Audio Guitar Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Consumer Electronics' started by v1gnesh, Sep 28, 2007.

1. siddharth.beam

siddharth.beam Active Member
    Disciple

I am planning to learn guitar so i want to know which guitar should i use as a beginner .

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Well-Known Member
    Adept

If anyone is interested in "Pedals", I have one at disposal - AMT Metallizer pedal.

Perfect for getting the later Megadeth/Testament (90s) tone.

3. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member
    Adept

Buy any entry level guitar and try making it sound beautiful. If you can't, quit, NOW!

Just Kidding. [​IMG]

4. vivekjha0208

vivekjha0208 Member
    Disciple

any recommendations in around 4-5k ?

5. SiriusB

SiriusB Active Member
    Adept

Have you guys tried Rocksmith? I am thinking of buying that with the guitar bundle for my PS3. Do you think you can actually learn playing the guitar through that game?

6. SiriusB

SiriusB Active Member
    Adept

I guess not many are interested in Rocksmith. I couldn't even find the game in India. But I ordered one from the US and am buying a beginner guitar locally. Haven't finalized on a guitar yet. From what I read, the Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 is good and within my beginner budget of 11k. I think this is also the same guitar you get if you bought the Rocksmith guitar bundle. I need to visit the guitar shop to see if it feels right in my hands too.

7. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member
    Adept

I had inquired about it months back but obv it was not available.

where did you get it from? Care to post the link?

8. SiriusB

SiriusB Active Member
    Adept

I'm getting it from ebay India:
    Rocksmith | eBay

You could also get it from play-asia.com for about the same price.

9. kunallkw

kunallkw Well-Known Member
    Adept

Any one interested in selling a Yamaha F 310. Please let me know. Location: Bangalore.

10. indialogue

indialogue Member
    Disciple

@SiriusB, did you get just the game or the bundle? Planning to start learning the guitar and Rocksmith seems like a great way to learn at your own pace. Somehow I don't think I'll do well in a normal class setting for the guitar. How has your experience been so far with the game?

#230 indialogue, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  11. SiriusB

SiriusB Active Member
    Adept

^ Just the game. The bundle was too ridiculously priced.
    I like the game very much. Rocksmith is not a guitar teacher, but I think it will be best enjoyed by someone learning guitar elsewhere and playing this game for learning the songs. Nevertheless, I think it is a good enough teaching aid for people like me who don't want to "get serious" with a guitar.

12. indialogue

indialogue Member
    Disciple

@SiriusB Thanks for the update. Which beginner guitar did you go with?

- - - Updated - - -

@SiriusB Thanks for the update. Which beginner guitar did you go with?

#232 indialogue, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  13. SiriusB

SiriusB Active Member
    Adept

I went with the Fender California Fat Strat along with a Stranger guitar amp from a local Saptaswara shop. The total damage was approx Rs.15k and I got a guitar bag free.

14. ronnie_gogs

ronnie_gogs Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
    Veteran

It's a fender squire right ?

15. ronnie_gogs

ronnie_gogs Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
    Veteran

Maybe I will try this game too... Connect my epiphone les Paul to it :p

16. indialogue

indialogue Member
    Disciple

Experienced guitar players on TE, request your help to select a beginner's guitar. I'd like an instrument that will be forgiving through my learning phase as well as be of use once (whenever that is) I've become a better player. I'm not interested in going the upgrade route anytime in the next 5-6 years and have thus asked for recommendations from a guitarist friend thusly

I've been recommended the following guitars and wanted to get some inputs frm the community here as well:
    1. Yamaha Pacifica 012
    2. Yamaha Pacifica 112
    3. Avion AV1
    4. Avion AV3
    5. Vintage VS6
    6. Vintage V52
    My budget is around 15K and all the above fit within or around that (dont mind stretching a couple of K)

17. dragonball

dragonball Well-Known Member
    Adept

Depend s on what genre you would be playing as well. I have 112 and it is very versatile, Easy to play.

18. indialogue

indialogue Member
    Disciple

Thanks, where and how much did you get the Yahama for? Few of the shops I've looked at are not stocking it
    Also, in terms of genre, am looking to play blues rock in the future

19. dragonball

dragonball Well-Known Member
    Adept

I am a bluesy, rock/instrumental learner myself and pac 112v is a perfect match for that, its just not a metal guitar. I bought it from Yamaha showroom in lajpat nagar few months back. 21k approx