Audio Guitar Discussion Thread

Re: Guitar Discussion Thread 2008

Yea..but you said there is no clear coat!! So i guess it doesn't matter.. Its an unfinished maple fretboard..

What about the oil balance??

I forgot your fingerboard does not have clearcoat - anyway, lighter fluid evaporates so no worries about that either :)

Long shot I know, but if anyone is interested in upgrading your pickups I have a set of HSH DiMarzios (practically new) that were taken from my RG. They will be delivered mid July and you can have a local luthier install it if you don't have the tools or hands.

I'm letting go of them for a really low price, in fact, at the same price of what a single DiMarzio humbucker goes for in India. These pickups are way better than other stock DiMarzios available on all current models. I know for a fact they sound good in Alder and Basswood because I've tested them, but a few guitarists I know vouch for them in Mahogany bodies.

Before I post this on international forums where people are spoiled with too much good stuff, I decided to check here first. Let me know if you have specific questions.

omg! This thread is almost dead :p ..

Can anyone suggest some easy solos? I've done my scales and its time to start working on solos..

So far i can play ANY Nirvana , Green Day solo , and the usual stuff like Knockin' On Heavens Door solo....

Any suggestions?

What kind of music do you like to hear/play? Once you've nailed your basic diatonic scales, try to spot them in songs and see how players use them to make melody (rather than run up and down the fretboard).

Learn tunes you really like and practice as much as you can... chords and rhythm are equally important and will serve as a foundation for soloing later so don't go twiddly-twiddly on the guitar all the time ;)

The blues and pentatonic scales are very important for blues and rock, so you might want to get a hold of some Hendrix, SRV and Chuck Berry and jam along or try to follow them. Or, you can record chord progressions and solo over them for some solid practice.

Yea..I listen to everything from rock to metal. Basically i just want something simple (but not too simple like Nirvana and stuff )

I know my Major,Minor,Pentatonic,Blues,Chromatic scales.

I still can't spot them in songs :(

How do i go about it?

ok an update!

I tried the stairway to heaven solo and just traced many Pentatonic minor scales..will start working on the solo :)

I've got an OD-20 Drive Zone and TU-80 Tuner/Metronome on sale, if you're interested - I'll be in Bangalore next month and can ship it to you then. Both as good as new and going cheap, check the Boss site for product demos.

Forgive my sale posts here, I will make it up to you guys with some good lessons soon :p

Trying to sell my Aria Pro II and Stranger NS30 combo amp again... 10k for the Aria, 1.3k for the NS30. PM questions. Both will need to be picked up from Bangalore - I'm down for 2 days so no time to pack or ship.

I'll be going in for a bunch of stuff for recording soon.

On the cards (apart from the recording rig) are a bunch of mics, both condensor and dynamic, a Walden or Greg Bennet Electric/Acoustic, A Mex Fender, and a lot of stands. Maybe a Vox amp, if I can get some of my spare guitars to sell.

I'll post some recordings once I get started.

I Didn't know TE Had a Guitar Thread :p Some killer stuff over here

Anyhow i'm planning to sell my Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, it's in excellent condition, Are we allowed to start a Market Thread over such stuff?

Richard Chapman, The Complete Guitarist.

WholeNote - The On-Line Guitar Community - with guitar lessons OLGA guitar tab music chords scales and other goodies...

Guitar Noise - Free Online Guitar Lessons

All these resources have playing resources as well as theory. Have fun

merci mon capitan

Anyhow i'm planning to sell my Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, it's in excellent condition, Are we allowed to start a Market Thread over such stuff?

yes, you are. i believe a couple of peeps had their guitars on the market.

i need new strings for my cheep gb&a acoustic

anything special to look out for or do i just ask for a set of acoustic geetar strings?

hybridindigo said:
If you have a nice budget :D go for the Ernie Ball Acoustic Guitar Strings, they're excellent

+1 for the Ernie Ball Strings, love them, and personally speaking, prefer how they sound on my acoustic as compared to D'addarios.

If you do not want to spend too much money, go for Granada Strings. they are pretty decent aswell.

Back