Budget 41-50k Gtx 1070

Emrebel

Adept
What is your budget?
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel i5-2500k @3.3ghz
Motherboard - Asus P8H61M
GPU - GTS 450 (1GB DDR5)
RAM - Kingston hyperx fury 2X8GB 1866
Monitor - Acer (1600x900)

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement
GPU- GTX 1070
PSU - 550-650w
Case - Mid-Tower case

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within an year:
To skylake or whichever is efficient
1440p monitor/multi monitor setup

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai
Open to online purchase

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Animation, rendering and 3d stuff

Do you have any brand preference or dislike?
Seasonic x-650 for psu
Cooler Master 690 iii mid tower case
Msi/zotac for gtx 1070

I am not sure about which gpu brand to go for, though my opinion is bit tilted towards zotac amp edition.
Also I would like to hear suggestions for a good case and psu
And I will be upgrading most probably around mid-jan but getting options already might help me build a better rig.
PS I am getting the components for a future proof build, and will update the other components over small intervals.
But a gpu is only necessary component for now to get it going.
And I am aware that my current config might bottleneck the gpu.

I am not sure about which gpu brand to go for, though my opinion is bit tilted towards zotac amp edition.
Also I would like to hear suggestions for a good case and psu
And I will be upgrading most probably around mid-jan but getting options already might help me build a better rig.
PS I am getting the components for a future proof build, and will update the other components over small intervals.
But a gpu is only necessary component for now to get it going.
And I am aware that my current config might bottleneck the gpu.
currently EVGA 1070/1080/1060s are selling more then every other brand combined.
the best option will be to buy a GTX1070 from amazonglobal ,will cost around 30,000

evga offers international warranty,liquid cooling,overclocking warranty

For PSU
seasonic is the only brand you should go for,there is NO company That can rival seasonic for there price,
look for an alternative before you criticize it:p
1 in 10,000 seasonic PSU will fail in 5 years
1 in 500 Corsair PSU will fail in 5 years
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ahUKEwj5uoGr293QAhVLPo8KHQ0GCaYQvhcIKg&adurl=
http://www.ebay.in/itm/121759586927?aff_source=Sok-Goog

any case you like will be good,just dont go fro Circle or other indian brands

I actually mentioned a seasonic psu in the thread itself : Seasonic x-650 km3,
Though I am not sure about EVGA, as there have been complaints of coil whine and vrm heating issue. (A thread on TE as well)
Also, in case of budget issues I might drop the Cooler Master 690 iii and go for spec 02/03

I actually mentioned a seasonic psu in the thread itself : Seasonic x-650 km3,
Though I am not sure about EVGA, as there have been complaints of coil whine and vrm heating issue. (A thread on TE as well)
Also, in case of budget issues I might drop the Cooler Master 690 iii and go for spec 02/03
It's a fine psu,

There are some issues surrounding the cards lately,not every model has this problem and hopefully it's sorted out by now.i got one running fine.

Quick question since I am lazy to create new thread for it;
Given, someone fails to register his gpu to zotac for extended warranty within 28 days of purchase, is he devoid of the extended warranty??

Quick question since I am lazy to create new thread for it;
Given, someone fails to register his gpu to zotac for extended warranty within 28 days of purchase, is he devoid of the extended warranty??
Completely,

I don't understand why is everyone in India buying Zotac Gpus,when globally they are thwarfed by asus,EVGA and friends
Brand preference ??

Not for me actually, I was just going through quickr ads and one dude agreed for 34k for zotac amp but the fact that bothers me is that he never registered the gpu in 28 days window.. He says that once I purchase it from him I can register it under my name and I am pretty sure that is not how it works.
Companies are really strict about their policies and they can easily deny warranty for any stupid reason.
PS I am too looking forward to evga since they are the only ones that are making compact size gpus unlike others with 3 large fans.
And I am not into that rgb lighting, all I want is decent cooling for gpu.

Zotac is a decent brand. And they have possibly the most helpful warranty agencies in India (ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte all feel like they are out to screw the Indian consumer).
I bought an MSI gpu and I just hope I never have to deal with their RMA center.

If build quality is what you want, go with ASUS Strix or MSI Gaming X.
Gigabyte G1 has had issues with bent fan fins and EVGA has totally dropped the ball with Pascal. All companies have issues if you look hard enough, I am just calling out the major ones that made waves on a somewhat large scale.

Lastly for decent cooling, ignore all the mini form factors. Those get hot.

Overall I'd say Zotac is the most well-rounded choice for India, decent build quality coupled with a good local warranty scene.
Some of the lowest prices too.

Last edited:
Thanks man, that's what I was thinking as well. Zotac indeed has good service centre support in India and reviews have been positive for them

Back