u.s again in december.

so if i buy the 1060 now,i can sell it for 16k,make a slight profit and buy the 1070 if it comes down under 350usd.if not then i might be left with a 1060 which might end up a paperweight

Easy dude depends on monitor.
Planning to upgrade to a 2k/4k monitor in future or use one - Get 1070
Or else for 1080p gaming get 1060
Please ditch the 3 GB 1060

Last edited:
Easy dude depends on monitor.
Planning to upgrade to a 2k/4k monitor in future or use one - Get 1070
Or else for 1080p gaming get 1060
Please ditch the 3 GB 1060
thanks for the info bro
going with the 1070
i plan to get a Benq Zowie fhd monitor with 180hz refresh rate.1060 will do fine for now but i doubt over time it will be able to maintain 144~ frames
plus i can upgrade later with the sli

@PHOENiX117 ..Does EVGA give international warranty on their Product ?

I am in the same boat as you..looking to buy graphics card from US

Thanks

i answered this in a thread a few days ago too

In india EVGA products are covered under their Asia Pacific Regional Warranty (APAC)
http://asia.evga.com/support/warranty/
u will need to ship the gpu to taiwan,will cost around 2-3k and they will return ship it to you for free and in many cases offer u the shipping cost back in some form.
i have done it with a evga 770,and there are many people who have done it if u look over at evga forums.
plus evga overclocking and LQ warranty applies here too.

and if you are wondering then their customer support works in minutes not weeks

on another note buy from evga site,u will get gears 4 and powerlink worth 100usd free

@hardyieks @PHOENiX117
I already posted this in another thread but I strongly advise against getting cards from the US unless you have friends or relatives who travel frequently.
My month old RX470 which I bought off Newegg conked off last week, I was always apprehensive about buying gpu's abroad because of their higher failure rates in general when compared to other PC components.
This is the second time I gambled because it was a small investment but unfortunately it didn't work out, lucky for me I have friends who will be travelling to the US in the next two months so RMA isn't an issue but I can see that it could've easilty turned into an ordeal.

As for the EVGA option, you can still avail warranty by shipping it to Taiwan but the RMA replacement might be charged by our incompetent customs dept.
Although there's no duty on RMA replacements, there are some additional charges shown here on a $250 RMA gpu replacement from Taiwan to India as I checked here, adding this 3k to the amount you'll spend shipping the gpu completely negates the savings, not to mention the headache and inconvenience in getting your gpu shipped in the first place.

https://www.dutycalculator.com/new-...on/saved_calculations/view_details/210101238/

As for the 1060 vs. 1070 question, they're like chalk and cheese tbh, go by your reolution as @koolcoolkg already mentioned and stay away from the 3GB, it's a cut down version that should have been called the 1050 Ti.
You'll never be satisfied by your purchase if you keep thinking about the future so base your decisions on current requirements.
Stuff all your pc components like RAM, CPU, SSD in your suitcase when you return but don't carry a gpu, get the Zotac 1060 6GB locally instead and sell it when you're done with it.
I know the pricing is tempting and I too almost snagged a 1070 for 24k before better sense prevailed and I ended up buying a cheapo card.

i am carrying a mobo/cpu/hdd and a kb/mouse how should i go about bringing these?their original boxes??

I specifically mentioned CPU, RAM and SSD's since they're small and easy to carry and are some of the more reliable components that are less prone to failure.
- Go ahead and get the keyboard, except something from Razer ofc.
- Don't carry a Mice, even the most expensive mice will somehow end up getting the double-click or other issues and will be a PITA to get replaced.
- I haven't bought a HDD in years so I'm not sure of the savings or international warranty clauses, but if the savings are miniscule buy em locally.
- A multitude of things can go wrong with a mobo, there's isn't really a dearth of models available here so there's no need to get from the US unless you opt for high end ones or mini-itx where the difference in prices is large.

Carry the boxes if you have the space but keep the bill at hand and make sure you carry goods lesser than 50k in value.[DOUBLEPOST=1476269810][/DOUBLEPOST]
By the way any one knows from where to buy xbox 360 gamepad for PC?

Be careful since there are a lot of fakes going around online. Visit a proper gaming store, pc component retailer or Croma instead.

Last edited:
GTX 1070 any day bro. IMO, even if you are planning to play on 1080p @ 60 FPS, GTX 1070 will be able to give 60 FPS for years, so it is a worthy purchase.

Hey guys sorry for hijacking this thread hope you wont mind because the topic is similar. I had decided to buy the zotac 1070 mini since it costs slightly better than others. Rest all are overpriced. But after going through reviews & details some things started to bother me. 1. The temp goes a bit higher. 2. It jas No backplate. Now I want something which runs cool as well as has back plate for dust protection. I don't fancy rgb lighting. Thus planning on gigabyte 1060 which has both features.
Therefore if anybody has any experience in these then please suggest.

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry for hijacking this thread hope you wont mind because the topic is similar. I had decided to buy the zotac 1070 mini since it costs slightly better than others. Rest all are overpriced. But after going through reviews & details some things started to bother me. 1. The temp goes a bit higher. 2. It jas No backplate. Now I want something which runs cool as well as has back plate for dust protection. I don't fancy rgb lighting. Thus planning on gigabyte 1060 which has both features.
Therefore if anybody has any experience in these then please suggest.

The purpose of the backplate isn't to keep dust out, it's primary function is to dissipate some heat from the gpu, provide aesthetic value and additional structural support to the PCB in some of the longer and high end gpu's.
Since the 1060 already runs a bit cool, you're better off saving some money, the EVGA SC is a good option but you decide whether it's worth paying 4k extra for a 5 FPS difference.
This is the second best option if you're on a tight budget and want to avoid Zotac, its usually priced at 23k but MDcomputers lists it at 20k pretty often as it is listed atm.

http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?rou...86_416&product_id=5268&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Last edited:
The purpose of the backplate isn't to keep dust out, it's primary function is to dissipate some heat from the gpu, provide aesthetic value and additional structural support to the PCB in some of the longer and high end gpu's.
Since the 1060 already runs a bit cool, you're better off saving some money, the EVGA SC is a good option but you decide whether it's worth paying 4k extra for a 5 FPS difference.
This is the second best option if you're on a tight budget and want to avoid Zotac, its usually priced at 23k but MDcomputers lists it at 20k pretty often as it is listed atm.

http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?rou...86_416&product_id=5268&sort=p.price&order=ASC
Thanks for the quick reply psyph3r.

Actually I mentioned dust because my current gpu don't have back plate and lot of dust accumulates over the back PCB. Which makes the cleaning a bit difficult too.
Zotac 1060 runs at 80 max & gigabyte at 66deg max.

Anyways is zotac reliable? I mean quality wise. Any other than evga since warranty is a bit issue here too. Also Asus gtx 1070 is there for 33k imported. No indian warranty. Also by reading your experience it seems importing is not at all recommended.

Last edited:
Haven't used a Zotac product yet but I get the impression that they're a second tier AIB partner like XFX and Palit, many people end up buying because of their lower prices and extended warranty.
Not sure how their ASS is in India either but then all ASS in India sucks anyways.

Haven't used a Zotac product yet but I get the impression that they're a second tier AIB partner like XFX and Palit, many people end up buying because of their lower prices and extended warranty.
Not sure how their ASS is in India either but then all ASS in India sucks anyways.
I have heard that MSI's ASS is one of the worst. Thats why cant decide.:( Asus is what I prefer but asus strix costs almost 30k. no point in getting a 1060 at that price point. The pricing is very bad this time.

i answered this in a thread a few days ago too

In india EVGA products are covered under their Asia Pacific Regional Warranty (APAC)
http://asia.evga.com/support/warranty/
u will need to ship the gpu to taiwan,will cost around 2-3k and they will return ship it to you for free and in many cases offer u the shipping cost back in some form.
i have done it with a evga 770,and there are many people who have done it if u look over at evga forums.
plus evga overclocking and LQ warranty applies here too.

and if you are wondering then their customer support works in minutes not weeks

on another note buy from evga site,u will get gears 4 and powerlink worth 100usd free

I was in a relatively similar dilemma. I just purchased EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 from primeabgb. I asked prime regarding EVGA RMA, they told me that I can return the card for RMA to them. They will handle the process. Whether they will send the card to Taiwan for further processing or not is a different subject.

And EVGA is listing primeabgb and mdcomputers in their website for authorized online/offline retailers. http://eu.evga.com/Products/WhereToBuy.aspx

Also, (Not 100% sure on this but) EVGA RMA in India is handled by http://savera.co.in/ from what info I could gather. I do not know whether they send faulty cards to Taiwan (as per EVGA Asia-Pacific warranty terms) or not. Or whether RMA is handled locally like rest of the brands.

I also noticed a comment at Amazon IN - http://www.amazon.in/gp/pdp/profile/A1N5ZHYZU7MVIJ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdp?ie=UTF8

So it looks like EVGA has presence in India now. And we can purchase EVGA cards locally from primeabgb and mdcomputers.

After a bit of research & thinking I have solved the problem myself. Again sorry for going a bit off topic (if I am). If you fall into this category then please read it maybe it will help you too.

1. GTX 1070 actually is for 1440p at 60hz & 1080p at 120+hz. If you have a 1440p monitor or a 120hz or 144hz 1080p monitor then By all means get this card its the best for that segment (in fact it is the best value for money when compared to the GTX 1080 which is only 16-25% faster. Otherwise its a waste of money if you cannot use it to its full potential.

2. If you plan to buy that kind of monitor soon (means within 6 months) then also by all means get the above mentioned one.

3. But what about "The Dynamic Super Resolutions (4k)"
> Okay that is completely up to you. Also remember doing DSR has some disadvantages too like in BF4 multiplayer if you are down sampling from 4K then the HUD map will get smaller. Texts in few games will become smaller & may become hard to read.
> If DSR means a lot to you then by all means pay 33% more to get 27-30% avg increase in fps. Its for you to think. For me I think DSR is just a marketing gimmick. Yes it does improves quality a bit but are you really not happy with the quality which you are getting now? I am sure not every game needs DSR. Its also a marketing gimmick by nvidia to manipulate the consumers mentality. In confuses people to forget their basic need which is to play a game properly at a decent resolution at a decent frame rate with decent quality! Sometimes I really like consoles more mainly because people there are not too much concerned about how a game looks rather than how the game actually is!

4.Get this thing off your head called "Future proof". Throwing money on PC is as good as wasting money if we see it in general. A thing which costs now Rs 30K may cost 15k after a year.
look at the lifespan of all previous cards. What you are looking at is max lifespan of 3 years. After that what will happen no one knows. 970 released almost 2 years back now stands behind or somewhat near to RX 480 a much cheaper card @ launch.

5. Read the reviews given by professionals & people who have used the product to get a clear idea of your needs. Don't waste your time reading comments given by some "idiots" mostly in Us forums (sometimes in reddit too) where the cards are cheap & don't give yourself to marketing gimmicks.

The last important point is Are you a weak mentality person who has no confidence in his/her decision? Do you get easily manipulated by others comments? If thats the case then I would strongly recommend you to get the best card you can buy. By doing that at least you will achieve mental peace!:D

Anyways this guide is for everyone including me.

In the end its your money thus what you want to do with it depends on you completely.

Last edited:
After a bit of research & thinking I have solved the problem myself. Again sorry for going a bit off topic (if I am). If you fall into this category then please read it maybe it will help you too.

1. GTX 1070 actually is for 1440p at 60hz & 1080p at 120+hz. If you have a 1440p monitor or a 120hz or 144hz 1080p monitor then By all means get this card its the best for that segment (in fact is the best value for money when compared to the GTX 1080 which is only 16-20% faster) Otherwise its a waste of money if you cannot use it to its full potential.

2. If you plan to buy that kind of monitor soon (means within 6 months) then also by all means get the above mentioned one.

3. But what about "The Dynamic Super Resolutions (4k)"
> Okay that is completely up to you. Also remember doing DSR has some disadvantages too like in BF4 multiplayer if you are down sampling from 4K then the HUD map will get smaller. Texts in few games will become smaller & may become hard to read.
> If DSR means a lot to you then by all means pay 33% more to get 27-30% avg increase in fps. Its for you to think. For me I think DSR is just a marketing gimmick. Yes it does improves quality a bit but are you really not happy with the quality which you are getting now? I am sure not every games needs DSR. Its also a marketing gimmick by nvidia to manipulate the consumers mentality. In confuses people to forget their basic need which is to play a game properly at a decent resolution at a decent frame rate with decent quality! Sometimes I really like consoles more mainly because people there are not too much concerned about how a game looks rather than how the game actually is!

4.Get this thing off your head called "Future proof". Throwing money on PC is as good as wasting money if we see it in general. A thing which costs now Rs 30K may cost 15k after a year.
look at the lifespan of all previous cards. What you are looking at is max lifespan of 3 years. After that what will happen no one knows. 970 released almost 2 years back now stands behind or somewhat near to RX 480 a much cheaper card @ launch.

5. Read the reviews given by professionals & people who have used the product to get a clear ideas of your needs. Don't waste your time reading comments given by some "idiots" mostly in Us forums (sometimes in reddit too) where the cards are cheap & don't give yourself to marketing gimmicks.

The last important point is Are you a weak mentality person who has no confidence in his/her decision? Do you get easily manipulated by others comments? If thats the case then I would strongly recommend you to get the best card you can buy. By doing that at least you will achieve mental peace!:D Even if you want to show off then show off properly get a 4K monitor with a GTX 1080!

Anyways this guide is for everyone including me.

In the end its your money thus what you want to do with it depends on you completely.

well said bro ...... do you know that galax handles rma in India ..... a few months back Galax official launched their products in india .... and now their gpu's are available on primeabgb.com and they are bit cheap than others but still good .... so what u think will i get a warranty and if anything goes wrong do i have to ship the gpu outside or galax well handle it.

Back