Guide To PSP Downgrading

bodmas said:
Hello Guyz,
I am not going to take risk of downgrading. So, Guyz please lemme know from where in GURGAON, I can get MOD my PsP.
There isnt any place in gurgaon to get it done AFAIK

you can goto Palika Bazaar in CP to get it done

Is there any place in Bangalore where i can get my PSP downgraded or are there any Bangalore peeps who can help in doin the same .Have no time to go thru the entire process moreover i fear that i will screw it up.

trying to mod a slim psp 2004 with OFW 4.01

already have a PSP fat with CFW 3.71 M33

any special instructions for downgrading a PSP 2004 with Original firmware 4.01,

dunno why but i am to do it using the normal jigjack battery magic memory card that i use to mod PSP's.

the PSP i try to mod doesnt start in the pandora battery mode when i insert the pandora battery and magic memory stick ..

only the green power light turns on automatically ..but no activity on the other two lights ..and no display on the screen.

does any one have any idea..

tried looking up on other forums ..but confuses me more.

i need to install a CFW on this thing before tomorrow morning..:(..cause my cousins leaving tomorrow morning.

FaH33m said:
trying to mod a slim psp 2004 with OFW 4.01
already have a PSP fat with CFW 3.71 M33
any special instructions for downgrading a PSP 2004 with Original firmware 4.01,
dunno why but i am to do it using the normal jigjack battery magic memory card that i use to mod PSP's.

the PSP i try to mod doesnt start in the pandora battery mode when i insert the pandora battery and magic memory stick ..
only the green power light turns on automatically ..but no activity on the other two lights ..and no display on the screen.
does any one have any idea..
tried looking up on other forums ..but confuses me more.
i need to install a CFW on this thing before tomorrow morning..:(..cause my cousins leaving tomorrow morning.

did the psp come preloaded with firmware 4.01? i think the psp you got is with TA88-V3 motherboad which cannot be modded.

yeah ..i realized that after downloading a 240 mb file of universal downgrader along with all the latest updates.

dammit ! it is a TA-88v3 ..and i guess there's no hack for it. :(.

spent almost 4-5 hours after it ..all wasted :p.

Re: Guide To PSP Downgrading Method - II (Hardware Mod)

karanboochra said:
But anyday , i would prefer SoftModding .

Only if you have access to another PSP that's already been cracked! If not, hardmodding is the only option.

First Rule:

Until n unless it aint broken... Dont Try to fix it..

I am myself on 3.90 M33-3 CFW and faced no problems as such.

Still if u want to.. i ll try to write a simple enuf step by step procedure:

Upgrade to 5.00 m33-6:

1) Grab the OFW (ver 5.00, file wd be called 5.00.PBP)

Link for the same: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

2) Grab CFW (as mentioned before, u want to go to CFW 5.00 M33-6, so the file u seeking wd be 5.00 m33-6 ofcource)

3) Extract the contents of CFW file (Rar/zip whatever it is) and place the OFW 500.PBP into the CFW UPDATE folder.

4) Place this UPDATE folder in your /PSP/GAME/ folder.

5) Run the M33 update from your games list on your PSP.

U r through.

EDIT :And before u do anything.. Do backup ur NAND data and put it somewhere safe.

NAnd??....

i got another advice using pandora toolkit v2 ....

which one to use... this one is easy... so i think this will be enuff for me...

any changes between the 3.7 and the latest CFW??

Spacescreamer said:
First Rule:

Until n unless it aint broken... Dont Try to fix it..
I am myself on 3.90 M33-3 CFW and faced no problems as such.

Still if u want to.. i ll try to write a simple enuf step by step procedure:
Upgrade to 5.00 m33-6:

1) Grab the OFW (ver 5.00, file wd be called 5.00.PBP)
2) Grab CFW (as mentioned before, u want to go to CFW 5.00 M33-6, so the file u seeking wd be 5.00 m33-6 ofcource)
3) Extract the contents of CFW file (Rar/zip whatever it is) and place the OFW 500.PBP into the CFW UPDATE folder.
4) Place this UPDATE folder in your /PSP/GAME/ folder.
5) Run the M33 update from your games list on your PSP.

U r through.
EDIT :And before u do anything.. Do backup ur NAND data and put it somewhere safe.
I updated my psp...3.70 m33 to 5.00 m33

the update went ok...

but after that when i try to load a iso/cso it shows a error "The game could not be started (80020321)"

what is it???? did i bricked it

Ok...

i pressed the select in the xmb menu and set the m33 vsh menu...and set the cpu clock to 333/166

UMD ISO MODE to sony np9660 and the iso's worked...

Back